FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AK Steel Cuts Pay For Salaried Workers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AK Steel Cuts Pay For Salaried Workers
    Posted: Dec 08 2008 at 4:13pm

So what do you long time steel industry experts think about the news of a 5% reduction for the salaried staff at AK ?

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2008 at 4:29pm
Not being an employee of AK, I couldn't say how I feel, but being an employee in today's economy I would say "Better 5% than 100%"
Tony C View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2008 at 4:46pm

I read that the employees have been supportive of the move so that is god to hear. It's alslo good to hear the company is doing better than last year. Perhaps the managemnt from the Big 3 could learn a thing or two on how to run a manufacturing facility during these times.

MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by HereIam HereIam wrote:

Not being an employee of AK, I couldn't say how I feel, but being an employee in today's economy I would say "Better 5% than 100%"

I totally agree. Do you want a job or not?

I believe within the next 6 months everything will change for the better. NO, I am not talking about Obama.
Don't even get me started with him.

I am usually good with intuition. Companies, clients, are waiting until after the first of the year to sign contracts, etc. Let's see how the first quarter of 2009 goes. I can only believe.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by MadisonMom MadisonMom wrote:

I am usually good with intuition. Companies, clients, are waiting until after the first of the year to sign contracts, etc.

Hope your are right!

Speaking of Obama I love this site:

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
The Resident View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Resident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2008 at 9:41am

The Salary reduction and the reaction from all of the people surprise me, management and union alike.

Normally the management does something and the union workers bad mouth it, or vice versa.  This time, the salary employees took a cut and the ones that I know are not grumbling about it, they have pretty much said what Herelam said, better 5% now than 100% later.  I also expected the my Union friends to say things like “that’s what they deserve” , “Overpaid morons need to drop their pay”, but I have heard none of that, it’s almost like they are a team, like they are getting along and realize they are in this together for the long run.  (Must not be any Bengals fans at the Mill)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic