FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Lots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Lots
    Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:17pm
Well, I guess we are getting a new Big Lots next to the new Tractor Supply. WHY???
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:35pm
Big Lots?  Yuck. 

City should just put a sign up that says "Welfaretown".
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:37pm
What will go into the soon to be old Big Lots Location then?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

What will go into the soon to be old Big Lots Location then?

ANOTHER FAMILY DOLLAR OR DOLLAR GENERAL.

WITH THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THE CITY LEADERS ARE ATTRACTING AS CITIZENS NOWADAYS, THE HIGH END STORES HERE HAVE BECOME ODD LOTS/FAMILY DOLLAR AND DOLLAR GENERAL, REPLACING SEARS, ELDER_BEERMAN AND McALPINS/MACY'S. LOGICALLY, HIGH END STORES WON'T DO WELL IN A TOWN WITH A LOW MEDIAN INCOME.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 1:55pm
Old Jewish saying " Money goes where money is".
 I heard that sales at our local WalMart are down...
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 2:36pm
That because our local Wal-Mart is as bad if not worse than the Wal-Mart in Moraine. I was in Wal-Mart a few days ago, to get a new Vacuum Cleaner. Let's just say I am not surprised.

1) the Vacuum cleaner section was destroyed, and nothing lined up with the correct prices.
2) There was a customer at the Paint Counter who kept hitting the help button for at least 15 minuets before someone paged for him. 
3) People running around like the just got out of bed, or could not find anything nice to wear.
4) Lines were insanely long
5) There was an argument going on in the parking lot as we walked to our car.

We hate going to the Middletown Wal-Mart so much we make it a point to go to Meijer or Kroger's when ever we get a chance.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

That because our local Wal-Mart is as bad if not worse than the Wal-Mart in Moraine. I was in Wal-Mart a few days ago, to get a new Vacuum Cleaner. Let's just say I am not surprised.

1) the Vacuum cleaner section was destroyed, and nothing lined up with the correct prices.
2) There was a customer at the Paint Counter who kept hitting the help button for at least 15 minuets before someone paged for him. 
3) People running around like the just got out of bed, or could not find anything nice to wear.
4) Lines were insanely long
5) There was an argument going on in the parking lot as we walked to our car.

We hate going to the Middletown Wal-Mart so much we make it a point to go to Meijer or Kroger's when ever we get a chance.

I too, had a situation at the Middletown Wal-Mart last Saturday. The old "football watchin' " TV finally gave out last week. Had no sound for months and I used the closed caption to get a little more service out of it before taking it to the curb for the junk folks or Rumpke to pick up. Went to Wal-mart to buy another one. Selected one and promptly stood there for about 20 minutes watching the electronics employee chit-chat with his buddy. Finally called it quits and went to Sears and got a better deal for less money. Wal-Mart will never know they lost a sale due to the poor service provided the customer.......unless I go back and tell the store manager about the situation. The manager may or may not care at this point.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic