FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breiel Pizza Hut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breiel Pizza Hut
    Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 11:14am
I understand it is in the process of being leveled and cleared.

Anyone know what's happening?
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 1:42pm
I saw some photos on Facebook. That place was there for 40 years or more. Gone with a blink of an eye.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 2:24pm
Rallys was demo'ed because the building was considered unmarketable (from what I was told), and the property vacant was more marketable than the property + building.

I am wondering if it's the same with the Pizza Hut building.

Nice to see the old Meinke building getting refurbished and a new tenant (Clark's Pharmacy).

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 2:49pm
Speaking of Pizza Hut, rumor has it the Pizza Hut on Elliott Dr. in Kittyhawk Center is also going to close in the near future.
Maybe their business isn't what it used to be ?
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 3:19pm
Didn't you guys hear? They are closing so that they can consolidate in a huge building downtown to feed the masses!LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Didn't they just put a new roof on the Pizza Hut? Does it make any sense to put money into a building that is to be leveled? Prime land with a good traffic flow and visibility. Only in Middletown is that not enough.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

Speaking of Pizza Hut, rumor has it the Pizza Hut on Elliott Dr. in Kittyhawk Center is also going to close in the near future.

They can't close it down 409. We buy too many pizzas and get the chicken alfredo there every Tuesday with the special. Wife demands the chicky alfredo or I get in trouble. Now what are we going to do?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 4:14pm
Wow--I had heard that Marco's wanted to move to the Breiel location formerly Pizza Hut.

Anyone heard any recent location change to the proposed Red Onion situation in the area formerly known as downtown?
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Didn't they just put a new roof on the Pizza Hut? Does it make any sense to put money into a building that is to be leveled? Prime land with a good traffic flow and visibility. Only in Middletown is that not enough.
Perhaps the building sold and the new owners wanted the property but not the building. 

Most establishments want their own concept and not a building that looks like an old Pizza Hut.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 4:26pm

They can't close it down 409. We buy too many pizzas and get the chicken alfredo there every Tuesday with the special. Wife demands the chicky alfredo or I get in trouble. Now what are we going to do?
Vet....If/when it closes, that will leave the Verity Pkwy location unless they also leave our booming city !
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

Anyone heard any recent location change to the proposed Red Onion situation in the area formerly known as downtown?

I had not heard, but it would not come as a surprise.  Planning Commission agreed to the vacation of the alley between Beau Verre and the old Finkleman mall building.  However, it seems there was an issue with some of the utilities so it seems that the connector would have to be "portable."  The kitchen /storage was supposed  be in the smaller building with dining and bar in the Beau Verre building. 

What's the new location?  I think the ground floor of the old Rogers HQ building would be nice :)

I hope it happens regardless of location.  It would be a very nice addiiton in Middletown. 
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 4:29pm
Used to eat here all the time as an elementary school kid through the Book It! program. Oh, those were the days.

Glad to see this chain architecture going away.
Rolo Tomassi View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Tomassi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 6:59pm
Little Caesar's driving all oizza joints out of business.
"Hush, hush."
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2012 at 7:03pm

Talked to the Elliot Dr. Pizza Hut manager while ordering the alfredo special. He says just a rumor. Not going anywhere. Business is fine. He was not surprised about the Breiel location being gone. Another business going in there or so he said. Didn't say what business.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 1:55am
The LLC that purchased the Pizza Hut property also owns Marco's Pizza franchises as well as Cincinnati Tan and Palm Beach Tan. Here's one of the managing member's LinkedIn pages: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-caskey/a/a67/532
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2012 at 9:02am
Makes sense then.  Likely will want to construct a strip center.  Saves on leases.  Builds equity.   Produces income from additional storeronts.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Rolo Tomassi Rolo Tomassi wrote:

Speaking of Little Caesars,  Does anybody remember this ?

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 8:14pm
Yea I do 409,where did you find the picture lol
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2012 at 9:18pm
Bo....just happened to remember I had an old bucket in the basement.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2012 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by Rolo Tomassi Rolo Tomassi wrote:

Speaking of Little Caesars,  Does anybody remember this ?

Marketing genious! Spaghetti in a bucket. Yum Yum

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic