Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Sunday, May 5, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Black eye for Council from a Trenton resident
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Black eye for Council from a Trenton resident

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Black eye for Council from a Trenton resident
    Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 9:27pm
I remember watching this meeting also and it happened as described, unfortunately, eventhough it was in a joking manner.

'A long walk'

When I opened my paper on Valentine's Day and read the "thumbs up" to my fair city for helping out Middletown with its ambulance shortage, I nearly choked on my Froot Loops! Why? Because I immediately flashed back to a televised Middletown City Council meeting, where Mr. (Tony) Marconi and his cronies were giggling like crazed schoolgirls over the prospect of selling road salt to their "neighbors" to make some cash!

Apparently, when it benefits Middletown, it's regional cooperation; when it goes the other way, it's business. Good thing whoever Middletown talked to was one of our small-towners with a big heart. Because if they'd asked me, I would have told them to make sure the road from City Hall to Atrium stays well-salted — because it's a long walk.

Steve Reynolds

Trenton

MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2009 at 9:53pm
How do these people get voted on to Council in the first place?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 6:42am
MM- They are club members and the only game in town. They have a network to support them and usually run a one horse race, guaranteeing their place on Council and the School Board. The network is comprised of selected city leaders, business people, and other influential folks in town who call the shots and do the financing.They elect their go-fers to do their bidding. The only way to change this whole scenario is to form an opposing group of people to provide the support and money to field a majority number of candidates, ones that have different ideas and a different direction for this city , a direction that a majority of voters will buy into. Until that happens, the town is doomed to a perpetual downward slide caused by Council/city building leaders and the schools will continue to decline under the current School Board/Superintendant. We will realize a change when enough people want to get up off the couch and organize a resistance group to field new age thinking candidates to replace the "town/school genocide" group we have now.After the new people are in place, we need to concentrate on purging the city building starting with selected department heads and replace them with competency and with people without a personal agenda other than for the city well-being. The schools need a new direction and a new Superintendant.What they have been doing the last 20 years, ain't workin' or we would have seen better results.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic