FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Regional Airport/Hook Field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Regional Airport/Hook Field
    Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 5:35pm

(IATA: MWO, ICAO: KMWO, FAA LID: MWO)

Hook Field is a city-owned public-use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) north of the central business district of Middletown, a city in Butler County, Ohio, United States.[1] It has the longest runway of any non-towered airport in southwest Ohio.

In late August 2008 the airport gained some national prominence when the Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin flew into Hook to later attend a Dayton campaign rally where she was announced as Senator John McCain's running mate.
[edit]Facilities and aircraft

Hook Field Municipal Airport covers an area of 550 acres (223 ha) at an elevation of 650 feet (198 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 5/23 is 6,100 by 100 feet (1,859 x 30 m) with an asphalt pavement; 8/26 is 3,040 by 297 feet (927 x 91 m) with a turf surface.

For the 12-month period ending October 1, 2007, the airport had 40,050 aircraft operations, an average of 109 per day: 91% general aviation, 9% air taxi and <1% military. At that time there were 90 aircraft based at this airport: 96% single-engine, 2% multi-engine and 2% jet.

kingair View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 7:02am
There will be many exciting activities and events at Middletown Regional this year. Today, Emergency Equipment will be arriving to be housed as part of an agreement between Middletown Fire and the Butler County EMA. Also, new business will be locating there, increasing air traffic. Clap
Kigair200
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 7:09am
I live on Germantown Rd next to Hook Field. I don't think Sarah Palin was very impressed with our town when she flew into the airport. This area is forgotten while all efforts are being made to improve the east end of town around Atrium (which is just past the ramp that leads to Sycamore Hospital and other more progressive towns) and the downtown area with all the empty "pretty" buildings. If Middletown wants to encourage new business for the airport they need to make the surrounding area appear more sucessful. I have read in the Journal numerous times that I75 is the place for incoming traffic to our town. If that's true then they go towards town, past our empty mall . . not the Atrium. And just FYI SR4 probably has as much if not more incoming traffic.  They are met with several closed businesses, Frisch's unsitely roof, a trailer park that should be leveled, Aeronca's weed infested parking lot, a park that still has debris from the storm in September, leaning utility with drooping wires . .  and then there's the condition of the roads.  Why would anyone want to come here? Are there any plans to revitalize this end of town? I heard a rumor about an industrial park on Carmody, any truth in that? This is my hometown and it just saddens me to see it being ranked by Forbes as the 10th fastest dying city. Franklin was always stereotyped as a little redneck community, not nearly as progressive as Middletown. They have grown tremendously, so has Springboro and Monroe. What is wrong here?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 9:15am
Wannaknow
I agree...however I think ALL the main roads into Middletown could use a major cleanup.
A BIG PINK NOTICE needs to be sent the the property owners of these empty lot and give them 30 days to cleaned up.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2009 at 4:38pm
I think Hook field is a major asset for Middletown especially the long runnway, 6,100 by 100 feet which allows jets to easily land in Middletown.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic