FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Property Tax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scrapmonkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrapmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Property Tax
    Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 12:20pm
Could someone tell me how a parcel that is valued at $130,000 without a house on it could only be taxed by the county for $<10.00 ??
scrapmonkey

"Civilization begins with order,grows with liberty,and dies with chaos"~Will Duran
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2009 at 5:02pm

Just a guess, but it is probably owned by a politician!!!  (Or perhaps a friend of our County Treasurer or County Auditor)

But stop worrying about things like this!!!

Why???

Well, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of peeling paint in your community.

Ooooooooooh we got trouble,trouble,trouble...
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrapmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 12:38am
Good guess Mike ! Your right ! It is owned by a "politician". He also owns a couple of section 8's which is no crime but could be construed as "conflict of interest" with Consoc ? Anyway..................
No my eyes are wide open,I guess thats the real problem.
scrapmonkey

"Civilization begins with order,grows with liberty,and dies with chaos"~Will Duran
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrapmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2009 at 6:35pm
I stand corrected on my posting about a lot "with no house". The lot in question does have a house,but the yearly taxes are still questionable.
scrapmonkey

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 2:02pm
Doesn't seem right. Is it owned by a school board member? I remember one school board member who had an investment property foreclosed on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic