FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Property-Former Dunkin Donuts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bchasteen View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchasteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commercial Property-Former Dunkin Donuts
    Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 8:40am
LOCATION! LOCATION!

Building with extra lot, drive thru,high traffic area with easy access. Located in front of shopping center. Many possible uses. $299,000 MLS#436688

bchasteen View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchasteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 8:42am
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 9:18am
Someone buy this and bring back the Dunkin Donuts!
Looking for news or information on display technology? If so Visit the Monitor Blog
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 11:21am
I agree, we need donuts!

Does that building still have a donut factory inside?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 12:20pm
Please support what we have now!
Support ALL of the area businesses, even in the west end!
The next business saved could be your own!
Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 12:45pm
We should be supporting our locally owned businesses first instead of the out of town mega businesses and franchises!  Keep what few dollars we have in Middletown and thank those merchants for what they do!
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 4:46pm

test

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 5:09pm

I was just thinking the same thing.  Even $100K is to much for what is happening in Middletown right now business wise.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2009 at 5:44pm
Besides, I don't think that DUNKIN' DONUTS ever made donuts at that site.
I believe they just dropped them off there.
I could be wrong.
bchasteen View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchasteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 9:05am
This location gets a lot of traffic, the building was built in 1996, We aren't leveling downtown Middletown why should we level this?
I have to say I am disappointed and disagree with some of these comments. I believe the Property has potential and this negativity hinders Middletown growing. The owners had the property listed about a year ago at a much higher price, so I think we are headed in the right direction. I see VALUE in Middletown and this property.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 9:29am
bchasteen it is not being negative it is being realistic.  I own my own business and have been in the Service/Retail business for 20 years this month and am finishing the worst week in business that I have had in 20 years.   

Personally this is a hard sell in these trying economic times.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
bchasteen View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchasteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 9:40am
I agree it is a hard sell, just frustrating sometimes to be reminded of that fact.
I do welcome your input/comments. I am just trying to remain positive as I take on each challenge.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 11:01am
good luck!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 3:34pm
The property has been a donut shop and a lottery place. Really can't think of a good business to run out of such a small building. Good traffic flow and exposure out by Roosevelt. Gourmet coffee drive thru?? Small pizza shop drive thru ala Little Caesars? Small drive thru sub shop? East end police substation-satellite to downtown operation (or would it have to be larger) Hey! New tourist office for all the people that will visit Middletown when we get things going with the changing of the guard on Council after we boot the incumbants off!
bchasteen View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchasteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 10:29am

Will consider lease purchase, land contract or rental.

thoroughman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thoroughman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 2:41pm
Really that would be the perfect spot for Little Ceasers Pizza. That would then help the traffic concerns that happen on Briel with poeple making U turns and blocking traffic and near crashes to get a pizza. Have you went over and spoke with the owner?

Mr. Thoroughman
Jesus move in our city like never before seen!
thoroughman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thoroughman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 2:44pm
If it was bigger, I would look at it for a good church spot. I pastor a church in town. We are new and small right now. That is a great location for that, but not a good building for it. I would like to see a Chucky Cheese around here also.
Jesus move in our city like never before seen!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 3:49pm

Spiderjohn I agree with you. Christmas is on it's way and we need to shop at local businesses or they may not be here come springtime. I heard that many large area retail stores are having second thoughts about hiring extra Christmas help this year.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 5:02am
Here's a thought:

Since that was the ORIGINAL home of the FIRST Dunkin Donut in Middletown, have it declared a HISTORIC DISTRICT and RAISE the price back up to, oh, say $499,000!!!  Then the Owners could apply for some of the MILLIONS of federal dollars that City Hall hopes to be handing out to their Moving Forward buds in the near future.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 9:09am
Mike

I have ever a better thought...We need to make you Director of the Landmarks and Historic District Department. Yes sir you would make us all proud. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2009 at 9:49pm
Mr. Presta, you are entertaining, smart and witty. I find myself laughing out loud at some of the comments you make. You hit the nail on the head everytime and say it in the most amusing way. I would welcome you anytime to visit my place. I will buy you a beer, camoflaged as a latte or Reisling, your preference. You can practice your artsy fartsy stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic