FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

elections

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: elections
    Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 9:55am
OK--we have two openings this fall for seats on the school board.
It should be possible for this message board to get strongly behind a worthy candidate and support them every way possible. That candidate could use these message boards as a sounding point to expresstheir agenda and direction towards improving our school system. The internet could be a very inexpensive and powerful method of spreading the word.

Plus it would create tremendous activity to this site, which should benefit the creators and caretakers(very deservedly). We must seriously thank the leadership/ownership of MiddletownUSA for providing this venue and allowing such diverse and controversial opinions to be tossed around.  Still--time to ramp it up a notch or two to finally achieve our long-range goals that we have discussed ad nauseum for a few years now.
Let's help elect someone!!

IF we can temper Vet,and portray his positive qualityies, stress a teamwork approach, and somewhat change the dark sider's opinion of him(at least a few of them to some degree), we may well knock off Ms.Andrew or even Rev.Tyus(preferably Ms.Andrew).

The incumbants should be extremely vulnerable, especially after the nest round of #s are released and the spin machine makes the next round of excuses. Mr.Price has clearly shown his desire to leave the system, so his opinions have little importance other than his up=coming exit from town.
Any other names to consider?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 10:28am
Spider- Vet works during the day. He couldn't be there for the daytime "activities"- aka shinanagans that would have to be closely scrutinized with this bunch. I seriously doubt that you would be able to change the "dark siders" view of Vet as he would be abrasive to those currently on the board. They don't like the military, no nonsense, in your face, quit talking about fru-fru crap and develop a successful program to educate the kids so that they have a prayer's chance in the working world attitude. Furthermore, I ain't got no ( how about that string of negatives!) positive qualities that I know of. No, Spider, I wouldn't fit in with that bunch. We have nothing in common. Could you see me trying to converse with Price??? Talking about a verbal war!   
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 10:58am
OK--points well taken.

Next names?
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 11:48am
I like your plan. 
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 3:27pm
I am in total agreement!!!

This year's elections are absolutely CRITICAL for both our city and our schools.  If we wait any longer for change, it will probably be too late!!!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2009 at 6:10pm

I agree with everyone else…we MUST bring a change in the School Board and City Council. NOW!!

Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2009 at 9:34pm
Maybe we should ask Autnie Ann who she wants! She has the final say. She already has influence on the school board and counsel. Sauter, Fiora, Becker and Mulligan! Her choices always work out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic