FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broad Street Bash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broad Street Bash
    Posted: May 20 2009 at 11:12pm
The Broad Street Bash had a decent (medium) turnout tonight.
The band was good and played longer sets than usual.

I saw one of the posters on this board surrounded by a few members of the opposite sex.
But I'll never say who!  Wink
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 1:31am
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

The Broad Street Bash had a decent (medium) turnout tonight.
The band was good and played longer sets than usual.

I saw one of the posters on this board surrounded by a few members of the opposite sex.
But I'll never say who!  Wink
409:  It happens EVERY time I appear in public!!! 

Wink LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 10:09am
Great time last night.
Same type of crowd as last year.
Food was horrible everywhere. Time to quickly assess who comes back and who doesn't.
Farmer's market might do better during this event than during dead time during the weekday. Healthy alternatives could probably do well also.
Didn't think much of the band or the sound system.
The crowd mix made it all work, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. A lot of laughter and happy conversation.
A healthy thing that can bring the diverse thinkers closer together and less defensive.

What about a wet T-shirt contest to take it all to the next level?

I dunno who had more access to Mike P--the babes or the politicians.
But we all know that ladies(and politicians) love outlaws.

Many improvements to the downtown buildings(new windows on the next block east!).
Looks like an area getting closer to serious improvement.
Keep the city out of it, and let the private sector take over without strangling red tape or ?able un-necessary standards.

Go Buckeyes! View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Buckeyes! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 10:37am
You might want to check to see if HUD money was made available to the owners of the buildings that you refer to?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 1:13pm
Spider- coupled with your wet T- shirt contest for the guys, how about a "skimpy Speedo wearing contest for heavy guys" for the gals? To attact more people to the Bash, we could also offer a dunking booth for selected city leaders. A spinning wheel with city officials attached, with participants throwing water ballons. (I would have suggested knives or darts but that might draw blood) How about allowing the Bash crowd to wrap a city official up in duct tape and stick them on a wall- similar to the school principal for fund raisers and to get the kids to read. Problem is, they may all go home and leave the official all "wrapped up". As for the food- The Jug was there- never had a bad Jug cheeseburger. As for this Presta fellow- what's this about the women and the politicians? Has Mr. Presta turned into the Fabio of Middletown? Has he been hiding this "animal attraction thing" from us? Has he gone "rogue" on us fraternizing with the city's high rollers? What gives, Mr. Michael "Hugh Hefner" Presta??    
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 1:45pm

Vet--dunno about the speedo thing, however the dunking booth concept could raise considerable funding for just about everything.

Had a bad Jugburger last night--still it was wonderful when compared to the Manchester's "prime rib sandwich".

My wife and I had fun talking to everyone.
Ms.Gilleland and Mr.Ashworth were in great spirits and good conversation, the Morts were in the middle of it all...., though Council presence was nil, though the place really wasn't "set up" for conversations with Council.

Sorry to miss you, vet.
Should be a good summer down there, and the up-coming arts festival should be even better!
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 2:50pm
Is this every Wednesday night?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 2:59pm
Jonathan- every other Weds thru August.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic