FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wake up people!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2009 at 10:12am
wow Mike
well--I pretty much agree with what you are saying.

I was told that the vandals were caught(so their names are known), at least some were not juveniles, and that they climbed the fire escape behind the TVM building, bent the TVM antenna(again) then began throwing bricks across the street smashing the new windows.
Micheal--you know how bad the windows looked before replacement. When I attended the bash, the new windows and frames were installed and were beautiful. We are talking about a LOT of windows between the two adjacent buildings. Have no clue as to who paid for them or how, though it is a privately owned concern. To me--this vandalism is very troubling.

Bicentennial Commons--I totally agree with your thinking. Why improve something that is not used? Why is it not used? Will it be used this summer?

This town could use a good rave, rattlesnake festival or every other diverse event possible. Bring on something for everyone. The music Saturday offered something for pretty much every diverse taste.

I agree about the cemetary--where were city reps(at least to monitor their responsibility?)
With all of the outrage expressed on this message board, ya might expect a few posters to show up to walk their talk.

I am working towards November also, and have agrresively supported one candidate already. I preach daily to encourage others to step forward, but am not having much success. Hopefully all concerned will volunteer for the various boards and committees. We can tip their balance with continued effort.

You know--I ?ed my real purpose and effort when I hit 300 posts on this forum.
Now I am at 350, and wonder why I persist. The repitition has become maddening.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 10:53am
4 pacman and others:

Downtown Vandalism

Bad news: We had some vandalism downtown that affected Port Middletown Park, the Castell, Sebald and TV Middletown buildings and some of our street lights.  This vandalism resulted in tens of thousands of dollars in damages. Good news: the Police Division caught the suspected vandals.  They are from Middletown, in their early 20s, and had apparently gained access to the roof of one of the buildings downtown. They have been charged with criminal trespassing; the investigation is ongoing and additional charges may result.  

Task Force on Pawn Shops/24 hour businesses

I have established a multi-disciplinary staff task force on the above to focus on regulating businesses that might feed into our crime system. We have had a number of shops that buy second hand items, gold, etc. pop up in town and we want to ensure that these are reputable businesses. As such we will be examining all sorts of policies and ordinances regarding hours of operation, registration of goods purchased, signs in windows, signs on vehicles and the like. Staff will do our research and bring this item to the 1st Council meeting in July so that we can also include your thoughts and ideas on this topic.

Business Retention Committee

I am really proud of the efforts of the Business Retention Committee. Denise Hamet from our ED Department has done a great job of working with Community Leaders who gather to call on our businesses in Middletown. These visits provide valuable information on things the city can do to assist our current businesses in remaining successful and growing. We will have a presentation at Tuesday’s Council meeting by the group.

Section 8 HUD Audit- Technical Assistance visit

Staff, CONSOC and I met with HUD to discuss their review of the CONSOC records regarding our Section 8 program. HUD was pleased with the records kept by CONSOC and with their/our performance as a Housing Agency. HUD specifically examined the records associated with the # units leased and the payments for the units. HUD mentioned that we are in the top 300 Housing Agencies in the country in terms of size. HUD measures program success by high lease rate and low vacancy rate; by HUD standards we have a successful program. The 15 month average number of units leased was 24,061, which equals 1,604 unit average per month. The cap of units that Council established is 1662.

We also asked HUD for advice on improvements that we can make to the Housing Agency reporting to Council and Council action on Agency matters. We continue to do research in this area.

Bike path

We will do some work on the Energy Efficiency grant to see if the bike path is a feasible project. I’ve heard from a few council members on this topic and it looks as though there is interest in pursuing the bike path. Again, before we do any significant work on either the bike path or the energy efficient building improvements, we want to gauge interest. If the bike path project does not pan out, we will pursue building and facility improvements. The time frame is tight and we will need the latitude to make decisions quickly if we are to receive any funding.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 11:21am
Spider......the question is SO...............?  Their age is immaterial to me they committed a crime, whether they are 15 or 20.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 12:09pm
Observations from Gilleland's notes in Spider's post-Vandalism- make the families pay for the damage. Make the vandals work it off for a year or two taking their entire wages to pay for the damage. Task Force on reputable businesses. She says businesses "pop up" in town. What?? You mean you don't have a handle on who's coming to town, what they sell, what their intentions are BEFORE settling in to do business? Why wouldn't the city want to know this to monitor it? There wasn't an indication that some of these pawn shops or flea market type operations may present a problem? Isn't it ironic that we have a "Business Retention Committee" to call on businesses to assist in remaining successful and grow, while simultaneously doing the prevention of banners, size of advertising signs, raids on small time petty gambling and other roadblocks that hinder businesses from prospering?? Section 8- Gilleland breaks her arm patting herself and others on the back for passing some bogus, glossed over HUD audit while stating that Middletown is one of the top 300 housing agencies in the country in terms of size- (nothing to be proud of Judith if you haven't figured that out by now), having the audacity to state that we have a successful program with having 1604 out of the 1662 maximum allowable. (As if that's a prideful thing- to have a large welfare state here in town). What a pathetic thing to feel good about Gilleland. Your focus for this town is all screwed up lady!!! Lastly, we have the old bike path- an obvious waste of money if for no other reason than a lack of use, no matter what money is spent for improvements. It makes more sense to do money saving efforts in the city buildings for more long term savings and to benefit the MAJORITY of taxpayers, unlike the bike path.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 12:20pm

sorry pacman--I thought you were our new crime stat czar and cub reporter for cut/pasting MJ news. maybe only crime in schools.

Vet--amazing thinking that we read in the city manager update.

I have 3 long-running businesses in all areas of the city and have NEVER been contacted by city Econ D people regarding retention,expansion or anything for that matter.
And now they want to add a code enforcement person?

the charter review minutes are hysterical.
Aren't these the same names that put us int to this municipal mess and served on the past charter review committees? Why keep choosing them? Their thinking obviously hasn't worked well.
General Patton View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 1:33pm
To:  Judy Gilleland -

I respectfully disagree with the priorities that City staff has developed for the use of $180,000+ of supplementary CDBG Program funding that will be presented tonight to the City Council.  While it would be nice to pave several hundred lineal feet of alleys and to purchase/install playground equipment in Wards 1 and 2, you have a much higher priority.  That is, to ensure that low- to moderate-income homeowners will have access to capital to address Housing Code Violations that your staff will be issuing.

As you are well aware, large amounts of HUD funds have been lost/wasted for some time now on housing rehabilitation and purchase/rehabilitation projects.  Between funds that remain in the Housing Rehabilitation Revolving Loan Fund and a small amount of new HOME Program funds, you don't have a great deal of resources available given the large number of homeowners who will have housing code violation issues and no personal funds to deal with same.

The expanded partnership that I established with People Working Cooperatively in mid-2007 prior to your arrival is a good one.  I also take pride in working with their staff and Fifth Third Bank in initiating what has become a great working relationship with the Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati and expanded funding.

For every dollar of HUD funds that the City of Middletown makes available to PWC, an even greater amount of matching funds are leveraged from Duke Energy, FHLB - Cincinnati, etc.  Were you to revise your proposal and allocate $138,000+ in supplementary CDBG funds, 40 homeowners could receive an average of $10,000 apiece to address violations.  This would be especially helpful for the elderly, permanently disabled and the unemployed.

Please give this your utmost consideration.

My alternative recommendation is as follows:

Target Areas Commercial Code Enforcement Inspector (Part-Time) $25,000*

Minor Housing Rehabilitation Program (People Working Cooperatively) $138,630**

Program Administration $18,180

City staff recommendations are as follows:

Target Areas Commercial Code Enforcement Inspector (Part-Time) $25,000

Target Areas Neighborhood Alley Repaving $69,315

Target Areas Neighborhoods Playground Equipment $69,314.50

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 1:47pm
CORRECTED ALTERNATIVE SUPPLEMENTARY CDBG PROGRAM BUDGET

My "corrected" alternative recommendation is as follows:

Historic Pioneer Cemetery Revitalization Fund $33,630*

Minor Housing Rehabilitation Program (People Working Cooperatively) $130,000

* This does not include the $11,000 in CDBG funds already promised by senior City staff.

NRS

P.S.  Sorry for the omission Miss Vivian.  Keep on keeping on!
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 2:59pm
interesting thinking, general!

why are we talking about little-used park improvements and a huge sum for an even less-used bike path?

We have poor homeowners with serious repair needs. Fire stations in need of "greener" structural improvements. we simply don't need any more flowers, swing sets or more $$ wasted on the bike path.

This is a city in need of serious change and up-dating.
We must quit pretending to be on par with Mason or Centerville.

jmo
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 4:24pm
A Business just open one day without prior approval or of getting a business license to operate and the city know's nothing about the nature of the business ?? The person in charge of business license is not the same one that was in charge of the police property room is it ? Pinch

City council & Gilleland really like their committee's & sub-committee's don't they ? I have lived in several town's and cities and have never seen anything like Middletown.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 4:29pm
Spider, yes the stats do mean something as I have a son in Junior High and that is more important than this word game you are playing with everyone.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 4:32pm
Ms Gilleland states:

"HUD measures program success by high lease rate and low vacancy rate; by HUD standards we have a successful program."

If we cut the Section 8 Housing Voucher Program to about 400-500 vouchers, where it should be, we would be a 100% success, with 100% occupancy.  Now that is something to strive for.

I wonder what Council and the Admin's standards are for a Successful City.....it's time we start working on the City as a whole.Wink

Thomas Jefferson
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 5:19pm
Thank you Pacman!  We need more people like you!  Hold their feet to the fire!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 8:50pm
Spider I don't think you or I will be seeing anyone from this committee from what I gather watching tonights council meeting they are concentrating on the top 10 employers in town.   I am way down on the list for that one.LOL

Business Retention Committee

I am really proud of the efforts of the Business Retention Committee. Denise Hamet from our ED Department has done a great job of working with Community Leaders who gather to call on our businesses in Middletown. These visits provide valuable information on things the city can do to assist our current businesses in remaining successful and growing. We will have a presentation at Tuesday’s Council meeting by the group.

Thomas Jefferson
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 11:49pm
I have not spoken on here for a long time. I have a few things to say........

The building windows across from TVM was vandalized. The vandals were caught. 20 year olds who live in the east end. One of the parents of the kid is a doctor of some kind.

Lot of flowers being planted? By who? Tobacco Connection as done that since they moved in. So has Beau Verre & Digital Visuals. The City manages the big pots on the sidewalks. I've noticed nothing different about the Pioneer Cemetery. Clean & tidy as always. No new flowers from Armbruster that I have noticed.

Not the first time TVM's antennae has been broken in the past couple of years. Or the Ifiber connection broken.
Never heard of the mural being cut by vandals, heard it's only separating because paint doesn't agree with the glass.

Being downtown I deal with crap every day. Whether a neighboring business, vandals, trash or just panhandlers. Yes, we have panhandlers down town asking for money, not sex. What's the difference? If there's a problem I take care of it the best I can. I try to take care of my business area, but I have to deal with another business that is also located in my building. Am working on that as I write. Hope to be relocated in a couple of months. Still will be downtown, but in our own building and away from a "certain" business.

My husband is the VP of the Art Central Foundation. Yes, we all worked out butts off for the Main Street Arts & Music Festival. Who do you think cleaned up around the down town? Thanks to the City also.

How many of you returned the favor? The music was free. All you had to do was bring a lawn chair. Maybe buy a beer or a sandwich from a vendor. Kids' Area was a huge hit this year.,,non stop.

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 11:51pm
ANOTHER THING...WHY IS THIS LISTED AS OUTSIDE OF MIDDLETOWN ON THIE FORUM WHEN IT WAS DOWNTOWN MIDDLETOWN!??? I CAN'T FIGURE YOU PEOPLE OUT.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 4:50am

Subj: RE: Supplementary HUD Community Development Block Grant Fund Priorities?? 
Date: 6/2/2009 4:41:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
To: Nelsonself@aol.com, judyg@cityofmiddletown.org, amarconi@cinci.rr.com, bymyflwrs@fuse.net, davids@cityofmiddletown.org, becker_william@sbcglobal.net
CC: Robyn.L.Mcnally@pncmortgage.com, wleap@cinci.rr.com, drbronston2001@yahoo.com, jerryglover@att.net, ascherrer@siscom.net, diggerviv@juno.com, dongardner@fuse.net, gmaples@pmgloans.us, mprest@erinet.com, pastor_foster@yahoo.com, pnagy@att.net, rowens11@cinci.rr.com, billhobbs@cinci.rr.com, Trdar72349@aol.com, kwills1116@cinci.rr.com, kaldridge@coxohio.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

< ="Microsoft Word 11 ed medium" name=Generator> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

To All Concerned,

I strongly agree with Nelson in this approach to the use of these supplemental funds. If the city can get over $2.00 for every $1.00 spent for home improvements, I would think this is a very wise and prudent use of funds. If repairs are less per household, then more can be spent for others. Improving homes improves our community more than any other dollars spent. True, our roads, parks and businesses need improvements, but the quality of housing impacts a community more than any other issue. Next is the communities school system.

Please review and question any dollars spent from HUD. HUD’s focus is housing, improving the quality and safety of housing. Improving the availability of housing and helping buyers purchase housing. If Middletown helps those in need of improving our housing stock, more potential buyers will seek out our community, buy our housing, live in our community and perhaps make a difference in our town.

Sincerely,

Paul C Renwick

Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:26 PM
To: judyg@cityofmiddletown.org; amarconi@cinci.rr.com; bymyflwrs@fuse.net; davids@cityofmiddletown.org; becker_william@sbcglobal.net
Cc: Paul@PaulRenwick.com; Robyn.L.Mcnally@pncmortgage.com; wleap@cinci.rr.com; drbronston2001@yahoo.com; jerryglover@att.net; ascherrer@siscom.net; diggerviv@juno.com; dongardner@fuse.net; gmaples@pmgloans.us; mprest@erinet.com; pastor_foster@yahoo.com; pnagy@att.net; rowens11@cinci.rr.com; billhobbs@cinci.rr.com; Trdar72349@aol.com; kwills1116@cinci.rr.com; kaldridge@coxohio.com
Subject: Supplementary HUD Community Development Block Grant Fund Priorities??

Judy -

I respectfully disagree with the priorities that City staff has developed for the use of $180,000+ of supplementary CDBG Program funding that will be presented tonight to the City Council.  While it would be nice to pave several hundred lineal feet of alleys and to purchase/install playground equipment in Wards 1 and 2, you have a much higher priority.  That is, to ensure that low- to moderate-income homeowners will have access to capital to address Housing Code Violations that your staff will be issuing.

As you are well aware, large amounts of HUD funds have been lost/wasted for some time now on housing rehabilitation and purchase/rehabilitation projects.  Between funds that remain in the Housing Rehabilitation Revolving Loan Fund and a small amount of new HOME Program funds, you don't have a great deal of resources available given the large number of homeowners who will have housing code violation issues and no personal funds to deal with same.

The expanded partnership that I established with People Working Cooperatively in mid-2007 prior to your arrival is a good one.  I also take pride in working with their staff and Fifth Third Bank in initiating what has become a great working relationship with the Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati and expanded funding.

For every dollar of HUD funds that the City of Middletown makes available to PWC, an even greater amount of matching funds are leveraged from Duke Energy, FHLB - Cincinnati, etc.  Were you to revise your proposal and allocate $130,000+ in supplementary CDBG funds, 40 homeowners could receive an average of $10,000 apiece to address violations.  This would be especially helpful for the elderly, permanently disabled and the unemployed.

Please give this your utmost consideration.

My "corrected" alternative recommendation is as follows:

Historic Pioneer Cemetery Revitalization Fund $33,630

Minor Housing Rehabilitation Program (People Working Cooperatively) $130,000

The above does not include $11,000 in current CDBG funds already promised for the revitalization of the Historic Pioneer Cemetery

City staff recommendations are as follows:

Target Areas Commercial Code Enforcement Inspector (Part-Time) $25,000

Target Areas Neighborhood Alley Repaving $69,315

Target Areas Neighborhoods Playground Equipment $69,314.50

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 4:56am
"How many of you returned the favor? The music was free. All you had to do was bring a lawn chair. Maybe buy a beer or a sandwich from a vendor. Kids' Area was a huge hit this year.,,non stop."

Here we go again another one who thinks everyones world revolves around the downtown world.  What is the "Main Street Arts & Music Festival", never heard of it until some of you started in about it here.

Thomas Jefferson
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 6:09am
LESSONS IN HYPOCRISY

Having previously worked for the City of Middletown has given me a totally new perspective on the HYPOCRITICAL behavior of certain staff members and some elected officials.  Pacman, they are Chameleons!  Spider John, the citizens of our community suffer because of their elitist, all-knowing attitudes!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 7:18am
Mom- Thank you for your efforts in the downtown area. I know you and others are very passionate about your business and the asthetics in and around downtown. In offering the festival, you are providing people another choice for entertainment in town. You are to be commended. As for me, unfortunately, I have joined the thousands of citizens that have been "beaten down" over the years as to enthusiasm for community events. The Bash is a great idea from Mr. Wendel. Mr. Wood and his group are doing a great job trying to have Sunset Pool survive to offer alternatives. There is the Blues and Bikes coming up.I think we are all seeing a feeling of depression that has permeated the community caused by the lack of faith in city leaders who provide us with nothing to feel good about. IMO, when people are depressed about their future, they tend to stay at home and not fraternize with their fellow citizens. They are probably hardpressed to talk to their neighbors anymore. The city leaders ineptness has not only effected this town's operation and progression, but it has taken it's toll on the people. JMO
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 7:25am
Vet are you saying the Residents of Middletown have a "MORALE" issue and that it is declining....that the residents have no more "esprit de corps".......... hmmmmmm you may be on to something here. 

Thomas Jefferson
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

"How many of you returned the favor? The music was free. All you had to do was bring a lawn chair. Maybe buy a beer or a sandwich from a vendor. Kids' Area was a huge hit this year.,,non stop."

Here we go again another one who thinks everyones world revolves around the downtown world.  What is the "Main Street Arts & Music Festival", never heard of it until some of you started in about it here.

I believe the festival is mentioned above, well before me. I never said the world revolves around downtown. The downtown seems to be a favorite bashing topic for this site. Sorry for the eyesore. Why don't you just drive around it?

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Patton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 10:15am
LESSONS FOR THE REVITALIZATION OF DOWNTOWN MIDDLETOWN - THE OKLAHOMA CITY (BRICKTOWN)  SUCCESS STORY

Bricktown (Oklahoma City)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NOTE:  I worked for the City of Oklahoma City for almost 10 years and witnessed first-hand how local government, the business community and neighborhood residents worked together in successfully reclaiming a once decaying (and mostly vacant) warehouse district in the heart of downtown.

The Bricktown Canal

Once a major warehouse district and the original site of the city, Bricktown is a growing entertainment district in downtown Oklahoma City. It is home to the AT&T Bricktown Ballpark and the navigable Bricktown Canal.

Other attractions include the Oklahoma Land Run monument, numerous bars and dance clubs, casual and fine dining restaurants, retail shops such as Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, a Harkins movie theatre, hotels such as Residence Inn by Marriott, and live music venues, including Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill. The corporate headquarters of Sonic Drive In is also located here.

Amtrak's Heartland Flyer service to Ft. Worth departs every morning from the old Santa Fe Depot located by the west entrance to Bricktown, and returns in the evenings.

here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 10:45am
I do not post much here but I read everyday. I would just like to say that I have lived in Middletown all my life (33 years) and downtown has changed a lot not all good. But at least some people are trying to make this town what it once was. (MadisonMom)
Others just come on here and bi**h but make no effort to help. 
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 11:05am
Here&Now
I would like to downtown area to live again....however it will never happen with those that we now have in office.
MadisonMom, I drove through downtown yesterday and understand the problems that you are having.
The City has no vision for the downtown and that's why you are having these problems.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 11:16am
Mrs.Moon
I agree that those in office are AWFUL but its along time till November. I just meant that some people on this site only complain. In your case you seen that the cemetery needed work and the city was not doing it so you took matters in to your on hands. That is a great Thing, If some of the posters on here did that instead of waiting for the city to do it maybe downtown would not look like it does today. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic