FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Country has gone Mad.........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Country has gone Mad.........
    Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 9:05am

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 10:15am
Doesn't this happen all the time with both parties doing the exclusion routine on random topics? NBC and Brian Williams had their evening news originate from the White House a few days last week, didn't they? Mr. McKay could buy some air time right after the White House discussion and present their opposition to the plan. That is an option. If this was reversed, the Dems could do the same, right? Does this really surprise anyone? It is using the leverage of the office to get your messages across. Couldn't the last administration have done the same thing to promote their agendas if they had thought of it? Did the last administration , in the eight years they were in office, pay for any of their agendas announced from the White House? Can't recall- just asking.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2009 at 10:22am
I don't Vet I stopped watching the Network News Years ago.  But we don't need to be doing infomercials for any President.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2009 at 2:20am
Usually when this is done, time is provided for the "opposing party's response".  Such an event, and the response, has occured weekly on Saturdays for years.

However, this latest move by ABC is more along the lines of TVMiddletown and Middletown City Hall.  That is: they will allow the admisnistration's view ONLY, with NO opportunity for opposing views.

It is not QUITE as bad as the Middletown situation, though.  At least ABC is not operating on taxpayers' money as is TVMiddletown.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2009 at 8:33am
What is funny is the fact that federal government and the media have been sleeping together for the last decade or more. Thats nothing new. But naturally in the hands of the republicans it's new,it's big news and it must stop !! Wacko
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2009 at 3:26pm
ABC REFUSES PAID ADS OFFERING ALTERNATIVE VIEWPOINT FOR WHITE HOUSE HEALTH CARE PROGRAM
Wed Jun 17 2009 15:15:00 ET

ABC is refusing paid ads for its health care program at the White House. Thus they're refusing even a paid-for alternative viewpoint.

Conservatives for Patients Rights requested the rates to buy a 60 second network spot immediately preceding the broadcast of the Town Hall meeting.

Here is statement from Rick Scott, chairman of Conservatives for Patients Rights.

"It is unfortunate - and unusual - that ABC is refusing to accept paid advertising that would present an alternative viewpoint for the White House health care event. Health care is an issue that touches every American and all potential pieces of legislation have carried a pricetag in excess of $1 trillion of taxpayers' money. The American people deserve a healthy, robust debate on this issue and ABC's decision - as of now - to exclude even paid advertisements that present an alternative view does a disservice to the public. Our organization is more than willing to purchase ad time on ABC to present an alternative viewpoint and our hope is that ABC will reconsider having such viewpoints be part of this crucial debate for the American people. We were surprised to hear that paid advertisements would not be accepted when we inquired and we would certainly be open to purchasing time if ABC would reconsider."

Developing...

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2009 at 5:43pm
This is pure media madness. Talk about the Fairness Doctrine. Wow, looks like Pelosi has figured out a way to counter Talk Radio. Except no one who votes watches ABC and everyone who votes listens to talk radio.

ABC - the All Barack Channel
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2009 at 10:21pm
"Gone mad" is putting it mildly!!!

The national debt is presently over $11.4 TRILLION !!

This is over $108,500 per FAMILY!!!

The interest on the national debt (calculated at 5% simple interest) is over $507 Billion dollars per year!

This means that EVERY family in the USA must pay at least $5,432 in FEDERAL taxes THIS YEAR, just to pay the INTEREST on the national debt!!!

That is NOT including ONE CENT to:

Operate the federal bureaucracy.

Fund the national defense.

Make ANY Social Security payments.

Pay for ANY Medicaid or Medicare.

Provide ANY funds for ANY education.

Fund ANY transportation projects (whether roads or bridges go to “somewhere” or “nowhere”).

Fund ANY drug programs.

Fund ANY other social or welfare programs.

Provide ANY “stimulus” of any sort.

Fund ANY research of ANY kind.

“Bail out” anything or anyone!

Of course, for every family that does NOT pay at least $5,432 in FEDERAL tax this year their share must be divided amongst the actual taxpayers, commonly referred to as “the rich.”

But wait! The federal government is expected to outlay a total of $2.9 TRILLION during fiscal year 2009 (ending this September), and this adds roughly another $30,000 for every US family!!! Of course, taxes will only be raised for “the rich”, but somehow, someone must fork over at least $35,000 for each and every family in the USA, including those that pay NO federal tax or LESS THAN THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS in federal tax for this fiscal year.

Consider this: If “extra” $30K is divided ONLY among the “top 2%” of families, that means that $2.9 TRILLION must be divided amongst only 2.1 million of “the rich” who make over $250,000 per year if Obama is to keep his election promise. This equals a STAGGERING $1.381 MILLION per “rich” family!!! Quite a burden for those making only $250,000 per year!

Of course ANY portion of the $35,000 per family living in America that does NOT get paid by SOMEONE must be ADDED to the national debt, which will only WORSEN the situation for next year. And any increase of interest rates (over the 5% that I used in my calculations) will compound the problem (just as our interest burden is actually compounded, rather than the “simple interest” that I used.).

Am I wrong???? If so, can ANYONE explain how???

PS: The national debt rose over $100 MILLION just while I was researching and writing this!  My numbers are TOO LOW already!!

To see a national debt ticker, click here http://www.uwsa.com/us-national-debt.html

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2009 at 11:07pm
Actually Mike your numbers are probably off slightly. The actual amount given to the banks is over $3 trillion,not the 800 billion or so we were told. So add that 3 or 4 to your 11 and....I think I'm getting sick. Dead
(I also read where the amount given was $9 trillion) I don't really think anyone knows for sure. But I'll guaranty the debt is more than $11 trillion.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2009 at 11:22pm
Hermes:  I don't doubt what you say.  I tried to use conservative numbers in order not to be accused of exaggerating.

If you want to regurgitate immediately, look at some of the longer range projections!  Our children will be forced to pay OVER $50K per PERSON just for interest on the national debt!!! (And also cough up $50K for every person who pays NOTHING!!!)  We simply cannot sustain this.

I'm glad that I won't be around to see it.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2009 at 7:05am
Our once great county has been brought to it's knees with the weapon of GREED plain and simply.
We have sold our soul to China because we just couldn't live without the newest salad spinner that we purchased at WalMart.
Our leaders are no longer FRUGEL with our tax money. They can spend a million dollars on some silly thing and never blink an eye because we can pay for it later or after all it was FREE MONEY from the goverment.
It is time for us to step back take a look at our town, state and country and decide what is really important in our lives..cut up our credit cards..and before we purchase something decide if it's something that we want or is it something that we need. We need to change the way we think about money and credit.
History clearly states what will happen next if we do not change..NOW!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic