FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COMING AVAILABLE 84,180 SQ FT.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 2:58pm

If K-Mart is closing then so will the Sears Store at the Towne Mall.

How many jobs will we loose this time?
Yet Another nail in the coffin of the City of Middletown.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 1:26pm
Sorry Randy--I mind.
Nothing at all against you.
The less personal info disclosed here, the more safe we are.

Waiting for the foreign owners to get to Central Ave., co?
Check out the place where the 54yo was beaten to a pulp a few days ago, and you will find yer location!

Isn't this also the location that was raided for weapons, counterfiet merchandise etc?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 10:46am
Spiderjohn, If you don't  mind my asking, what business do you own ?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 10:20am
Originally posted by retired co retired co wrote:

Has anyone noticed the increase in foreign merchants in the last 2 years?t seems as if everyh time we lose a business in this town people from the middle east open another little shop ( convience store/gas station). I'm not begrudging these folks for wanting a better life
but how come we can't get Americans to open these small business establishments. Most all these folks live in Westchester I can't wait to see all their stores on Central Ave.

The federal government throws money at them thats why. It's easier for an immigrant to get a loan for 5 years than it is American born. If you watch a lot of restaraunts like in the Chicago area they only stay open for about 5 years. They make the money then return to where ever they came from.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 10:02am
Has anyone noticed the increase in foreign merchants in the last 2 years?t seems as if everyh time we lose a business in this town people from the middle east open another little shop ( convience store/gas station). I'm not begrudging these folks for wanting a better life
but how come we can't get Americans to open these small business establishments. Most all these folks live in Westchester I can't wait to see all their stores on Central Ave.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 6:42am
Maybe the Center owner will get off their ass and spruce the place up a bit with a  face lift.  See they painted the lines in the parking lot but much more than that is needed.  Thumbs%20Down.

The Retail World once again gets smaller in Middletown if KMart is leaving, but never fear we are going to turn Downtown into a Specialty Shop Mecca.   Hmmmmmmm can't support a KMart with 51K of residents but we are going to support all of the Specialty Shops rushing to Re-build the Downtown Area.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 7:55pm
Been partying with my daughter and grandchildren, pacman.
Missed that one.
Has to be KMart at that size, though I didn't think the sq.footage was that much.
Not a good thing my way.

I own my building and out to Elliot.
I wouls sell for a decent price since nothing is happening in the area or Middietown.

But---maybe I could get a better neighbor!

Hey--I lost Target(formerly Ayr Way) 25 years ago, then Square D down on S.University. I have been the only major player in that center since and still do well there.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 5:19pm

Spider as I was driving past Roosevelt & Elliott I notice a Sign in front of the KMart Center that says, "COMING AVAILABLE 84,180 SQ FT."  So what's up new construction LOL or is Kmart leaving.  Inquiring minds want to know.Question
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic