FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COMING AVAILABLE 84,180 SQ FT.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COMING AVAILABLE 84,180 SQ FT.
    Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 5:19pm

Spider as I was driving past Roosevelt & Elliott I notice a Sign in front of the KMart Center that says, "COMING AVAILABLE 84,180 SQ FT."  So what's up new construction LOL or is Kmart leaving.  Inquiring minds want to know.Question
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 7:55pm
Been partying with my daughter and grandchildren, pacman.
Missed that one.
Has to be KMart at that size, though I didn't think the sq.footage was that much.
Not a good thing my way.

I own my building and out to Elliot.
I wouls sell for a decent price since nothing is happening in the area or Middietown.

But---maybe I could get a better neighbor!

Hey--I lost Target(formerly Ayr Way) 25 years ago, then Square D down on S.University. I have been the only major player in that center since and still do well there.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 6:42am
Maybe the Center owner will get off their ass and spruce the place up a bit with a  face lift.  See they painted the lines in the parking lot but much more than that is needed.  Thumbs%20Down.

The Retail World once again gets smaller in Middletown if KMart is leaving, but never fear we are going to turn Downtown into a Specialty Shop Mecca.   Hmmmmmmm can't support a KMart with 51K of residents but we are going to support all of the Specialty Shops rushing to Re-build the Downtown Area.
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 10:02am
Has anyone noticed the increase in foreign merchants in the last 2 years?t seems as if everyh time we lose a business in this town people from the middle east open another little shop ( convience store/gas station). I'm not begrudging these folks for wanting a better life
but how come we can't get Americans to open these small business establishments. Most all these folks live in Westchester I can't wait to see all their stores on Central Ave.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 10:20am
Originally posted by retired co retired co wrote:

Has anyone noticed the increase in foreign merchants in the last 2 years?t seems as if everyh time we lose a business in this town people from the middle east open another little shop ( convience store/gas station). I'm not begrudging these folks for wanting a better life
but how come we can't get Americans to open these small business establishments. Most all these folks live in Westchester I can't wait to see all their stores on Central Ave.

The federal government throws money at them thats why. It's easier for an immigrant to get a loan for 5 years than it is American born. If you watch a lot of restaraunts like in the Chicago area they only stay open for about 5 years. They make the money then return to where ever they came from.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 10:46am
Spiderjohn, If you don't  mind my asking, what business do you own ?
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 1:26pm
Sorry Randy--I mind.
Nothing at all against you.
The less personal info disclosed here, the more safe we are.

Waiting for the foreign owners to get to Central Ave., co?
Check out the place where the 54yo was beaten to a pulp a few days ago, and you will find yer location!

Isn't this also the location that was raided for weapons, counterfiet merchandise etc?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 2:58pm

If K-Mart is closing then so will the Sears Store at the Towne Mall.

How many jobs will we loose this time?
Yet Another nail in the coffin of the City of Middletown.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 3:59pm
It would appear that Middletown's Business Retention Committee needs to refocus itself onto smaller businesses especially in the retail/service industries for Retention in Middletown, instead of concentrating on the 10 biggest employers who are most likely not leaving anytime soon.  Middletown's Retail/Service industry is being decimated and Middletown seems to be indifferent or powerless to even inquire as to why and can not even maintain what Retail/Service Businesses that they have. 

Personally enough of concentrating on the low income issues.  If we improve the city as a whole then everyone will benefit.  Concentrating so much of our time and effort on Section 8 1662 persons/families, demolishing 50 houses, HUD issues, Public Housing, Etc. is not going to ever get us out of the hole that continues to get deeper and deeper with each passing month.

Tax Revenues are not increasing and continue to decline.  Concentrating so much energy on issues which produce no new tax revenues is a loosing proposition for everyone in the City.

It is time we wake up and realize what is going on.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 4:15pm
Pacman said "Middletown seems to be indifferent or powerless to even inquire into why or maintain what they have. "

I think they are powerless. Or idealess. Or both. Haven't heard a peep or seen any effort to market our retail spaces.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 5:07pm
You hit the nail on the head again Pacman!  I appreciate your diligence in pointing out the indifference and fuzzy thinking of the elitist bureaucrats at One Donham Plaza! ClapClapClap
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 5:08pm
How many employees do we have in the Economic Development Department?
What are the current salaries of the Economic Development Department?
What are they doing for the City of
Middletown to justify these wages?
Did they offer any help to K-Mart to keep them from moving?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2009 at 9:35pm
John call the City and tell them you want to move into downtown and watch how high they jump., anywhere else in the city forget it.
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2009 at 9:26am
I'm surprised Kmart lasted as long as it did after the Walmart was built on Towne Blvd. Even before then you didn't see very many cars there. 
Looking for news or information on display technology? If so Visit the Monitor Blog
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 1:41pm
I live 5 min away from K-Mart and would rather drive 15 minutes each way than to go to that place. That's not the cities fault.
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 1:45pm
Arwendt if the City can tell you to Painnt your Gutters and threaten you with some type of legal action, and they are now inspecting businesses, I am sure if they go and look they will find dozens of violations in the front and back and parking lot.  The center needs to be rehabbed.  I just talked to some of the other tenants and they also would like to see it rehabbed.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 2:04pm
I am sorry to report that I called kamin Realty and they verified that K-Mart is indeed leaving.  That's a wonderful location and we should do all we can to bring businesses back to that location.
       Paul nagy
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 2:12pm
And how do you suggest we bring businesses to Middletown? We don't have a lot to offer at the moment. High unemployment, crime and drugs.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 3:19pm
K-Mart leaving??? Say it ain't so. Now, I'll have to drive to the Springboro K-Mart for my Martha Stewart designer paints and the prescriptions for the wife. That's an awfully large box store. Probably won't find a business willing to tackle that location. To lure anyone at all, might have to split the sq. footage up into smaller stores and rent to small fledgling businesses like a CPA, an office for a realtor, collection agency, call center, insurance agent, lab testing facility or for a small Tradin' Times type newspaper. Kind of a "many stores within a store" concept. Offer cheap rent to entice perhaps? Don't know. Not a business/marketing person.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 3:33pm
no hear & now--we already tried the booze/sex/drugs/gambling thing with BW3 and Council's/Kohler's beloved Club Roosevelt(emergency legislated through both planning commisssion and Council at Marty's insistence despite neighborhood concerns/resistance), and it didn't fly.

Kamin is tough to deal with, and they have quite a few unhappy tenants in that center. Subdivion of the K Mart location would be more headache than opportunity.

jmo
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

I am sorry to report that I called kamin Realty and they verified that K-Mart is indeed leaving.  That's a wonderful location and we should do all we can to bring businesses back to that location.
       Paul nagy

Does anyone know are they leaving the city or just closing that perticular store ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 3:56pm
Ahhh.....off the top of my head I would say they are fleeing the sinking ship.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 4:35pm
With all the money that the city has received over the last year - has anyone seen any improvement at all to the city in anyway.  There seems to be a plan of what the city manager and council want this city to be - however they are not doing one thing to fix any issue.  Demolishing homes will not create more business and jobs - which is needed very quickly in this town.  We are becoming a ghost town - I am assuming we will be ranked number one very shortly if it this continues.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 5:22pm
I too called Kamin Realty and they did not confirm or deny that k-mart is leaving. But i also called Sears Corp. office and was told that no date has been set as to when the story will close.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 5:30pm
Bobbie they are basically creating a City of Poverty, spending Millions of Federal dollars demolishing homes, trying to refrub homes that are long past there prime.  The city is not doing anything to entice middle income tax payers into this city.  It is simply throwing up more roadblocks by spending the majority of their time dealing with HUD issues, more HUD issues and trying to preserve the employees salaries that they have downtown and nothing else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic