Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, March 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whose running for Middletown Council this fall?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whose running for Middletown Council this fall?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 10:05am
Hardly are we "beating anything to death" Mr.Wood.
If the Councilmembers "running" this Conversation with Council" know nothing about the message found on the city website, then who exactly authored this piece?
Who is REALLY behind this meeting, and will it offer an open forum or just the charter review agenda?

Sgt.Schultz is obviously in  charge here.
If no one knows anything, then we are in worse shape than imagined, as denial is more  than a large river in Africa.

Worry yourself about  a SECOND ribbon-cutting for the slighted important dignitaries(who paid for the thing) who were somehow left off of the prior show(how did  that happen, Mr.park board head?). Maybe even a few kids will attend and use the facility!

How is attendance/usage running at the splash pads and Sunset?
Due to the hot weather, #s should be huge! 
MerrellWood View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerrellWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 11:02am
Pacman, Sorry for the offence. I was responding to your question and the group as a whole since this issue has gotten a lot of play recently. I just talked to Valerie at the city managers office and the rsvp was not about anything but .... if a great number of people are coming they would move the event to a larger room. Anyone can ask anything they want and it will be a wide open meeting.  Also, in the past Betsy wanted to know approxmately how many will attend for refreshments (water etc.).  I suggest those who have interest in the "conversation with council" give Armbruster  a call at 424-6368 or the manager's office at 425-7836.

As to the second ribbon cutting, I was as surprised as anyone and did not know about it.  Apparently Armbruster found out that some people did not receive timely invitations last year and he  is having a second ribbon cutting to create a opportunity to publicly thank those folks.

When I heard about it, I couldn't understand why either and spent an hour trying to find out why it was scheduled again. 

Sunset attendence has been most impressive with the hot weather. Splash pad has no way of keeping track.

Best to everyone.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 11:12am
WOW! You guys eat your own around here, don't you?? (uh,oh - I think I just laid myself on the sacrificial altar....)
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 11:41am
2000+ our Bark is worst than our BiteBig%20smile.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 11:43am
Mike>    You do not have to apologize to me. Hell if more people told it like it is and be honest it would be a better city to live in. keep up the good work Mike I respect you very much.
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 12:19pm
The same appreciation is extended to you Impala SS for your steadfast support of the return of good government here.  God bless you as you continue your treatments.  You are in the thoughts and prayers of many Middletonians!StarStarStar
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 12:31pm
Smokey >;    I have the up most respect for you also , please keep the prayers coming my way I really need them. The Dr told me he gave me 1 year to live. But I will make him eat his words, just watch and see.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 1:11pm
Gee Mike- kinda lost your temper there a little- You need to be more like me with the "cool/reserved" demeanor that I have exhibited in this forum. Oh crap, I think my nose is growing! Anybody going to take a "controversial subject" laundry list like Pacman made earlier to "discuss" with these people? If this is an "open" forum, think they will have the old three minute light routine like the citizens comments? Think these folks answering some of our questions will sit there with that dumbfounded/"what do we do" look on their face and then claim that "they're just not set up to answer our questions at this time" ala THE HONORABLE MAYOR- Lawrence Mulligan Jr. of the South Main St. Mulligans? Perhaps there will be some protection from civil disobedience in the form of the Middletown Swat Team with their air rifles (no BB"s)- too dangerous- to contain you heathenistic trouble makers???? The atmosphere will be electric as the tension builds between the Royal Family of Council/Royal City Leaders , the swat team of "Nottigham" with their BB guns and the scruffy serfs from the other side of the moat. And the court jesters also known as the Journal reporters telling us all about it based on what they are told to write by the Royalty. A magnificent scene indeed!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic