FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Censorship by the MIddletown Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Censorship by the MIddletown Journal
    Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 12:49pm
I once had an MJ blog post lifted and put in the feature editorial section, even listing my screen name.
I was not contacted prior, and if I had been, would not have given permission  since it was a somewhat personal piece about a friend who had just passed away.

When I ?ed this procedure, I was blown off with the comment, "Once you put a post on our message boards, it becomes our property".

That message board is dead like Elvis, because the MJ really doesn't want honest non-companion thinking to accentuate their total lack of dept, competance and professionalism.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 10:06am
Hell I have gotten the same thing.  Even had comments yanked, I guess they weren't liberal PC enough for the MJ.  Even had a comment or two show up in the Sound off section when I didn't call them in.
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 10:02am
  Mike I've gotten the same response  I tried to post twice with the same red letter captions.
  I had less than 500 words in my post but it apparently didn't meet the Urinals criteria.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 8:26am
Getting back to the main point, what is it with our so-called leaders in Middletown these days that they think that they have the right to conduct "pre-arranged discussions of public business" behind closed doors to decide how they will spend our money???  They then have the unmitigated gall to state that they will "ALLOW" the public to attend (as if it was THEIR option and they were doing us a "favor") and they tell us that we must "RSVP"!!!

My fellow Middletonians, it is TIME!!!  We MUST rid our city of these self-coronated royals!!!  We MUST repopulate OUR city hall and OUR school admin buildings with REAL people who believe in the "rule of law" and that neither royalty nor hereditary privileges exist in this state or nation.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2009 at 8:04am
Since late yesterday evening (Wednesday, June 24, BEFORE midnight), I have been trying to post a comment to a Middletown Journal news story with the headline:

Panel asks Miami University to delay decisions affecting regional campuses

Here (between the double-dashed lines) is the comment:

=========================================

In an earlier story last night in the E-Journal, the same reporter wrote:

"Though there are no plans for a public debate like the one that will be held on Hamilton’s campus next week, the Middletown advisory committee has..."

Once again, the Middletown illuminati has decided that only they know best how to spend our money, and that we, the great unwashed, should stand by meekly and just pay the tab. If we are good, perhaps they will "allow" us to attend a meeting, but only if we "RSVP"!

Such outrageous behavior occurs all to frequently in Middletown lately, and it must end if our fair city is to survive!

=============================================
Now the FIRST version, was slightly different, and I did not copy it.  But when I tried to post it I was "rewarded" with a message in RED LETTERS stating: "Please limit your message to 500 characters."

I promptly edited the message down to less than 500 characters, and tried again!  That time I got the message:  "You have to wait a while before posting another comment. Please try again later."

Well, I "waited a while" and tried several times, the last being right before I posted this.  Now it seems that The Journal seems that "the critics" should do more than just criticize!

Well, I say this to The Journal:

The Journal does NOT have to come here and READ our words!  If The Journal wants us to do more, perhaps The Journal should offer us a wider forum WITHOUT censorship!!!.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic