FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why the charge to enter Sebald Park

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why the charge to enter Sebald Park
    Posted: Jun 27 2009 at 6:34pm

Came back from Huston Woods today and was going to stop at Sebald Park for a few. Haven't been there in years wanted to see the park. But as I pull in the Park I see that it cost $7  for a day pass. Isn’t this Park a public Park that tax $ pay for ? If I am wrong someone please tell me.
I found this on  Middletown city’s  web site    2009 MOTOR VEHICLE PERMITS ON SALE NOW!! $7/Windshield Stickers; $10/Transferable Hangtags; $5/daily permit
Purchasing your permit is easy!! Permits are available to be purchased on-line with Mastercard or Visa; at any park location from park ranger staff; or from our Administrative Headquarters at 2051 Timberman Road in Ross Township (Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.)

Can someone please tell me Why if tax $ pay for the Park why are we having to pay to visit it ?

da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2009 at 7:33pm
It is a Metro Park and has been like this for a long time although the last time i bought a permit it was $5 for season and $2 for a day. 
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2009 at 9:09pm
Aren't Metro Parks suppose to be free? Are they not city ran ? do my tax $ not pay for that park? that is my ? I would rather just drive to Huston Woods thanpay to enter Sebald
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2009 at 9:51pm
You can find all the info here:
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 8:33am
You know public means public not a money maker.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 8:53am
All I want to know is this....Do my tax $ pay for this park? 
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 9:27am
here&now>    YES>YES>YES>  Your tax $ does pay for the park.
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Impala SS Impala SS wrote:

here&now>    YES>YES>YES>  Your tax $ does pay for the park.

ok then my next ? is why the **** do I have to pay to enter the park ?
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2009 at 2:29pm
The Metroparks budgets takes hits all of the time, the only way to keep them up is to make it pay to play. I think you even have to pay to rent the big shelters now. It stinks but otherwise the park would have to be shut down and many others. Here is the weird thing though, I have been approached by the county folk several times at Sebald and was asked if I had a pass. At VOA, also a Metropark, never been asked.

This is common, Hamilton County does the same thing with many of their parks - Whitewater, Sharon Woods, etc. all charge. State parks are usually free.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic