FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central Ave. Will Be Closed For One Week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central Ave. Will Be Closed For One Week
    Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 9:37am
For one week beginning on July 13th  A section of Central Ave will be closed for repairs.  An email sent to Dave Duritsch, Director of Public Works in Middletown to find  out what the repairs are going to be has went unanswered. There are two Road Closed signs in the area. This one is in front of Jacks Pool Hall before the railroad tracks, the other is in front of the Shamrock gas station just as you cross the tracks. It could be that the city is gonna do some much need work on the Railroad tracks. The tracks have been a problem for a long time, causing a back up at the intersection of University and Central as cars are forced to crawl over the tracks. Lets hope this is the reason for the road closing for a week.

Central%20Ave.%20Closed%20For%20One%20Week%20Starting%20July%2013,%202009%20
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 11:32am
Those tracks are awful and need fixed. I have been stuck in that intersection more than once and would gladly detour for a week to see them fixed. 
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 11:54am
They're probably preparing for OUR high speed rail service!! LOL
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 6:04pm
They are getting ready for that high speed train to come to town. They don't want the tourist and bicyclist people to go over that rough spot in the tracks.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 9:47am
So I drove over to central this morning to see the the road work being done and snap a couple of pics. But the signs were down and no work was being done. Maybe the city changed its mind. 
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 11:08am
Just a guess.  Maybe holding off until after the baloon festival?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 11:31am
That could be it, But again my emails have went unanswered 
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 12:58pm
Interesting...perhaps an email to the city manager will get a response.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2009 at 6:33pm
The Crossing are the Responsibility of the Rail Road. Middletown has little,if any say in the Matter.

R.R. trumps City always!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2009 at 9:24am
The work has started on the Central Ave. Rail Road drove by there last night and snapped a few pics. I cant wait till its done. Those tracks have needed work for a long time.

Road%20Work%20On%20Central%20Ave.%20

Road%20Work%20On%20Central%20Ave.

Road%20Work%20On%20Central%20Ave.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2009 at 5:31pm
WOOO HOO!! I just moved to Middletown and the first thing I thought was THIS IS A HORRIBLE CROSSING!!! I am also glad it is getting fixed!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2009 at 8:01pm
Viper:
Welcome to Middletown!!!

Did you move here by choice???
Are you interested in buying a nice 5 bedroom, 3 bath home???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 1:06am
Mike--Classic stuff there....I was thinking the same about my house....Any chance you know a good real estate attorney?
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 2:36pm
I moved here by choice. Wife and I were both in the military and are out. We were looking for an old victorian house to restore. There was one in Franklin but they wanted too much for it, and it needed a LOT of work. I found one down by South Main street that works for us. My wife's family is from Northern Ohio so they are close by.

I don't think Middletown is that bad really. I am from Southern California, and even the neighborhood where I grew up was 1000 times worse than Middletown could ever be!! If a lot of the trashy ppl got ousted out, things would be better and more ppl like me would move in to restore old houses. But I figure I will stick it out for awhile and see how things go :)
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 2:45pm
I forgot to add that we moved back to the states after 3 1/2 years in Germany :)
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 5:32pm
Hmm...so I guess you won't be interested in our house.

However, a sincere THANK YOU to both you and your wife for your service to our country!!! Thumbs%20Up Thumbs%20Up
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 5:57pm
viper I thought the same 6 years ago and the problems that I did see I figured the City was/would be working to make them better, not exacerbate them.  Boy was I wrong.Big%20smile
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 8:34pm
I do have some faith that things CAN get better. I think enough ppl are pissed off about it now that the city will take some notice. We can all always storm the city building and oust everyone out :)

I just hate to see any city so full of history go downhill. Before we bought the house in Middletown, we checked out some houses in dayton. I could see that some of the neighborhoods were VERY WEALTHY ones at one time.... now it is just full time ghetto, and it is very unfortunate. I don't want the same thing to happen to Middletown. My first part in at least making our little part of Middletown better is fixing up our old victorian house. I would like to get involved with some other things to help the community too.

Thanks for the kind words Mike! We do appreciate it :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic