FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Taste of Memphis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Taste of Memphis
    Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 9:17am
If you’re looking for the best Bar-BQ in town then there is only one place in town that can give you what you want. A Taste of Memphis, located on the corner of University and Shafor is Middletown's own slice of southern Bar-BQ done the way Bar-BQ was meant to be done.

View the complete story and menu here  A Taste of Memphis
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 10:28am
Isn't that on the corner of University and Shafor, by the Nelbar overpass, next to Marsh?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 10:35am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Isn't that on the corner of University and Shafor, by the Nelbar overpass, next to Marsh?
Sorry about that lol
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 11:40am
I'll check that place out for sure ! Love good BBQ !!
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

I'll check that place out for sure ! Love good BBQ !!
They really do have great food and are a friendly bunch of guys as well.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 1:25pm
I did a story last year on A Taste of Memphis

Mike Presta recommeded it, "I tried the "St. Louis style" ribs from A Taste Of Memphis Wednesday evening, and they were the best I've ever had in Ohio!  So good, in fact, that I picked up several more racks for a small get-together at our home Friday evening."

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2009 at 4:29pm
I've been there a couple of times...they are "ok"...best in town?  Do they have any competition for bbq? 

If you're ever in Oxford, try Smokin' Ox...that is good BBQ!!!
here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2009 at 8:54am
Originally posted by rngrmed rngrmed wrote:

I've been there a couple of times...they are "ok"...best in town?  Do they have any competition for bbq? 

If you're ever in Oxford, try Smokin' Ox...that is good BBQ!!!
Well if they are just "ok" as you say why go there a couple of times? And as for competition, you can always go to Applebees  and have them throw their nice precooked  frozen BBQ on the grill for you. Big%20smile
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2009 at 9:38am

That is the place, Vet. I think that they have the best bbq in town also. Nice local group of owners also. One of the excellent dining options in

"Middletown. We really DO have an excellent core of locally=owned/operated restaurants spanning all varieties
GRECIAN DELIGHT:
excellent gyros,salads and daily specials. Amazingly easy on your wallet.
STEFANO'S:
the "in"place to be seen, and food quality usually = to many upper crust venues. They offer much more than so-so pasta. Nice outdoor improvements.
56 DEGREES
a daring venture in the former downtown offering the best soups and sandwiches in town. Pasta specials nightly, the city's top wine selections and the best service in town.
MEADOWS
Don't forget this old favorite. Traditional menu of steaks and seafood. Famous for side dishes and desserts. Also the best cheeseburger in town(a well-kept secret).
RED ONION
Get there very early or after the first wave in order to avoid the wait(nowhere to wait).
Excellent salads and dressings + very good assortment  of specials. Desserts are the best in town, and the best cheesecake is here.
JAVA JOHNNY'S
Only game in town. Excellent food and desserts. Many coffee drinks
JUG
Probably the best it has been in years.
THE COTTAGE/MILTON'S/CENTRAL PASTRY
Can't go wrong at any of these
DILLMAN FOODS DELI
Best fried chicken in town, Mrs.D's macaroni salad is a must. Excellent daily hot specials.
CASSANO'S
The original and still the best.

What other favorites?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic