FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spiderjohn's Top Area Restaurants

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spiderjohn's Top Area Restaurants
    Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 1:13pm
Would you repost your "Best of" list of local restaurants and their favored dish? I meant to print it out so I could try your suggestions, but then the post got lost in all the other posts...thanks!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2009 at 3:44pm
Here they are:
"Middletown. We really DO have an excellent core of locally=owned/operated restaurants spanning all varieties GRECIAN DELIGHT:
excellent gyros,salads and daily specials. Amazingly easy on your wallet.
STEFANO'S:
the "in"place to be seen, and food quality usually = to many upper crust venues. They offer much more than so-so pasta. Nice outdoor improvements.
56 DEGREES
a daring venture in the former downtown offering the best soups and sandwiches in town. Pasta specials nightly, the city's top wine selections and the best service in town.
MEADOWS
Don't forget this old favorite. Traditional menu of steaks and seafood. Famous for side dishes and desserts. Also the best cheeseburger in town(a well-kept secret).
RED ONION
Get there very early or after the first wave in order to avoid the wait(nowhere to wait).
Excellent salads and dressings + very good assortment  of specials. Desserts are the best in town, and the best cheesecake is here.
JAVA JOHNNY'S
Only game in town. Excellent food and desserts. Many coffee drinks
JUG
Probably the best it has been in years.
THE COTTAGE/MILTON'S/CENTRAL PASTRY
Can't go wrong at any of these
DILLMAN FOODS DELI
Best fried chicken in town, Mrs.D's macaroni salad is a must. Excellent daily hot specials.
CASSANO'S
The original and still the best.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 11:17am
Thanks Mr. Beagle...
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 11:22am
Hey--didn't expect a re-print
Sorry to the wonderful places that I frequent and inadvertently left off.
Don't ferget Checkers II on Yankee Road for burgers,dogs and ice cream treats!

Thanks for the interest!
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 9:30pm
Because I am such a going-out-to-eat afficionado, I decided to try a few of Spiderjohn's picks and relate my experience.

Went to Meadows for lunch on Thursday. Ordered the cheeseburger and a reuben. If you want sides, its extra $$ (.95 for potato chips; 1.95 for about 10 fries). The pickle looks like a spear which has been halved again for my eating pleasure. The burger was okay; the bun was not toasted. The reuben was on light rye bread which looked like Marsh/Kroger/Meijer brand bread - I know these things; I shop at those places. Looked like about a tablespoon of Thousand Island dressing. When waitress finally came after being prompted by our $20 bill laying on the table, she asked how our food was. The burger-eater was polite and said it was very good. The reuben-eater spoke frankly and said "I've had better." Left a $2 tip for poor service and not-very-good food. Want to like Meadows but every time I go, I feel cheated out of my eating experience.

Saturday went to Grecian Delight. Great food! Great prices! Had 2 different versions of the gyro and seasoned fries. No table service so no tip needed. Got out of there spending $12 including grilled cheese for a child. Will definitely eat here again.

accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 10:05pm
You cannot beat Maria and the staff at Grecian Delight. On Friday's they have an excellent seafood platter for about $6.95. Their hamburger is the best in the area for $1.50 I believe. You got GD right 2000+, great food and such nice people. 
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. - Will Rogers
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 10:10pm
Grecian Delight.
Can you direct me? I can see the sign, can't place location.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2009 at 10:43pm
Hi Mad Mom - Grecian Delight is located at Cin-Day Rd & Oxford State in the mini-strip mall where Hello Gorgeous beauty salon used to be located.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2009 at 12:49pm
I'm only posting to keep this on the home page for a little while...
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2009 at 7:41pm
Mrs D's Macaroni Salad is the Best ever and get their Fried Chicken to go with it for a Picnic  yummmmmmy

smithde3 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithde3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 12:14pm
Where is the Red Onion located? My eleven year old loves cheesecake!
Thanks
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 12:19pm
Main St Monroe just before you get to the Post Office in Monroe on the left.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 12:34pm
I will add the Manchester to the list although I have not eaten there since they reopened.

Our family always thought the Burgers were EXCELLENT here and not too pricey. They are 100% Angus - always arrive hot! Hope it is still the same....

(BTW-my references to eateries is for the lunch hour, not the dinner hour...usually make my own dinners at home...)

Practically grew up on Dillman's chicken...they replaced the Henny Penny chicken we used to buy out in the country...Dillman's is most always delish! However, if you buy without pre-ordering from the deli, always check to see how long the chicken has been sitting there - I'm not big on too greasy or too dry poultry (rarely happens at Dillman's but does happen) - the ladies will let you know how soon the fresh batch will come out and you can shop while you wait...
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2009 at 3:38pm
I might get banned for this but....

In my oponion the best pizza place in the Middletown Area is:

Ron's Pizza
One S. Main Street
(on the Square)
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 8:37am
You should be banned, this is not Miamisburg.

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 8:39am
The old Ron's Pizza in Springboro was better.  As was the location in the Middletown Shopping Center.  Loved their company chips with BBQ sauce.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 8:57am
West Side Pizza out in Madison is on the top of the list of best in town for pizza
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2009 at 9:04am
Anyone remember when we had a Richards Pizza on Germantown Road years ago?
They had the best steak sandwiches.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2009 at 4:43am
I can't say enough good about Grecian Delight, EXCELLENT!
Marlayne Skeens View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlayne Skeens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2010 at 1:12pm
My husband and I ate @ China Town in the Middletown Shopping Center  ( Next to Patti's ) last Friday night. It was very good and the service was good also. We will be repeat customers Smile We will add this fine place to visit, as well as The Red Onion and Midwest Pizza Smile There are many good place to eat the same old thing and these 3 places bring more to the table than just getting a meal.
I offer Professional, Ethical Service and a Smile,
while Following The Golden Rule ~ Thank You :-)
*For ALL Your Real Estate Needs Call Marlayne with Real Living Realty Services @ 513-465-6747
Lebanonian View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lebanonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2010 at 4:01am
Coming to this late.

Another vote each for Ron's/Miamisburg (classic Dayton style thin crust tavern cut 'za with a fantastic crust... like Cassano's used to make) and for Grecian Delight.  Ron's is a great informal restaurant in general. Has a very good roast beef sandwich.

(Grecian Delight is on the northbound side of Dixie Hwy just north of Greentree Rd. and Bern's in the first shopping center on the right.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic