FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Since I never got an answer last time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Since I never got an answer last time.
    Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 10:54am
Is this committee:  "August 7        Council Housing Committee meeting, 8:00 a.m. Conference Room 2C" the same committee that is made up solely of the City Council members or is there more than one Housing committee and if so where are the Minutes to the monthly meeting that Council was suppose to be having or are they not having any meetings.

Ima B. Lever View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ima B. Lever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 12:08pm
Pacman -

At the last City Council Housing Subcommittee meeting that I was ALLOWED to attend (August 2008), those present included: Gilleland, Kohler, Schiavone, Marconi, Scott-Jones, Landen, Mulligan and Ginger Smith.

If any agendas and meeting minutes were ever prepared for this Subcommittee, I never saw any.  And, after several members of the now-defunct HUD Consolidated Planning Committee took issue with Gilleland at the July meeting regarding her unwavering desire to demolish everything in sight, their attendance was no longer desired.  A little over two months later they were toast.

The moral to this story is:  don't mess with the BOSS as she is ALWAYS right.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 12:11pm
Supposedly the City Council which makes up the Middletown Housing Authority Board was to start meeting on a monthly basis to keep on top of the Housing issues.  This was suppose to start back in April or May '09.  I have seen no meetings posted by this name nor any minutes from any meetings on the City's web site.

When Mr. Adkins was posting on here I asked him but got no answer and now it appears he may no longer be here.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ima B. Lever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 12:20pm
Question:  Who reportedly rides a bike from their home in Mason to work at One Donham Plaza??
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ima B. Lever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 12:23pm
Questions:  How many Section 8 units are there in Mason?  How many millions of HUD Neighborhood Stabilization Program dollars is Mason applying for?
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 12:48pm
They do keep minutes to the meetings - you can get them from Ms Parr at the city building.
TroyA View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TroyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 3:28pm
http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/community/news.aspx

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Ima B. Lever Ima B. Lever wrote:

Questions:  How many Section 8 units are there in Mason?  How many millions of HUD Neighborhood Stabilization Program dollars is Mason applying for?

Looking at Mason website I can't find a HUD section. Maybe mason doesn't do HUD and they send them all to Middeltown. Confused
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 6:07pm
Thanks Troy.  I wonder why a search of the site did not bring these minutes up.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 6:08pm
Troy:
Thanks for the link!!
From the minutes of these meetings, it appears that at least three of the four were "pre-arranged discussions of city business by a majority of council members"! 

In other words, they were CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Is this committee:  "August 7        Council Housing Committee meeting, 8:00 a.m. Conference Room 2C" the same committee that is made up solely of the City Council members or is there more than one Housing committee and if so where are the Minutes to the monthly meeting that Council was suppose to be having or are they not having any meetings.

It doesn't really matter if they actually meet or not, as long as they get to list it on their RESUMES!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
TroyA View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TroyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 7:14pm
Pacman,

The page was created today and  I forgot to update the search index.  Thanks for the reminder!

Troy
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 7:34pm
Thanks Troy it gave me what I was looking for and made for interesting reading.

Does anyone know if this Housing subcommittee had residents on it?  Is this the committee that everyone was basically booted off of the committee except Council members?

It appears that the Housing Authority meetings are going to be combined with the Council meetings, rather than have separate Housing Authority Meetings monthly which is what HUD recommended.

Ima B. Lever from reading these minutes you appear to be on the City's 1 most wanted list.  Gilleland is none to happy with you and made it known in these minutes.

Overall the minutes are interesting. Yet I do not understand the purpose of having a Housing SubCommittee made up solely of City Council Members and then having a Housing Authority made up solely of City Council Members, seems redundant to me, especially when Council complains about all of the meetings or gives the impression of being annoyed with all of the meetings they must attend.  Why not just have a Separate Housing Authority Meeting once a month and combine the Subcommitte and Housing Authority into one.  It would also be nice to include some business people in these meetings, but I get the impression they don't want anyone else involved in these meetings.

Once again thanks Troy I appreciate the listing on the City's site.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2009 at 9:24pm
Pacman:
Exactly!!  The only "members" listed in attendance are council members.

That is exactly why the offices are "incompatible" (illegal)!  Both the Housing Authority and the housing committee REPORT to City Council.  City Council acts as a CHECK on these committees and also appropriates any money that these committees may control or recommend.

That makes such situations a very clear CONFLICT OF INTEREST an is the very purpose of the "Incompatibility of offices" rules.  One cannot report to, or be a check on, oneself!
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 7:46am
The Housing Sub Commitee does not have any citizens on it.  At many times over the past year when citizens made comments - you could not get straight answers.  It you really want some interesting reading request the minutes from last year before all the money was received.  Citizens made comments on how money could help, and the answers that were received back from the city manager at that time.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 7:51am
So Bobbie are you saying the members of the committee that were not Council members got the heave-ho from the city or they quit the committee?
Leo Gorcey View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leo Gorcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 9:24am
Several friends and acquaintances of mine in the know told me that I can view the inside skinny about the City Manager, City Council and HUD grants on this blog.  Why don't citizens have a role in these programs anymore?  I wish to learn more.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 9:58am

To my knowledge there were never any citizens on the commitee.  It was made up of council members and employees of the city.  Citizens could come to the meetings and make comments, but were not on the committee itself.  There was at one time they did not set the date for the next months meeting and the citizens that were attending the meeting had to keep calling to find out when the next one was.  At that point it was felt that some individuals did not want the public there to make any comments.  There were several questions brought about demolition, what wards were most effected and what would happen to the vacant properties after the house was gone - they would not at that time admit they had a list, nor would they say what they would do with the vacant land.  It was also mentioned several times that why would the city want to rehab homes and sell them.  That it would hurt the other homes in the neighborhood because they would be sold under value. 

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 10:07am
Thanks Bobbie I think I am confusing the Housing SubCommittee with the Committtee that was put together to review the Section 8 proposals from the different companies. 
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 10:14am

The housing sub committee had at one time asked the Consolidated Committee (CDBG committee) to review the proposals.  When it came out that this committee was not agreeing with what the city manager was wanting she brought about her own committee and asked for 3 members of the Consolidated committee to sit on her committee to review the proposals.  She would only allow 3 because she would then have the majority of votes on what she wanted.  That committee at that time presented their proposal to the entire counsel.  But it was not the Housing Sub Committee that actually decided reviewed the proposals.

That is some of the items that would appear in the minutes from last years Housing sub committee meetings.
Leo Gorcey View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leo Gorcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 11:52am
I get the impression that city hall gives us a lot of sanitized news?
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Leo Gorcey Leo Gorcey wrote:

I get the impression that city hall gives us a lot of sanitized news?

Leo, It's not sanitized news. What they give out is nothing but bull crapping lies.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic