FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here lies the Problem with ObamaCare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2009 at 11:02am
Of course you are going to have a double digit jump when you poll more than twice as many Democrats as you do Republicans.  Makes you just shake you head at Politics and the News.

September 10, 2009
Posted: September 10th, 2009 10:51 AM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Two out of three Americans who watched President Barack Obama's health care reform speech Wednesday night favor his health care plans — a 14-point gain among speech-watchers, according to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation national poll of people who tuned into Obama's address Wednesday night to a joint session of Congress.

Sixty-seven percent of people questioned in the survey say the support Obama's health care reform proposals that the president outlined in his address, with 29 percent opposed. Those figures are almost identical to a poll conducted immediately after Bill Clinton's health care speech before Congress in September, 1993.

The audience for the speech appears to be more Democratic than the U.S. population as a whole. Because of this, the results may favor Obama simply because more Democrats than Republicans tune into the speech. The poll surveyed the opinions of people who watched Wednesday night's speech, and does not reflect the views of all Americans.

(Full results after the jump)

About one in seven people who watched the speech changed their minds on Obama's health care plan. "Going into the speech, a bare majority of his audience — 53 percent — favored his proposals. Immediately after the speech, that figure rose to 67 percent," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "But the real question is whether those conversions will last. Bill Clinton got similar numbers after his 1993 address to Congress, but five months later a majority of the country no longer supported his plan."

Fifty-six percent of people questioned say they had a very positive reaction to the speech, with 21 percent indicating they had a somewhat positive reaction and a equal amount suggesting they had a negative reaction. The 56 percent who said they had a very positive reaction is lower than the 68 percent of speech watchers who had a similar reaction to the president's first address to a joint session of Congress in February.

More than seven in ten say that Obama clearly stated his goals, with one in four saying he didn't express his goals clearly.

Three out of four say it's very or somewhat likely that the president will pass most of his proposals on health care reform through Congress, with one in four saying it's unlikely.

Seven in 10 say that Obama's policies will move the country in the right direction, up 10 points from before the speech.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted just before and just after the president's speech, with 427 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 5 percentage points.

The sample of speech-watchers in this poll was 45 percent Democratic and 18 percent Republican. Our best estimate of the number of Democrats in the voting age population as a whole indicates that the sample is about 8-10 points more Democratic than the population as a whole.

2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2009 at 9:47pm
Pacman, Any rationale will do. Why is it so necessary to challange almost every point made by the other side. Balance is found in both views. I thought this blog was about the expression of a variety of viewpoints that encouraged rational conversation, not manifesto's directed at those who somehow miss the point of the lession of the day.

I was looking at the membership list the other day, and I noticed the large number of folks who are members compared to the small number who actually join in the conversation. From what I could see there are about 15 to 20 regular's and the rest  check in from time to time to make short comment.  Sorry, but not enough objective opinions to make this blog relevant. It's been a hoot, but I can find the same partisan dialogue in the bar at Wildwood.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2009 at 10:06pm
2000+ these posts span over a months time.  I am not, I repeat not a believer in the Obama policies and have no desire or intention of trying to justify something I do not believe in and think is bad for this country.  Now Obama won the Presidency I would think that there are more than enough people who can defend what Obama is trying to do with Health Care, it won't be me.

Not my fault no one else posts in favor of Obamas Health care plan, including you, if you believe in it?

My best advice to you is head on over to Wildwood if that suits you and after awhile it will all blur together for you. 
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 8:10am
I look at what Pacman has done here as a Public Service Announce on the fallacies of the Obama Health Care Policy.  I particularly like the Czars Gone Wild Heading which makes for interesting reading.  It is like the Pacman Report of Middletown.LOL  Thank you Pac.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 7:51am
September 24, 2009
Categories: 
Senate

Flout the mandate penalty? Face the IRS

Americans who fail to pay the penalty for not buying insurance would face legal action from the Internal Revenue Service, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation.

The remarks Thursday from the committee's chief of staff, Thomas Barthold, seems to further weaken President Barack Obama's contention last week that the individual mandate penalty, which could go as high as $1,900, is not a tax increase.

Under questioning from Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.), Barthold said the IRS would "take you to court and undertake normal collection proceedings."

Ensign pursued the line of questioning because he said a lot of Americans don't believe the Constitution allows the government to mandate the purchase of insurance.

"We could be subjecting those very people who conscientiously, because they believe in the U.S. Constitution, we could be subjecting them to fines or the interpretation of a judge, all the way up to imprisonment," Ensign said. "That seems to me to be a problem."

Ensign's argument , however, wasn't persuasive to the committee -- which rejected an amendment from Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.) to eliminate the individual mandate.

Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) was the only Republican to vote with Democrats to preserve the mandate.

September 25, 2009
Categories: Senate

Ensign receives handwritten confirmation

This doesn't happen often enough.

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance.

Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

The note was a follow-up to Ensign's questioning at the markup.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 8:43am
Send me to jail for refusing to buy a government mandated health insurance policy???

Well, first, that's STUPID!!!  Then they would not only have to pay for my health care, but also have to feed and cloth me.

Second, if they actually enforce this uniformly, they are going to need a lot more prisons.

Finally, they might be able to do get me to prison...right after the fight!!!

The way things seem to be going, I certainly hope that the military stands on the side of THE PEOPLE!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 11:15am
Knock off all the cut and paste, Pacman !  It is like a spoiled child who wants to dominate the Scene. Just think, if you are able, what the site would look like if some Obama fan were to match you c.p. for c.p. The site would then be useless for everyone else.

Good God, is it all about You?
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 11:39am
Mommy Dearest, aka irisner, the name is Wasteful and if you don't want to read the truth then move along like a good little boy.  I could careless if you want to create a heading and post about what you perceive as Obama's achievements, knock yourself out.  You are like all bully's in this world can't stand it when someone doesn't bow down to your rants and demands.

Obama tends to do one thing well, he sticks to the top 5 or 6 crowd pleasing points in all of his speeches about ObamaCare, but in reality it is what is contained in the the rest of the 1000+ page bill that shpuld scare the crap out of everyone.

You know Irisner Obama shouldn't lie though.  When he says to the public, "if you like the insurance you have now, you won't have to change."  Tell that one to the 11,000,000 Seniors in Medicare Advantage, which Obama wants to do away with and force all of them into Medicare with no advantage.

Run along little boy you have shown your ignorance and how little you can contribute to this conversation for today.LOL
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 1:58pm
I'd like to see how the IRS or  Washington itself will collect fine payments from the poor if they decide not to accept the 'mark of the beast". Does anyone actually believe that Obama or any politician cares whether you have insurance or not ?? If you do your more naive than you should be. This is not about your health plan. It's the same plan that was forced on us when they mandated automobile insurance. Nothing more. The insurance companies lobbied for this crap for years to make every citizen participate so they could make money. Pay into a plan that will not pay you is the name of the game. Deny those medical test,deny that surgery,deny,deny,deny. But the money keeps rolling in and never goes back out. This is Corporate America , not just America.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

Mommy Dearest, aka irisner, the name is Wasteful and if you don't want to read the truth then move along like a good little boy.  I could careless if you want to create a heading and post about what you perceive as Obama's achievements, knock yourself out.  You are like all bully's in this world can't stand it when someone doesn't bow down to your rants and demands.

Obama tends to do one thing well, he sticks to the top 5 or 6 crowd pleasing points in all of his speeches about ObamaCare, but in reality it is what is contained in the the rest of the 1000+ page bill that shpuld scare the crap out of everyone.

You know Irisner Obama shouldn't lie though.  When he says to the public, "if you like the insurance you have now, you won't have to change."  Tell that one to the 11,000,000 Seniors in Medicare Advantage, which Obama wants to do away with and force all of them into Medicare with no advantage.

Run along little boy you have shown your ignorance and how little you can contribute to this conversation for today.LOL

As usual, people like yourself "Rant and Rave" about things you do not know anything about.

Find me one post where I have shown any support for Mr Obama. Can you? No, of course not. I am NOT an O'bama supporter!.  My "ranting" is about stupidity and useless Cut and Paste and bad info. Any idiot under the Sun can search the internet and find an article for c&p supporting whatever their position is on something. I only ask that posters use their own minds to create their own posting material.

It is clear to me that there are many Forum posters thru out the Internet, you in particular are an example, who care nothing for facts or discussion and only want to "Rant and Rave"and pick at those that don't share you perverted views.

Can't contribute? Certainly not at your asinine level!
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 8:00pm
I think there are a lot of flaws with "ObamaCare", but if you think the AMA is innocent you are jumping on the wrong band wagon.  And guess what, health insurance companies already decide what treatments you can and can not have.  As a nurse that works in an ICU, I am tired of taking care of patients that refuse to take their medications or follow their treatment plans, become unresponsive and come in to the ER and ICU's for help.  These patients routinely do not have insurance are crude and expect the staff to kiss their asses.  And the hospital eats the cost.  I think facilities/medical staff should be able to refuse these people medical treatment.  Do I get to go in to a store, be an ass, take a bunch of items, not pay and continually go back?

I am not saying don't treat the young man with CP.  But should we do open heart surgery on a patient with terminal cancer? I have seen it done.  And the outcome was not good.  And not just on one occassion either.  This is a pretty regular occurence because the family wants it done. 
As of right now for any of you people you with DNR orders.  Did you know your family can override those once it has been determined you can not make decisions for yourself?  I have seen that time after time. 
I think the Government should step up and make some restrictions on who gets what. 
This is not a easy fix and will not be fixed over night.  There will be a lot of bad ideas tossed around. 
But I am glad that Obama has the balls to step up and try to fix this problem. Instead of letting the problem go on. 
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 8:26pm
Irisner what an ass.

The above posts I C & P'ed came from Politico.com a very credible website and a website I doubt many people here including yourself read.  It doesn't matter  to me whether you like it or not.  I also could careless if you like Obama's Health Care Plan or not.  Whether you like my posts or not doesn't matter either.

People like you that can't stand not being in control and are insignificant.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 8:31pm
MgrMed sounds like to me you should be working in the UK National Health Service.  Personally I don't think the Government should be playing God. 

So you think when Obama basically dumps 40-50 million new insured patients into the health care system with no increase in Drs. or Hospitals, etc., you are going to have it any better.  I think you better think it over again.  You should probably retire now or find another line of work.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 9:41pm
Then who gets to play God?  Are you saying we should just let a patient lie there in bed, completely unresponsive, no cough reflex, no eye movement? What are role do you think we are playing when we do open heart surgery to save someone's life?  When we use medicine to help a family conceive a child when previously they were physically unable to?  Is that not a form of playing God? 

Do I think things are going to get better because 40 or 50 million more people have Government sponsored insurance?  NO!  But do believe there should be some affordable option made to those 40-50 million people. Some sort of reasonable healthcare.  Maybe some sort of piece together plan with benefits that they need and can afford. 

This country already has how many people that qualify for Government assistance?  How many senior citizens that receive medicare?  Maybe we should take that away from them?
Maybe you don't have a problem bringing in some drug dealer to the ER that just swallowed a bunch of crack so he doesn't get arrested with it and spending hundred of thousands of dollars to save his life, but I do! 

Do I have a problem paying for some innocent person that got shot in a drive by?  NO! An 80-90 year old person that is otherwise healthy and needs open heart surgery? NO!
But the people that continually abuse the system?  yes.
Should there be a mandated Government insurance plan? Not hardly. 
I think people should be able to go to whichever insurance provider they want.  But many insurance companies don't cover preventative medicine.  What a waste.  Remember the once of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 
Hell, my wife and I pay almost $400/month  for her, a 2 year old and I.  And we work in healthcare.  And there are things my insurance doesn't cover.  I either have to carry what work offers or pay more with no added benefits because Insurance companies doesn't have to offer those options in the State of Ohio.  Maybe there should be some sort of Federal guidelines as to what is offered or have people be able to pick and choose.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2009 at 9:09am
mgrmed I think you know very well what I am talking about when I say "The Government should not be playing God."

I am not talking about Fertility drugs or treatments to have children.  I am talking about treatments which involve the denial of service to patients in dire need to sustain their lives, because people like you feel it is not financially worth performing the needed medical treatment on them.  Like I said if you want to practice this type of medicine then move on over to the UK.

"How many senior citizens that receive Medicare?  Maybe we should take that away from them?"  You lost me on this one as to why you would even want to do or suggest this.

"An 80-90 year old person that is otherwise healthy and needs open heart surgery? NO!"

So by your thinking, a 60 yr old man with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma who has a heart attack should just be allowed to die, rather than have the surgery to repair his heart and possibly live another 5-10+ years with cancer.

Oh and what about people who suffer traumatic brain injuries do we just write them off also because they now cost us money and can no longer contribute to society  in a fashion the government deems worthy and productive?   Are we going to allow soldiers at war who suffer these injuries to just die and be done with them?

Then we have childhood diseases like diabetes mellitus do we let these children go 50-60+ years of living their lives doing what they have to, to live a good life and then when they begin to suffer the affects of Diabetes, heart failure, kidney disease, circulation problems, diabetic retinopathy, do we just write them off also?  Do we just let children die when they are born with serious diseases because of the monetary costs to take care of them?  Would you advocate allowing your 2 yr old daughter to die if she had been born with some horrible disease, I doubt it.

As far as drug dealers and swallowing crack, unfortunately you must treat these people even though many of us myself included don't think so. 

You are not alone in your health care costs.  My family also pays $400.00 per month for the 3 of us and we have choices that are limited by the employer also.  Preventative care is not covered by our insurance either and we will end up paying $50-100.00 for flu shots this year, etc.

I agree that the insurance industry needs to be reformed, but decisions that concern my families heath care and what services they need are mine and my families to make.  If you start denying services under your criteria you do nothing but give insurance companies another reason to deny services thus cutting costs and people will die who may not have to.

What Insurance Company's should be forced to do:

We need to have more choices by allowing insurance companies to sell across state lines.

there should be no pre-existing condition health clause in policies.

preventative care should be available.

there should be no limit on the dollar figure on each policy.

out of pocket expenses need to be reined in.

tort reform is needed for doctors and medical facilities.

you can't be dropped from a policy just because you become ill.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2009 at 10:02am
rngrmed - Who or what hospital you working for ? Your getting screwed on your insurance IF your working for a hospital.

I have to agree with wasteful, not much of what your saying makes sense. My wife is a nurse and I personally know several doctors and nurses and none have taken the stance that you have. You sound scary my friend. If I might make a suggestion,get out of the healthcare field and find another career.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 10:13pm

Liberals seek health-care access for illegals

Fearful that they're losing ground on immigration and health care, a group of House Democrats is pushing back and arguing that any health care bill should extend to all legal immigrants and allow illegal immigrants some access.

The Democrats, trying to stiffen their party's spines on the contentious issue, say it's unfair to bar illegal immigrants from paying their own way in a government-sponsored exchange. Legal immigrants, they say, regardless of how long they've been in the United States, should be able to get government-subsidized health care if they meet the other eligibility requirements.

"Legal permanent residents should be able to purchase their plans, and they should also be eligible for subsidies if they need it. Undocumented, if they can afford it, should be able to buy their own private plans. It keeps them out of the emergency room," said Rep. Michael M. Honda, California Democrat and chairman of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus.

Mr. Honda was joined by more than 20 of his colleagues in two letters laying out the demands.

Coverage for immigrants is one of the thorniest issues in the health care debate, and one many Democratic leaders would like to avoid. But immigrant rights groups and the Democrats who sent the letters say they have to take a stand now.

President Obama has said he does not want health care proposals to cover illegal immigrants. The bill drawn up by Sen. Max Baucus, Montana Democrat and chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, excludes illegal immigrants from his proposed health care exchange.

Mr. Honda and his allies, though, say illegal immigrants should be allowed to pay for insurance if they can afford it, even if it comes through a government-established exchange. As a generally young, healthy part of the population, illegal immigrants could help reduce overall costs for those who buy into health exchange plans, the lawmakers said.

The Democrats' letters, however, do not issue ultimatums or threaten to withhold support for the bills if their requests aren't met.

The National Council of La Raza launched its own "flood their voice mail" campaign last week to put pressure on Mr. Baucus to expand coverage in his proposal to include all legal immigrants and to drop verification language in the legislation that would prevent illegal immigrants from obtaining coverage.

Mr. Honda told The Washington Times that he's not pushing for illegal immigrants to gain access to taxpayer-subsidized benefits. "That's an argument that's been done already," he said.

Rep. Steve King, Iowa Republican, said proposals that include government coverage for illegal immigrants leave him incredulous.

"If anybody can, with a straight face, advocate that we should provide health insurance for people who broke into our country, broke our law and for the most part are criminals, I don't know where they ever would draw the line," he said.

Mr. King, who opposes Democrats' health care plans in general, said illegal immigrant access in legislation "would be a poison pill that would cause health care to go down" to defeat.

Twenty-nine Democrats signed on to the letter on legal immigrants, while 21 signed the letter on covering illegal immigrants. Although the leadership of the Congressional Black Caucus signed the legal-immigrant letter in their capacity as CBC officials, they signed the other letter as individual members of Congress.

Under the 1996 welfare law overhaul, Congress restricted most federal benefits to longtime holders of green cards - those who have been in the country at least five years.

But Democrats chipped away at that rule when they reauthorized the State Children's Health Insurance Program earlier this year and allowed states to cover all immigrant children and pregnant women, regardless of how long they've been in the country.

In their letter, the Democrats said health care costs are much lower for legal immigrants than for native citizens.

"Immigrants are part of our families, our communities, our economy, and contribute to the fabric of America," they wrote. "It is simply wrong that their taxes would pay for public health insurance programs to which they are not allowed access."

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 12:58pm
Good post there wasteful.

But I wonder if there isn't a hidden agenda behind providing illegal immagrants with healthcare. If they are illegal and go for medical care wouldn't that reveal they are illegal and thus be deported or at least detained ??
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 1:35pm

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 4:05pm

Thanks for posting that video wasteful first time I've seen that.

There is just something very fishey about this national healthcare plan. And I liked the way Congresswoman Jackson just danced her way through Gretas' question about being illegal and going to jail. Her answer didn't even relate to the question.

Someone should ask the millionaire congresswoman how many illegal immigrants work for her. I think it has more to do with the wealthy wanting cheap labor more than anything else. Nothing about it makes sense.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2009 at 1:00am
Yes I work in a hospital.  I'm not sure how to respond to other statements.  Maybe I miscommunicated my the point I was trying to make.  But I do know many that agree with me as well.  Physicians and nurses as well. 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2009 at 8:44am
Originally posted by rngrmed rngrmed wrote:

Yes I work in a hospital.  I'm not sure how to respond to other statements.  Maybe I miscommunicated my the point I was trying to make.  But I do know many that agree with me as well.  Physicians and nurses as well. 

rngrmed - You have to kind of overlook me,I can be very abrasive and opinionated.

Everyone has a different outlook on whats happening to our healthcare system and the biggest problem with any of it is the friggin politicians. Obama had my support in the beginning of his term but with his plan for healthcare he is making me very afraid.

rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2009 at 12:26pm
Hermes--I don't agree with his plan either...I just think it takes a lot of balls to try to tackle such a huge problem and piss off both parties.  To me it sounds like they are just throwing a plan together to make change.  Good or bad.  I think the current plan is bad. 
You're also entitled to your opinion. 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2009 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by rngrmed rngrmed wrote:

Hermes--I don't agree with his plan either...I just think it takes a lot of balls to try to tackle such a huge problem and piss off both parties.  To me it sounds like they are just throwing a plan together to make change.  Good or bad.  I think the current plan is bad. 
You're also entitled to your opinion. 

I can understand Washington reigning in healthcare cost (what it cost us out of pocket) putting some controls on it or something. I think everyone would agree that cost is a major issue. But what Obama and congress want to do doesn't make sense.

All I know is it is a very scarey time in America and things are only getting worse.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2009 at 2:33am

Senators turn back ID requirement for immigrant healthcare

By Jeffrey Young - 09/30/09 01:03 PM ET

Senate Finance Committee Democrats rejected a proposed a requirement that immigrants prove their identity with photo identification when signing up for federal healthcare programs.

Finance Committee ranking member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said that current law and the healthcare bill under consideration are too lax and leave the door open to illegal immigrants defrauding the government using false or stolen identities to obtain benefits.

Grassley's amendment was beaten back 10-13 on a party-line vote.

The bill, authored by committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.), would require applicants to verify their names, places of birth and Social Security numbers. In addition, legal immigrants would have to wait five years, as under current law, after obtaining citizenship or legal residency to access federal healthcare benefits such as Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program or receive tax credits or purchase insurance through the exchange created by the legislation.

But the would not require them to show a photo ID, such as a drivers license. Without that requirement, the bill "remains dearly lacking when it comes to identification," Grassley said. "Frankly, I'm very perplexed as to why anyone would oppose this amendment," he said.

But Democratic Sen. Jeff Bingaman, who represents the border state of New Mexico, said that the type of fraud Grassley said he wants to prevent is highly uncommon. "The way I see the amendment, it's a solution without a problem," Bingaman said.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic