FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jim Cramer still wants to own AKS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jim Cramer still wants to own AKS
    Posted: Sep 26 2007 at 4:09pm
Said Jim Cramer,

AK Steel (AKS - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating): "When you look at the weak dollar, let me tell you something: I think that a Posco (PKX - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) from South Korea or an Arcelor (MT - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) could snatch this company up at $60 bucks, and it'd still make sense. I want to own AK Steel. I want to own it."

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 9:03am
That makes two of us. Thumbs%20Up
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 9:23am

That's nice that he thinks AK is that solid, as that means the company and its employees have a future.

But the sad thing here is that he starts his statement with "When you look at the weak dollar".

In a few years the weak dollar will make our current problems seem like the good old days.

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 11:16am
I think the weak dollar helps us sell products made from US made steel overseas. I think a continuing weak dollar is good for the US. I encourage our administration to continue that policy.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

Rhino54004 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino54004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2007 at 1:02am
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

I think the weak dollar helps us sell products made from US made steel overseas. I think a continuing weak dollar is good for the US. I encourage our administration to continue that policy.

Some say there is a threat that other countries will dump our weak dollar, you don't think that's something to be concerned about?
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 12:40pm
Yes, I am concerned that OPEC will switch to the euro. This could cause oil to increase in cost in the US, since it will take more dollars to buy a barrel after the exchange rate.

This is a consequence I had not consided previously. But I am concerned now.

Why do our presidential candidates not make the weak dollar an issue?
What is more important than this to our economy?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Rhino54004 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino54004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2007 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

Why do our presidential candidates not make the weak dollar an issue?

I think the only one who has made it an issue is Republican Ron Paul.

arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2007 at 1:51pm

Not to get to far off the AKS topic but in my opinion the economy, including the energy problems, the weakening dollar, the trade deficit, the budget deficit, the credit crisis, and the continued move of manufacturing jobs to offshore venues, should all be looked at as a national emergency, if not a threat to our national security, by all the candidates.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic