FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Ford and Jones ratify the petion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Virtus View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virtus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will Ford and Jones ratify the petion?
    Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 11:22pm
When the petion votes are verified and counted I wonder if the 2 ladies on council will deny the citizens of Middletown their constitutioinal right to bring this vote to the November ballot?  Sounds like they are going to be racking up legal bills for the city if they don't comply with the rights of the petioners.  Will they hold out for their own opinions or carry out the rights of the people?  This will be a good test of a candidate!

Virtus - Holding out hope for Middletown.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 7:08am
Mr. Jeff, Why don't you ask them yourself? It would be a good test of a candidate.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 7:13am
If they vote no and the other 5 vote yes it is immaterial what Ford anmd Scott-Jones do.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 8:07am
The more they make a big stink about this the more I think it may just pass, as they are making it a Ward 2 issue rather than a Citywide issue and this may not sit well with many.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 8:17am

EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! has been the cry of our City Manager for some time now as she rams through her agenda.

I will give Ms Scott-Jones and Mr Marconi 10 points each for saying enough is enough with all this emergency legistration which Ms Judy didn’t seem to care for.

I will give Ms Scott-Jones and Mr Marconi another 10 points each for putting a stop to the proposed $74,000 study of the Manchester & I-75 interchange. (Hmmm….MMF wants this new entrance to Middletown so I’m sure this will return to City Council on another day for a vote)
   A
minus 10 points for the comment from David Schiavone, that the new rail system coming to Middletown would reduce traffic on I-75 and bring big things to Middletown was over the top for me. Does he really believe this railroad fairy tale?
   KEEP THE WARD SYSTEM

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 8:29am
Yeah Schiavone's comment that rail is going to take off is over the top in my opinion.  Good thing he is leaving.  People are to tied to their cars.

As far as the Manchester Exit goes, why the hell would this be an emergency, that made absolutely no sense. 

What I find funny is that they spent $500k last meeting on the Bike path and with almost zero conversation about it.  They spent funds on a Bike Path that could have been used on items that we as citizens are going to eventually have to pay out of our pockets in the form of taxes to replace or repair.  Yet the I-75 exit they get all excited about $74K.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 8:41am
Wasteful
I need to correct you..at the last two council meetings the City OK'd ONE MILLION DOLLARS for the two parts of the bike path that needed to be completed and both were EMERGENCY VOTES!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 8:43am
I know Vivian, but the first $500k was a mixture of Grants etc. that were made specifically for the Bike Path.  The second $500k could have been used for other energy related projects.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 10:39am
I don't mean to be rude, but why are you folks talking about the bike path and the Manchester road issue. These are issues that a few stay at home bloggers don't and never will have any influence on. The real issue here are the agenda's of the candidates for council. You should be doing nothing  BUT  talking and taking action to elect those candidates that represent your's and other's interests that are not those of the status quo! 
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 10:51am
Gee 2000+ last time I looked this was america and we have freedom of speech.......hmmmm maybe not for long at the rate Obama is going but for know we do. Lighten up.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 11:19am

Oh come on wasteful, no one is challanging anyones freedom of speach????? My remarks were framed with; "I don't mean to be rude" ????  What is the world are you talking about?

alldaywatching View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alldaywatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 11:30am
Originally posted by 2000+ 2000+ wrote:

Oh come on wasteful, no one is challanging anyones freedom of speach????? My remarks were framed with; "I don't mean to be rude" ????  What is the world are you talking about?

I can tell you why people are talking about theses issues. Because they make no sense and it is a waste of money. As would be the I-75 Manchester Road interchange. We are tired of watching are money just go to the stupid things that council want instead of thinking about fixing the things that need fixed. No way does Middletown need a bike path, not now!! how about a path out of town for some council members, I would be on board with that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic