FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CITY TO DECLARE MIDDLETOWN A SLUM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CITY TO DECLARE MIDDLETOWN A SLUM
    Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:07am

We need a meeting ASAP!

Tonight at the council meeting Mr. Adkins will be unveiling his new HUD plan for the City of Middletown that will forever change the way HUD funds can be used in Middletown. Because of all the HUD - Section 8 housing the income level of Middletown is now 54% low to moderate and therefore the Council can now declare the entire City of Middletown as a
“SLUM AND BLIGHTED AREA”. If the entire City of Middletown is declared a “SLUM” then all HUD Money will not be restricted to designated areas as before. (Wards 1 & 2) Now ALL the HUD FUNDS can be used anyplace in the City that Council desires without any controls what so ever.
    We the people will have no voice as to where we want these funds to be used.
    I spoke with Anita Scott Jones last night and she confirmed that this is the new plan for Middletown.

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:15am
Can City Council and the City employees be sued for further destroying our home values by doing this?
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:22am

Ordinance No O2009-79, an ordinance authorizing a substantial amendment to the 2009 CDBG

Annual Action Plan (1st Reading). October 6, 2009 – 2nd Reading

ORDINANCE NO. O2009-79

AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING A SUBSTANTIAL AMENDMENT TO THE 2009 CDBG

ANNUAL ACTION PLAN.

WHEREAS, the City of Middletown receives funding through the CDBG Program; and

WHEREAS, the City is proposing changes to enhance the use of CDBG funds in the

City, including a) expanding the area eligible for CDBG projects to include the entire City; b)

changing the name of the Community Housing Improvements Program to Volunteer

Improvements Program; c) increasing the budget for code enforcement; d) exchanging some

activities to different program accounts; e) recovering costs related to property disposition; f)

cancelling some 2008 activities; and g) moving funds from demolition to code enforcement;

and

WHEREAS, this Substantial Amendment has been available for public comment in

accordance with HUD requirements;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED, by the City Council of the City of

Middletown, Butler/Warren Counties, Ohio that:

Section 1

City Council hereby authorizes the CDBG Substantial Amendment to the 2009 Annual

Action Plan and further authorizes the City Manager to execute all necessary documents

including applications, certifications, and agreements, to accept and receive the funds under

this program.

Section 2

This ordinance shall take effect and be in force on and after the earliest period

allowed by law.

Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr., Mayor

1st Reading: September 1, 2009

2nd Reading: October 6, 2009

Adopted:_____________________________

Effective:_____________________________

Attest: _______________________________

Clerk of City Council

ps h/

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:25am

CITIZENS OF MIDDLETOWN
IT IS TIME TO MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD
IT IS TIME TO MARCH ON CITY HALL!

You need to attend the Council Meeting tonight at
5:30

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:29am
Funny the Middletown Journal did not deem this issue important enough to report on it ahead of time.  Seems that this is a done deal and citizens will have no input at all with this short notice of the 1st reading.  The income is so low in Middletown due to the actions of the City leaders over the last 10 years what did they expect with the amount of Public Housing and Section 8 they have saddled the city with.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:32am
Vivian- And Scott-Jones is ok with this plan? If this is factual, what person who is living here would want to see this happen to this town? I don't understand how anyone would want to intentionally drag a city under by saturating a town with low income Section 8 clientele. What is the matter with the people on Council and in the city building? What is the matter with Adkins in proposing something as destructive to the city as this plan? It appears they are willing to take the city to slumville to receive federal funds to support low income. They all need to go NOW! ...Council and the majority of the leaders in the city building.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:47am

Vet
This plan has NOTHING  to do with the “Poor Folks”…far from it.
This has everything to do with Power and Money.
With this action they can pour millions more into their “New Designs of Downtown and Towne Mall…that just happen to be completed. They can purchase any property and restore anything they want with this money and you will have NO VOICE in the matter.  

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:50am
Apparently, the Journal DID publish something in the small print way in the back!!!

According to the staff report, "The 30 day comment period was from July 31, 2009 to August 30, 2009."!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:52am
They can also do lots of "restoration" in the NEW "Historic district"!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:56am

When I "opposed" the original revision of the revised CDBG plan, I did so because street repair and paving was an allowable use and NONE was included!!!  I was told that they had to "Stick with the original plan."

Now they are "amending" it!!!!  We should insist that street repairs be included in the AMENDED revision to the revised original plan!!!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 7:56am
Apparently, the Journal DID publish something in the small print way in the back!!!
According to the staff report, "The 30 day comment period was from July 31, 2009 to August 30, 2009."!!!

Gee, Mike that was really big of them. Was it in 8 point type?

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 8:01am

When I "opposed" the original revision of the revised CDBG plan, I did so because street repair and paving was an allowable use and NONE was included!!!  I was told that they had to "Stick with the original plan."

Now they are "amending" it!!!!  We should insist that street repairs be included in the AMENDED revision to the revised original plan!!!

Mike, I’m sure it will include street repairs…and as you would say…HOWEVER…it will ONLY be in their newly restored areas of the City.

Iliveheretoo View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliveheretoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 8:17am
Does anyone from this site plan on attending tonight's meeting? I think it time for the people of Middletown to take back there city. I am all for sites like this one, free speech is a great thing,but there comes a time when talking is not enough. So for the ones on this site that say they care sooo much about our city show up tonight and let your voices be heard.
For the record, I walk the walk , I will be there !!!! 
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Iliveheretoo Iliveheretoo wrote:

Does anyone from this site plan on attending tonight's meeting? I think it time for the people of Middletown to take back there city. I am all for sites like this one, free speech is a great thing,but there comes a time when talking is not enough. So for the ones on this site that say they care sooo much about our city show up tonight and let your voices be heard.
I assure you that you will not be alone!!!  I will be the old, balding guy with glasses and a beard, who walks with a cane.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliveheretoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Originally posted by Iliveheretoo Iliveheretoo wrote:

I assure you that you will not be alone!!!  I will be the old, balding guy with glasses and a beard, who walks with a cane.
Glad to hear it, I will be the young guy (33) with semi short cut hair. I look forward to seeing you and I hope we are not alone
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 9:06am
Wow ! Someone on council is absolutely brilliant !! Instead of getting pocket change for the city declare the whole city a slum and get the whole treasure chest ! Does anyone else see the brilliance involved here ? I can't wait to see who gets what from this chest. City coffers and private pockets will overflow with the sweet nectar of moolah !

It's going to be a good christmas this year for the Middeltown elite !!  Clap

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 9:49am
I will be there tonight to film hope to meet some of you there
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliveheretoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 9:51am
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

Wow ! Someone on council is absolutely brilliant !! Instead of getting pocket change for the city declare the whole city a slum and get the whole treasure chest ! Does anyone else see the brilliance involved here ? I can't wait to see who gets what from this chest. City coffers and private pockets will overflow with the sweet nectar of moolah !

It's going to be a good christmas this year for the Middeltown elite !!  Clap

Are you gonna show up tonight ?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 10:00am
I plan to be there. Just look for the grumpy ole a** in the wheelchair. Wink
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 10:17am
Have any of you thought that the real goal might be to make Middletown Number 1 on the Forbes list.  If it is - looks like they will succeed.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliveheretoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

Have any of you thought that the real goal might be to make Middletown Number 1 on the Forbes list.  If it is - looks like they will succeed.
have you thought about showing up tonight ?
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 10:31am
If any action taken by Council was ripe for recall of elected Officials this sure ranks at the very top of the list.  If this passes I hope some are recalled come May 2010.
THE WEAVER View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE WEAVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 2:59pm
I will be there and I am trying to pack the rafters for this bunch of lunacy!  I do not see how they can legally do what they plan to do tonight.  If you really want to be scared download the council workbook and you will understand why we should be shaking in our boots!Thumbs%20DownNukeCensored
Anita Scott Jones View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Scott Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 3:47pm
VietVet,
I have not said one way or the other wether or not I support this because I have not seen any plan yet.  I simply said I believe it to be true that 54% of city supposedly qualifies.  I would appreciate that if someone wants to know what I think, that you would ask me. 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2009 at 4:09pm
So if the council manages to declare city wide poverty and slum will that make the owner of a $300,000 home eligible for low interest money or CDBG money ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic