FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doug Adkins / Mason Prosecutor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doug Adkins / Mason Prosecutor
    Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 1:21pm
From MJ:

By Rich Gillette | Thursday, September 3, 2009, 12:00 PM

The Mason Court Liaison Committee, including Mayor Tom Grossmann, Vice Mayor Pete Beck and Councilman Mike Gilb, has agreed assistant prosecutor Bethany Bennett will serve as interim Mason prosecutor, according to City Manager Eric Hansen. Bennett will receive the same salary Peeler did, which amounts to $73,000, the majority — $58,000 — comes from city coffers. The city has set an Oct. 1 deadline to receive resumes from interested attorneys. Hansen said the city will likely not choose a successor for Peeler until the end of the year. Law Director Ken Schneider said he received resumes from Bennett, Juliette Dame, a former Mason assistant prosecutor, Michael Davis, Jerry Shade and Doug Adkins. “She was recommended early on, and the discussion centered on her because of her being in place right now and being able to run with it,” Schneider said. “Everyone was considered.” The full city council will vote on Bennett’s appointment, according to Schneider — except for Councilman Don Prince, who is her father. He won’t participate in any way.

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 1:35pm
Yup, label a City Poverty Town and then head on out.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 2:23pm
So an assistant prosecutor has the background to be the Section 8/HUD/welfare/low income pestulance poverty czar? Is there a connection as to qualifications? Does he have a legal background in the field of "desolation law" that would be required to oversee the Middletown slum town program?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 2:56pm
Lets line this up,Becker is getting an alleged temporary job in Deerfield Township...Schiavone is retiring from public service...now Adkins is looking for a job ?!! No doubt there are others we have not heard about yet.

Why all of a sudden is everyone abandoning ship ? Ermm
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Gary Barge View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 3:39pm
Folks, it is very evident that the ship in sinking and the oars are far and few between to row the boat to shore. However it is time the citizens of Middletown and bite the bullet, get out there and vote. For the ones that cannot make it to the polls call the 1-800 number to the Board of Elections and get your absentee ballots. It is time for change in this town. It's going to take some new common sense, out of the box thinking, new elected officials to turn on the purge pumps, pass out paddles and get this ship steering in the right direction again.  The writing is on the wall and if people don't get out and vote or file absentee ballots I'm sorry to say your are going to have the same old same old. We've had money on the books for 10 years and somehow our administration are just now trying to find a way to justify our "poverty status" of 100% and to put us into line for $20 million coming in Dec. If I were on council the nine years of dormant money would have already been used for infrastructure which is allowed and the city confirmed when Mike Presta brought it to their attention. So get out and vote, vote, vote for it is the will of the citizens to pave the way of our future. It is as simple as that.
Gary Barge
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 7:50pm
Doug Adkins wants to leave us?  How interesting!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Rail Fan Rail Fan wrote:

Doug Adkins wants to leave us?  How interesting!
  welcome to the site Rail Fan
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 8:49pm
Mr. Adkins lives outside Middletown. I suspect he applied to be closer to his residence. As to why he would leave Middletown court for his current position, I would asy it has something to do with Mason not harrassing every individual to death to get a $60.00 court fee.  
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. - Will Rogers
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 9:19pm
I heard that Mr. Adkins got a big jump in pay from the high $40's as a prosecutor to well over $80k to be the CDBG boss.  Would someone verify this second-hand information?  And, does he live in Mason too?  Very interesting!
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 9:21pm
Thank you Randy.  I have heard that I will learn much by reading the comments here from concerned citizens.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 9:50pm
In 2007:

Adkins, Douglas D Prosecutor $54,048

In 2008:

Adkins, Douglas D Prosecutor $60,609

Smith, Ginger L Community revitaliation dir $88,410
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 4:43am
Thanks for salary facts Pacman on Mr. Adkins.

Ordinary working Joes like us dream about $28,000 pay increases like he gets.

Can we hire on at the city because that are where big bucks is made?

The train done left Middletown station.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 5:58am
Rail fan:  Even though the city SAYS they are looking at cutting staff, they actually appear to be planning to HIRE more people!!! 

See my posts on the NSP2 thread for details, and apply for one of these jobs!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 7:00am
Hell Rail I dream about the $6k increase in one year would be nice, let alone the $28k one.
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 9:51am
My neighbor across my street last night tells me Abbie Ison is getting the ax because she upset our city manager.  So, we will not have a recreation department now?
Sports Mom View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sports Mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 10:33am
Same for the 2 Community Development folks getting cut (because they upset someone).  Why would they lay off employees of a Department they are advertising they will have to add staff for if they receive NSP funds? 
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 11:42am

It smells like limburger cheese to me.

I see that four community revitalization jobs will be gone.

We don't get it because millions of HUD funds are coming here.

Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 4:59pm
CITY OF MASON, OHIO COUNCIL MINUTES EXCERPT (12/15/2009)

ORDINANCE 2009-148 APPOINTING BETHANY BENNETT AS THE INTERIM PROSECUTOR AT THE SAME RATE OF COMPENSATION, FOR PROSECUTION SERVICES FOR THE PERIOD BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2010, AND ENDING FEBRUARY 1, 2010, AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY

A motion to read by title only was made by Councilmember Gilb, seconded by Councilmember Bradburn. VOTE: ALL YEAS

Councilmember Gilb, Chair of the Court Liaison Committee, reported the Committee has interviewed the candidates interested in this position and will come back to Council very soon with a recommendation. He stated this legislation simply keeps in place the temporary appointment for an additional month.

A motion to suspend the rule and allow for adoption after the first reading was made by Vice Mayor Nichols, seconded by Councilmember Gilb. VOTE: ALL YEAS
A motion to adopt Ordinance 2009-148 was made by Councilmember Gilb, seconded by Councilmember Shimrock. VOTE: ALL YEAS

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic