FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GM...Close enough for Government Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GM...Close enough for Government Work
    Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 11:04am
Now that Barack Obama has gotten GM Chairman Rick Wagoner out of the way, he is confident that GM is on the way to unimaginable success. The government has given GM and Chrysler $65.1 billion in bailout money, which is only appropriate.

I mean, "millions" is so 90's...

To promote the sales of GM vehicles, Obama says it will be the government that will now stand by your GM car warranty. And the taxpayers all get a lube job. Your future GM owner's manual will come with a disclaimer: "Close enough for government work."

I don't know why everyone is so upset about the government taking over a major American car company. They've done a great job with social security. I mean, haven't they? Taking over GM and Chrysler is American as baseball, apple pie and Mussolini.   

But the Manchurian Teleprompter IS "UPBEAT ABOUT GM'S FUTURE" as a recent New York Times headline declared.

As soon as I read the headline, I rushed to the financial pages. There I learned GM had just been kicked off the Dow Jones Industrial Index. Yikes! Picture the New York Yankees playing so badly they were demoted to Little League status.

That doesn't sound so good. Also, I discovered GM's share price was listed as N/A. Not applicable. Sounds to me like -- "price so low it can't be measured."

Ah, but the Times says Team Obama has a plan. GM's new chairman, Barack Obama, has demanded that GM focus on more green technology. Another nice feature is that instead of an airbag, your GM car will come with a Joe Biden. Thank you, and drive safely...

So the plan is: The "New GM" is going to persuade presumably sane Americans that a bankrupt Detroit automaker run by union hacks and government bureaucrats will make little, dinky, green cars better and cheaper than Toyota, Nissan, and KIA already make little, dinky, green cars.

Can you guess who wrote this?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 12:01pm
Jay Leno ?

You know why I could care less about whether or not GM or any other American car maker survives ? Because I can't afford their junk. I'm all for letting the union put these people right out of work and business. American auto's are not worth the excessive prices and besides if Obama wants to save them then why didn't he give the people money to buy them ? But no,he gave $billions to the companies and laughed in our faces. The executives pocketed some serious bucks while prices continue to climb.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic