FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Middies 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Middies 2009
    Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 2:44pm
LovelandMiddie - All American posted:

I don’t normally make predictions but the stars maybe lining up for the Middies this year.

OPPONENT

Aiken: This should be a no brainer (WIN)--
--
East St. Louis: Always a very talented team and should be a good match for Middletown. I’ll stick my neck out and say Middies (WIN) because I think Krause is a fine coach and will have them ready and there’s plenty of motivation over the Mr. Middie incident. Plus the game is at’s Barnitz.
--
Lima: Middletown has whipped up on the Spartans the last two years big time. (WIN) --
--
Sycamore: The Aves have been a thorn in Middletown’s side for many a season but this year they’re coming to Barnitz to play a loaded Middie team. I think Middletown finally takes them. (WIN) --
--
Mason: I think the Comets are still trying to gel and I think Middletown will be very fast on Mason’s new turf field. Nice place by the way. (WIN)-
--
Fairfield: Still rebuilding program. (WIN) --
-
Lakota East: I think Middletown has to many weapons. (WIN) --
--
Oak Hills: Coming to Middletown will not be good. (WIN) --
--
Colerain: Another upset? That might be to much to ask. The Cards are chomping at the bit to even the score. (LOSS) --
--
Princeton: Unless the Vikes come up with a supporting cast for Spencer Ware they may not be able to keep up with the Middies. Ware lost his two top receivers to graduation. Spencer can’t do it all by himself. (WIN)--
--
Now I know that many a Middie fan has predicted such lofty predictions in years past only to see the Middies fall flat but going 9-1 or 8-2 this season is very doable and 7-3 would be disappointing. They don’t play West or Hamilton which I think will have good seasons. Unless the wheels come completely off, Middletown should have a shot at the playoffs this year with the talent they have coming back

Source: http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191142
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 2:53pm
East St. Louis did not play the middies last year. Middletown will win if the defense can stop Courtney Molton, who has earned a Division I scholarship from Arizona.

Last Saturday night Elder held off ESL Fliers 49-28. The closest the Flyers came was 21-20 in  the second quarter when Courtney Moulton ran it in from 35 yards out.  Had they made the extra point they could have tied the game.

"We got back to within one, but then we had too many defensive letdowns," East St. Louis coach Darren Sunkett

Both teams had 100-plus yard rushers in the first half as Brown ran five times for 101 yards for Elder and Moulton had 11 runs for 155 yards for the Flyers, along with two catches for 75 yards.

Krause calls his middies, "Physical and Fast."

My opinion, the offensive line and the defense as a whole are tough to beat. Couple that with offensive speed and a quarterback who can move, you got a team that is going to win allot of games.

Good luck Middies.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2009 at 4:14pm
The offensive line and the whole defense are tough to beat. Couple that with offensive speed and a 6'4" 205 lb quarterback, Calib Watkins who can move, you got a team that is going to win Saturday night! Good Luck Middies!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic