FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Hiring Police Officers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Hiring Police Officers
    Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 8:58am
I read this in the classifieds today. Yes I was reading the Journal. It was the first time in months. And in fairness to me.. I only read the classifieds.
But I read this and thought I would post it here, we do need more cops on the street. I always thought it took more to be a cop, guess not.

SAFETY
POLICE OFFICER
City of Middletown
To establish an Eligibility List for the classification of Patrol Officer, the City of Middletown will be accepting applications and will conduct an open competitive examination. Salary range: $45,047 to $56,674 annually with excellent benefits. Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent; U.S. Citizenship; possession of a valid Ohio Driver's License at time of appointment; and must be 21 years of age at time of appointment. Recruitment and selection process to include written examination, physical agility test, interview, polygraph, medical exam, drug test, and psychological exam. Written exam and physical agility test will be administered on September 26, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. Application packets may be obtained in the
Personnel Office, second floor of the City Building, One Donham Plaza, Middletown, Ohio. Deadline to
submit application is Friday,
September 18, 2009 at 5:00 p.m.
EOE/Drug-free Workplace.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 12:00pm
Yeah that ad has been in the paper for a week or two.

I don't understand how they can hire if the city is in such financial trouble.

I see a safety levy on the ballot for the near future. Thumbs%20Down
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 12:28pm
That's a no vote for me also on any safety levy or renewal.
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2009 at 3:44pm
Read it again. It says MINIMUM requirements.

I do know they look for experienced officers, officers with degrees, etc... Anyone can take the exam (heck I took it in 1996), just like the fire department.
AK - What is going on with that?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2009 at 4:07pm
OK- Is this hiring to replace a cop who quit or retired or is this an addition to the force? If an addition, then when this safety levy was passed a year or two ago, I distinctly remember hearing that they needed the levy passed to MAINTAIN (no new hiring) the safety services as is-ie fire and police service. Now,(maybe) they want to hire an additional cop? If so, gee, you mean they didn't tell us voters the truth when we voted for their levy? Imagine that! All depends on if this is to maintain the numbers or to increase them. If an addition, I'll not vote for any new line of crap about "maintaining" the safety services again.
Major Hoffman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Major Hoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 9:06am
This officer is due to the retirement of Sgt. Will Rogers, who left about a month ago after 29 years of service.  A patrol officer will be promoted to sergeant to replace him, and a new person hired to replace the officer who is promoted.  This is not an additional position.

Elegibility lists are good for one year.  Even if there were no vacancies, a test would still be given so that we would have a current list.  This enables us to avoid scrambling to give a test when a vacancy does occur.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 12:18pm
Thank you again for making this topic clear to us Major Hoffman. We ask these questions and do alot of "assuming" because we are not normally fully informed by the initial story.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2009 at 4:50pm
Thanks Major Hoffman. We all appreciate hearing facts.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic