FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gary Barge's webpage 1st Ward Candidate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gary Barge View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gary Barge's webpage 1st Ward Candidate
    Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 2:06am

Hello MiddletownUSA. A lot of you have asked if I have a website. It is now up and running. The webpage is www.bargeforcitycouncil.com You can contact me thru that website. If you get a chance stop by and take a look.

Gary Barge
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 5:17am
WOW!...LOOKS GREAT!
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 6:18am
Good job Gary good luck.
Merrell Wood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrell Wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 9:06am

Gary, Looks great! Just make sure you turn everyone you can to check it out.  Wink

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 9:25am
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 12:26pm
Thanks evryone for your kind words

Gary Barge
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 8:16pm
WOW...nice picture and the colors are pretty too.  But in all honesty, there is nothing wrong with the representation we already have in Ward 1.  Mr. Barge sounds like a nice man, but not city council material in my mind!

We should keep Mr. Armbruster!
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Merrell Wood Merrell Wood wrote:

Gary, Looks great! Just make sure you turn everyone you can to check it out.  Wink

I thought you were an Armbruster supporter, Mr. Wood!?!?!?LOL
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 9:54pm
Simply posted my website to MiddletownUSA as I have been asked to do just out of common courtesy. If anyone has any questions my contact info is all over my webpage. ((Sorry)) if anyone was asked to answer any questions directly or indirectly. This was not the intent for publishing my website to MiddletownUSA. Feel free to contact me with any question you may have.
Gary Barge
1st Ward candidate
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 6:22am
Murdock- Barge isn't council material but Armbruster is??? Oh, he-- no! I hope you're joking about retaining Armbruster. When (and if) you can wake him up, all you get is surface fluff like talk of trees, parks and "everything's wonderful in this town" crap.I'm still waiting for Armbruster to tell us the good news that is supposidly coming in the next 30/60 or 90 days. He did make that statement several weeks ago, I believe. This man is part of the problem, not the solution. Name one thing that he has contributed that has any substance or importance since he's been (sleeping)-sitting behind that council desk. Retaining Armbruster is a guarantee nothing is going to change for the 1st Ward and more importantly, the city. The man has been a bust as a pro-active councilperson.
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 1:19pm
VietVet, do you even live in the 1st Ward?  I couldn't be more serious about keeping Mr. Armbruster on council.  What's wrong with sharing some good news about what's going on in town, that's all Mr. Armbruster is doing when he makes those kind of comments.  He's certainly NOT asleep at the meetings I've attended, so again, you dont know what you're talking about!!
In my humble opinion, people like you (those that use this blog as a b**t*h session)are part of the problem....why dont you get out and do something for this community and quit complaining.  Off the top of my head, one good thing Mr. Armbruster did for this community was get rid of Mr. Becker as city manager.  As far as good news for this community, one could assume he was referring to new jobs coming to Middletown.
We are at too critical of a point in this community to bring inexperience to the table, which is what a vote for the 'canal candidate' gets us!!!
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 1:21pm
Mr. Barge, from what I can see only a few people have asked you for your website.  To use this as a platform to solicit votes wont get you any....many of the bloggers/friends of yours on this site dont even live in your ward.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 6:31pm
Murdock-are you related or have ties with Mr. Armbruster ??

I can't believe anyone would want to keep him on council,and I am a ward 1 resident. As long as I've known Mr Armbruster he has done nothing for ward 1.

Correct me please and list those accomplishments if I am wrong.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 7:09pm
1)  ".....sharing some good news about what's going on in town, that's all Mr. Armbruster is doing....."

2)  Question

3)  Sleepy

4)  Confused
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 8:07pm
No, Im not related to Mr. Armbruster, dont have any ties to him, nor am I a member of city leadership in any capacity.  Im just a very well informed citizen/voter, with knowledge of all the issues, our city's history and I have some common sense.

There are countless things Mr. Armbruster has provided for Ward 1....like representation, leadership, responsiveness and sound judgement for a few. 

Although we have the ward system in this town, it's only in place to make it easier for people to get elected to council.  If you read their oath of office, they are to represent the ENTIRE city, something Mr. Armbruster has done.  The ward system in this town wasnt devised so a member of council could deliver some 'pet project' to an area or specific ward.  If that's what you think, then you're wrong.

At least he's sharing the good news....no one else on this site seems to be able to do that!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 7:01am
OK Murdock- To answer your questions- I've been in this town since 1948. I've seen this town in it's glory and I see the cluster it is now. How long have you been here? I lived in the 1st Ward from 1985 to 2005, when we moved to the 3rd Ward. I have seen Armbruster in action on Council. To reinforce what I've said, go to TV Middletown, open up some of the old Council meetings and pay close attention to the council comments portion of the meeting. When it is Armbruster's turn to comment, all you get is "I attended a cub scout meeting and the kids seemed so enthusiastic about their projects" or "I'm happy to report that the cleanup at Sunset Park is going smoothly and it's looking great"- Nothing of substance- nothing earth-shattering- nothing of any notoriety that addresses the serious issues of this town. Also pay attention to his input and ideas during council discussions on any topic. There is no response from him on any subject. He just sits and listens. Listening is good, but at some point, one is expected to offer something of substance in a meeting, aren't they? Good Lord, when I said he is asleep in the meetings, I didn't mean it literally- I meant it as a description as to his lack of input in the council meetings- Mercy! Tell us Murdock- what meaningful, important, significant contributions has Armbruster made in his tenure on Council? Show us we're wrong on our assessment of the man. As it is now, he is occupying a council seat that could be better put to use by someone who will be proactive in the decision-making process. You said- "as far as good news for this community, one could ASSUME he was referring to new jobs coming to Middletown"- Awfully bold assumption, isn't it? Based on past performance on jobs being created in this town, that's a risky statement to make, isn't it? "We are at too critical of a point in this community to bring inexperience to the table"- Mercy! Murdock- and the experience we have now has gotten us what? You can't possibly be satisfied with the clowns that are on Council now. None of them deserve our vote. They are inept, misdirected, illogical and have driven this town into the abyss with their Section 8, lack of jobs, business unfriendly attitude, and financial mismanagement of the city funds. How can you support that kind of performance? And finally- you chastise me for using this forum as a bit-- session and I am part of the problem. You ask me to get out and do something for this community and quit complaining. Just as you have labeled me as a bitch-- and complainer, I will throw it back at you and label you as a blind, rose-colored glass looking, naive, "can't see the forest for the trees" type person who appears to be incapable of assessing a pathetic situation and calling it as it really is. And as far as doing something for the community. Depending on the outcome of the November election- IF the incumbants are retained, I will do something for this community- I will attempt to gather petition signatures for the recall of those incumbants so that the voters can place the correct people in those council seats. Removal of those who destroy a city is the only logical place to start in "doing something for this community". Have a nice day.   
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 8:12am
Viet Vet.....................ClapClapClap
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 8:13am
Gary Barge...........ClapClapClap
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 10:24am
Mrs. South Carolina edited the text on the homepage?

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 12:29pm
Good video Tudor ! I think thats whats wrong with Middeltown,if we helped Africa it would educate Americans as to where downtown is. No one knows where downtown is because they can't read a map. Without a map the world would never be. Without a map a man aint got a friend. Without a map the road would never bend. Without a map. So I keep looking at the map. Geek
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Murdock Murdock wrote:

No, Im not related to Mr. Armbruster, dont have any ties to him, nor am I a member of city leadership in any capacity.  Im just a very well informed citizen/voter, with knowledge of all the issues, our city's history and I have some common sense.

There are countless things Mr. Armbruster has provided for Ward 1....like representation, leadership, responsiveness and sound judgement for a few. 

Although we have the ward system in this town, it's only in place to make it easier for people to get elected to council.  If you read their oath of office, they are to represent the ENTIRE city, something Mr. Armbruster has done.  The ward system in this town wasnt devised so a member of council could deliver some 'pet project' to an area or specific ward.  If that's what you think, then you're wrong.

At least he's sharing the good news....no one else on this site seems to be able to do that!

Murdock - Please don't think we are ganging up on you here,but Middeltown is in desperate need of change.
I asked previously for a list,even a small list,of Mr Armbrusters accomplishments and you have yet to supply one. I seriously think that you can not supply one because one doesn't exist. While Mr Armbruster has a long and distinguished history of business in this town his accomplishments and efforts as a councilman leave a lot to be desired. You are to be applauded for standing up for what you believe,just as we on here believe what we believe. As for the attributes you list,"representation, leadership, responsiveness and sound judgement for a few" I personally find none of these qualities available in Mr Armbruster as a councilman. I seriously believe the only reason Mr Armbruster even ran for the position was because he was bored perhaps and thought being on council would break up the monotony of his daily routine,(just my opinion).

Regardless of thoughts one thing is for certain,Middeltown is and has been in serious trouble on all levels and the only way to head off it's total destruction is to rid city hall of incompetency. This would cover but not limited to all council members,the city manager & possibly a large percentage of department heads.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 3:25pm
Impala SS     ClapClapClap  
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 4:48pm
Impala SS -

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Nelson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic