FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vote For Open, Honest Government In November

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vote For Open, Honest Government In November
    Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:48am

GOD Bless all of the citizens of Middletown.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 11:26am
Nelson-Thank you again for sharing all this info with us on here.

There is so much I do not understand with the CDBG monies and HUD and the city usage of these funds. The demolition clause I don't really understand at all, why is the city so set on demolition ? What is going to happen to the empty lots ? Why isn't there more help from the city via these funds to help home owners ? What is the cost per demolition ? Perhaps some of my questions are irrelevant, as I stated I do not have a good grasp of CDBG & HUD.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 11:37am
CDBG & HUD U.S. governement programs Hermes it is understandable that they are hard to comprehend, they are designed that way I think. I beleieve average demo cost is about $7500.00 per house.

In past Council Meetings lots that are not buildable by todays lot size standards, I understand the city has been trying to give/sell them to a neighbor or split them between two neighbors.  I believe the buildable ones at this time are being land banked by the city for later use hopefully.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:59pm
Pac - I knew they are government programs but have no real in depth knowledge of what you can or can not do with them. Thats why I rely on Nelson and the things he post about it. I've looked over government sights concerning HUD and all that and it is confusing.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 3:44pm
Pac and Hermes- aren't most of these homes demolished or slated for the wrecking ball in the older parts of town and are typically on lots that are narrow and long. Those "reach out the side window and shake hands with your neighbor" type of lots. Don't imagine you could rebuild on a lot with only 35 feet of frontage. Would probably have a hard time splitting the lot and selling the halves to the neighbors since no one can afford or wants to tackle additional property and taxes in town with the declining value. So, it probably sits vacant for years with the city owning more useless property that can never be turned over for a profit.
tootie View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tootie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 5:07pm
Once again this proves that Middletown does not need to be in the real estate business. Why should Middletown keep paying taxes on property they don't need. Sell it off to the first offer they get and be done with it. They are't going to get that golden offer they keep waiting for (i.e Swallens)
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 5:38pm
Vet I think Pacman answered you about those unbuildable lots.

"In past Council Meetings lots that are not buildable by todays lot size standards, I understand the city has been trying to give/sell them to a neighbor or split them between two neighbors.  I believe the buildable ones at this time are being land banked by the city for later use hopefully."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic