FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Candidates Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candidates Forum
    Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:46pm
At tonights council debate meeting I brought along my beautiful fiancé and in all the madness she realized that I am a big dork. Allow me to explain; A few months back I attened my very first meeting and when I returned home I told her how boring it was. But tonight as I walked around shaking hands with everyone I knew from the Mayor to Mr. Paul Nagy I realized I was in my element. I looked over and she was smiling at me and later told me I was dork or a giddy school girl. I prefer dork! lol  Embarrassed

Ok, now my thoughts on tonights meeting. I do my best to not pick sides, but in the end I am a voter in this town and that makes it hard. I will not speak of the ward I live in or the candidates running  but I will say in my opinion Josh Laubach was the clear winner for his ward. Again My opinion. I was very inpressed with Mr. Paul Nagy as well, I do think it will a tight race for him against Mr. Picard.

I want to hear who you feel won tonight and why? 
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 11:22pm
Here is my analysis of tonight's forum:

FIRST WARD

Armbruster:

Says he’s against new taxes, but has supported EVERY ONE that has ever been floated by anyone.

He amazed me by saying “that group Moving Forward” is a group “coming out to answer to challenge Forbes magazine that we are a dying city*”. Does this means he has actually fingered Ann Mort, Sam Ashworth and their gang????

Sounds like four more years of the same old stuff to me.

*edited after review of replay.

Barge:

His summary was the best part of the night for him. Nerves seemed to get the better of him at the start. He improved as the forum moved on. If he hadn’t been the first to have to answer, he probably would have done better.

SECOND WARD

A. J. Smith:

In favor of street tax…Took the “If you want it you have to pay" stance. Said nothing about using current city revenues for essential services instead of squandering on frivolous or pet projects.

In his summary, he invoked his relatives, Obama, and everyone else he could think of, and then says that he stands alone, beholding to no one But he has slick flyers that look expensive and has had a campaign office on Central Avenue a couple of months already, yet his “Extended Biography” (http://www.smithformiddletown.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=2) does not say anything about having a paying job. (So…is he independent, or does he have some “silent” backers?) Let’s see how expensive of a campaign he runs.

Soppanish:

Also look nervous at the start. Adequately addressed AJ’s jab about signing Michel’s ward elimination petition.

THIRD WARD:

Marconi:

First says we need HUD approval to reduce section 8, then says we already have reduced Section 8.

Danced around the “ward” issue.

Mr. Marconi has become quite a politician. He managed to say all that he said with a straight face. Nothing new here… basically promised four more years of the same old stuff.

Laubach:

Scored points when he pointed out Marconi’s section 8 contradictions.

Gave reasonable, thoughtful answers to each question.

Seems to understand sound economic policy.

A few more years of life experience might help, so if he misses this year, I hope that he takes another shot in 2011.

FOURTH WARD

Picard:

Advocates doing more to retain existing businesses, which probably includes HIS legal and paper mill equipment businesses.

Gave good answers delivered in a polished manner.

Then again, Picard is a lawyer, he is supposed to know how to give good answers and present himself well. But is he speaking true, or is he representing some “clients” more than the citizens?

Nagy:

Seemed to spend too much time on “thank yous” and then didn’t have time to fully answer the first question.

Gave good, thoughtful answers but always seemed to need more time since some ideas were new.

His “I will answer with the best that’s in me!” summary remarks rang true. Since I know Paul well, I believe that he actually will “answer with the best that’s in him."

Regarding the School Board candidates:

Rev. Tyus Says that it is important that everyone vote FOR him and Ms. Andrews in order to show support.

I take the good Reverend at his word, and urge all others to do the same. So if you DIS-like the actions of the School Board, DIS-agree with the perfomance of the School District, or do NOT support Rev. Tyus or Ms. Andrews, do NOT vote for one or either of them.

REMEMBER: They will BOTH be elected regardless, as all either needs is ONE vote, but they are going to be considering EVERY vote that they receive as a “show of support”!!!

If you do NOT support them do NOT vote for them!!! Let them then look at the TOTAL votes cast in the city versus the number of votes that they receive and see how much support they actually have!!!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 7:23am
Excellent overview Mike. Your evaluation of the night's festivities is spot on. I was at the forum and have a few observations to add:

Barge and Laubach did look nervous as you stated. I agree that the confidence started to improve for both of them as the forum progressed. Marconi kept bringing up experience, not mentioning he had none when he first started on Council. I think the confidence (gained by the experience) will grow in Barge, Laubach and Nagy as they learn the specifics of the job. Given time and with staying true to doing the right things for the city and people, they will be just fine. If they give in to Gilleland's agenda for the city, they will find themselves as popular as the current council is on this site.

I liked Mr. Nagy's delivery on his answers. His "hesitation" is, at times, noticable, but it is difficult answering in an impromptu fashion for everyone in general. He gives the outward appearance of being genuine and thoughtful and I liked his "must take care of the basics and eliminate the pet projects " theme. Excellent!

Mr. Picard had a great delivery. He kept repeating the "we only have a certain amount of money and we can only do a certain amount of things with that money" routine. Beat that one to death. Also pounded on the "economy is bad right now and we must be ready when it returns". Said that several times. Could be wrong but there is something about Picard that tells me he's an "inner circle" member and if elected, would cater to the current power crowd rather than do right by the people. Might be bad for the city's "regular" citizens. Kinda like Mulligan. No proof- just an uneasy feeling about him. Seems like he could be a sneaky little ----! (Just like Mulligan.)

Armbruster- I have never been so proud of the Jimster as I was last night. You could actually see him breathing and "come to life" right before your eyes as he espoused the virtues of his time in the Ward 1 seat. He showed some levity as he commented on the special projects comments made by others and the "hidden agenda" suggestions. Yep, 'ole Jimmimatic was close to being as entertaining as Chuck Barris on the Gong Show last night as he yuked it up for a change.He got very animated- well kinda- when he said no new taxes for the streets and when he said now was not the right time for reducing Section 8 because people needed help in this poor economy. I'm beaming with pride for J Master 'Bruster and his rap last night! Problem is, he still won't make a good councilman the second time around. Goodbye Jim

Marconi- good god- where to start with him.

When discussing the jobs in town, he got this crazed "pit bull" look in his eyes and said that he didn't understand all the talk about the city not enticing jobs to town. He cited Paychex and Pac National as examples of job opportunities. Note to Marconi: These jobs don't pay enough unless both husband AND wife are working there to provide a decent standard of living with today's gas prices, grocery prices, utility prices, taxes, insurance premiums, car tag increases, building supply/home improvement increases, appliances, etc. AND- what is the percentage of the employees that work at these companies you cite that live in the city and what percentage commute to the job? If a person has a job in Middletown, but lives elsewhere, the city isn't getting the full benefit of the job brought in.The employees need to live here too. Need to shoot higher than Paychex and Pac National Tony. Need to shoot for research, communications, wind turbine and solar panel technology companies. A step or two up from your standard industrial park jobs like you mentioned. Bottom line- the jobs you mention aren't good enough to provide a decent standard of living in today's world. Question to Mr. Marconi- if these jobs are so great, would you give up your current job, work for them and still maintain your current standard of living. NO, you couldn't. Still a pathetic attempt at procuring jobs here in Middletown as compared to surrounding towns like Mason and West Chester.

AJ Smith- seemed polished. Working on the national level has helped his confidence. He has grown from that experience. Didn't like the "I'll support a tax" comments. Wrong time with the bad economy for any tax increases plus the people in this town feel they are being beaten on by the city and the schools for more money on a continual basis. City and schools would do well to lay off the people at this time.Also didn't like the Section 8 comments from AJ. Disagree with retaining the program at the current level. Must be reduced to the lowest allowed. It hurts the city economically, image wise and lowers the quality of the town.

Tyus and Andrew- why would anyone give these people their vote? Why would you vote for two people who looked the other way while Price was finishing the job of destroying what was left of a once proud competitive school district? Why would you vote for two people who have condoned the performance of the schools on the proficiency tests? OR. if not condoning, certainly not treating the problem with any sense of urgency to correct it. Unfortunately, they will still be on the school board, but they'll play hell getting my vote and I hope yours. They are not good for our schools in an administration role. Only Sauter and Fiora have given a glimpse of ability as being competent enough to stay on the board. The rest are just occupying space.

All JMO. Thought I'd see more USA bloggers there. Hopefully will see all of you at Marconi's 3rd Ward Community Forum at the Seniors Center on OCtober 14th. Was that you sitting there Pac?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 9:46am
I found the whole evening very depressing.
No real hope from anywhere.

jmo
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 10:05am
Spider:
You shouldn't be so negative!!!
Wink LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 10:19am
Glad to have you back Spider, You are missed !!
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 10:38am
Spider:
Any thoughts on Armbruster's comments about that "group Moving Forward"???
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 10:51am
Mike--you know where I stand on this issue and it's overall importance.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

His take on MMF is totally contrary to his prior comments, and only confuses the issue on this "organization" that most on Council and Admin fail to recognize existence.
So--which way is it, city leaders?
Who is a member of MMF?
When are there meetings?
Where are their minutes?
What is their agenda?
 Well, Armbruster said that “that group Moving Forward” is a group that formed “ to challenge Forbes magazine that we are a dying city".   The only such group that I know of is the one headed up by Sam and Ann.  I know nothing about their meetings or minutes, but their AGENDA is apparently the one spelled out on the flyer found in the city literature rack in the City Manager's reception area  this past spring.  It's common knowledge that Sam and the City Manger are an item, so it would have been no problem for Sam to put it there, would it??? 

As the flyer states, their main agenda seems to be controlling the city by controlling the city council.  Just read the flyer again.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 4:57pm

Ward System – Without the Ward System the 2nd Ward will have no voice at all. I'm sick to death of hearing that the 1st & 2nd Wards have gotten all the money in recent years...well ya better take a better look at what is really going on in this town. The majority of that money was spent on "their downtown area."

Council Meetings once a month
– The last several workbooks for the council meeting have been about 135 pages and these were made available on Friday afternoon. I have called several council members with a question on Tuesday afternoon only to be told they had not read their workbook yet. How will they be able to read 270 pages, a small novel, before a monthly council meeting? I do not believe that many of the current council members are reading the workbooks or doing any research on the issues they are voting on that evening. And then we have the current problem of all this emergency legislation every council meeting. If they meet only once a month this problem will only increase.

pattyinohio View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattyinohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Ward System – Without the Ward System the 2nd Ward will have no voice at all. I'm sick to death of hearing that the 1st & 2nd Wards have gotten all the money in recent years...well ya better take a better look at what is really going on in this town. The majority of that money was spent on "their downtown area."

Council Meetings once a month
– The last several workbooks for the council meeting have been about 135 pages and these were made available on Friday afternoon. I have called several council members with a question on Tuesday afternoon only to be told they had not read their workbook yet. How will they be able to read 270 pages, a small novel, before a monthly council meeting? I do not believe that many of the current council members are reading the workbooks or doing any research on the issues they are voting on that evening. And then we have the current problem of all this emergency legislation every council meeting. If they meet only once a month this problem will only increase.

And what voice does the second ward have now? DO think AJ or John are gonna fix all these issues ? Do you htink you can save your vault or even care about it
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 6:45pm
Question who takes care of the 3rd ward?  I see no police on the roads here, of course crime is minimal if any.  Roads aren't being repaired, city is not going to give the people here any money to fix their houses.  Poeple here take care of their properties religiously and when someone can't many times you will find a neighbor or local church helping out.  Do we have problems here yup does the city listen not usually, if you call you usually get placated and the problem persists.  Does the City answer emails, Ms. Gilleland never answered the last one I sent her with very simple questions.  Dr. Price never answered my email with transportation issues which couldn't be resolved by the Transportation Dept. for some reason.

The bottomline is if you are going to wait for someone else to cleanup your neightborhood, find you a job, take care of your kids, take care of all of your crime problems, hand out funds and welfare endlessly you are going to be sadly disappointed.  I don't sit around waiting for the city to do anything for me.  I may try to get their help but when it usually doesn't materialize I find a solution for myself as do most of the people that live near me.

Band together and look within yourselves to help yourselves with what resources are available.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 6:57pm
I have to agree with Spiders assessment. Based on the forum, we as a city are in trouble. We need folks with vison and experience. Didn't see much of that last night. While some seemed nervous, I would say that is lack of public speaking. Those folks will get better in time. Mr Marconi, its time to go. Babbling is no way for a city leader to speak when asked questions. Armbruster, the same, been around a long time and time has passed you by. 2nd ward good luck. Mr Soppanish woud be the choice based on life experience. While I admire AJ's ambition and desire, at 20 years old you are not ready to lead a city. Get some life experience and then come back in 10 years. Who knows in 10 you might be a winner, Good Luck.

Miss Judy needs to go. She is in bed with MMF and I consider that a conflict of interest. How can she make good decisions for the city when she is playing footsie with MMF. Downtown nees to clean house!

Here is a thought. Maufacturing in M-town is dead except for AK. The folks downtown should concentrate on bringing technology jobs to town. Partner with the Atriun and Miami to provide training and jobs! Offer businesses incentives to come here and use these trained folks. Program would take time but is more than we have now!

JMO
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 7:28pm
Spider says:
"The $150,000 Health Dept. deficit could be remedied by eliminating the Econ Dev director position. That salary/perks alone would pay the difference, as our ED Dept. is seriously under-performing under the revolving door leadership of Mr.Murphy/no one/Mr.Robinette."

Economic Dev. or Health Dept. I think this is a no brainer.  ED stays Health Dept can be merged.  I don't understand sometime you guys think that the ED Dept. just needs to reach into this magical bag and pull out a 250 job complex.  Why do you expect that to happen here in Middletown.  You have serious competition for evey job coming to this area.  Middletown has serious problems which have yet to be tackled by the City.  Now I think there are other cuts that could be made to keep the Health Dept.  But cutting the ED Dept. is not the answer.  Expecting to wake up tomorrow morning and seeing 250 new jobs announced in t he paper is not realistic or reasonable, no matter who the ED Director is.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 8:18pm
Forget the ED Director. The City Manager can do the job. She is the one that should be working businesses to come her. Is that not one of her responsibilities? To promote this city? Oh wait a minute, she does what the MMF tells her to do!Angry
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 8:37pm
So the City Manager should forgo taking care of the Budget, over seeing 400-500 employees, regional business, etc., etc,. etc., and just devote her time to ED.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you guys just make me shake my head sometimes.  Why not make her Police and Fire Chief and head Engineer, what the hell lets fire all of the city employees and let the City Manager do it.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

Expecting to wake up tomorrow morning and seeing 250 new jobs announced in t he paper is not realistic or reasonable, no matter who the ED Director is.
Maybe not, but don't be surprised to wake up some morning soon and seeing that another local firm with over FIFTY well-paying jobs will be gone.  And as with AK's offices, council will be caught with their pants down on this one, too.

Perhaps they didn't have enough flowers???
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 8:46pm
Wasteful, she doesn't do a whole now to promote this city. I know she looks at the budgets, but based on the way things are, she just takes a check each month and does whatever Sam and Ann wants.

A City Manager should be working to promote the city they run, encourage businesses to locate here, offer plans of improvement, be involved in economic development. I don't see that happening. Day to Day operations of the city still need to be on the plate. If they can't all of that then get out! No business development, no job for the city managerAngry
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 9:13pm
Mike I am not surprised to see any business leave Middletown under Middletown's current circumstances.

Smartman the Whole City does little to promote itself in the best light for a major business to want to locate here versus mason, Monroe, West Chester, Springboro, etc.  In case you haven't noticed we have:

22+% Poverty

Local Schools which lag behind every other school district in the county

Section 8 which is out of control gonna be cut , not gonna be cut, council has no clue

We lack any large acreage to even handle a large facility if they wanted to come here.

Infrastructure which is from the horse and buggy days and at the current rate it is being updated, we will be living on the moon before it is done.

We lack even the basic amenities that people expect in their city's today

Not even the City employees live in the City, why would we expect a major business to come here and then live in the city, diluting the income tax revenue.

And after listening to last night forum most of the above items were not even mentioned by any of the candidates.  It is fine to say we need jobs, but no one asks and answers the question as to why we can maintain and keep jobs and why we are most likely at the bottom of the list to even be considered for jobs.  The next question is why won't you own employees live in your city.

The truly sad part of this is most Middletown residents see none of the above as issues detrimental to the city and have little desire to even make any changes as to what the problems are.  They think 22% poverty is well just OK.  Excessive Section 8 is just the way it is.  The fact that businesses are leaving daily, oh well.  the fact that if a business does come here most employees live elsewhere, so what.  Citizen apathy is rampant in Middletown.  Being content with the way the city is is OK with many just listen to City Council and "Middletown has a bright future" Gilleland.  there is no drive among a majority of Middletown Citizens to do anything about the problems, ,many don't know any better, many don't care, and the rest don't have any leadership to pull them together to make changes.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2009 at 9:29pm
Wasteful, I do agree with waht you say. Section 8 needs to go away. If it does schools will improve. Sorry to all you section 8 residents. Its a fact look at Hamilton. Section 8 goesa away, schools improve. Our schools have 70% free and reduced lunch. Out of control. The infrastructure of the city sucks. Where does the blame go, at the feet of council and the city manager.

We have the land to develop for technology centers. Property behind Target and Lowes and Walmart, Towne Mall can be leveled, and the Downtown area. Those old buildings are eyesoresNuke They smell, and are totally useless. In case you have not driven down there, take a ride. The downtown needs redone. Bulldoze it and have new business rebuild it. If presented right, in partnership with Atrium, AK, and Miami it might be possible. Forget Auntie Ann and the pom poms
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 4:41am

And what voice does the second ward have now? DO think AJ or John are gonna fix all these issues ? Do you htink you can save your vault or even care about it

pattyinohio

Ms Ford has never answered an email or returned one of my phone calls concerning problems in the 2nd Ward. To be honest I’m unsure of where she stands on most issues.
    Yes. if elected I expect Mr. Soppanish or Mr. Smith to listen to my problem and inform me of what steps need to be taken to solve the problem.
    The
Middletown Cemetery is located in the 1st Ward. I would hope that all of City Council would support caring for this historic cemetery and those buried there.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 5:34am
One of the BIG, BIG problems is that we our leaders are leaving one huge part of the economic development pie completely out of the picture, and they don't even realize it.  In fact, they are doing it purposely--it is one of their GOALS!!!  They just "don't understand" and get out of the way.

I dare not explain here and now, or one of them will quickly "borrow" this obvious goal as their own, since it SHOULD have been in the picture all along.  I'd hate to be responsibile for getting one of them re-elected or retained in their job.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 6:33am
wasteful- "I see no police on the roads here" (referring to the 3rd Ward)- I see cruisers now and then on Rosedale around Rachel when I'm walking the perimeter with cigar in hand in the evenings. A cruiser parks in the driveway of a house on Rachel periodically. You are correct when you say people take care of their property here. Folks usually do a good job at maintaining their property. Had a street light out several months back at the corner of Rosedale and Rachel. Called my councilperson for info. He said the city didn't take care of street light change outs. Referred me to the Duke website- recorded the outage and bulb was replaced in two days. They even came out several months ago and flushed the fire hydrant in front of my house. Hadn't seen that in the 4 years I have lived in this location. It would appear that most people in this area of town don't rely on the city services or have city service "issues" like the other sections of town. I guess there are alot less "issues" with the city in this area than in other wards. Dunno-
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 6:54am
smartman, wasteful, Mike and all- have any of you ever seen or heard of a "game plan" published from the Econ. Dev. Department? I never saw one when Murphy was here. Never have seen one presented to the public from Robinette. Has anyone ever seen an in-depth, step by step plan to entice a company to Middletown? A video showing what little amenities this town has to offer? A slide show to present to prospective companies explaining what they will receive if they locate to Middletown? Has the Econ Dev. Director ever made a video to mail out for the purpose of job creation? What is the sequence that the Econ. Dev. Dept. uses to research the companies that are looking to re-locate (or new companies just starting and are looking for a place to locate)Is there a national list compiled by a group out there that lists potential company relocations? Wonder how the West Chester's, Springboro's and Mason's of the nation go about successfully bringing jobs to their communities and Middletown can't seem to get their act together? We have a good location on I-75 between two larger cities. The condition of the city is poor though. Trying to understand why they are so reluctant to identify the problem of attracting business and then correcting it so that we can provide decent jobs for the people here. Doesn't seem to be any emphasis/priority/urgency on one of the most important things they should be working on. JOBS!!!!! As Mike says- they're too busy planting frikkin' flowers/surface fluff to concentrate on the real problems of the city.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 6:55am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

I guess there are alot less "issues" with the city in this area than in other wards. Dunno-
Vet, I wonder if that could be because FOUR or FIVE council members living within a MILE (as the crow flies) of your house???

NAH!!!  That's just a coincidence!!!

Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic