FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Dillman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 4:25pm
Irisner, do you know that's why Dillman has it up or is that an assumption? I just have never heard of any insurance company requiring that sign posting or they will raise your rates, but who knows, maybe some do.
Iliveheretoo View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliveheretoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Smartman Smartman wrote:

As a customer in a store I would be very uncomfortable if I new the person next to me was packing a firearm. My hat is off to Mr Dillman and all the other business folks that post that sign!

Look Wyatt, if you want to carry a gun, fine. Just leave it in the car when you go shopping!
I would rather have a good citizen next to me with a gun then some punk kid. Has any one heard of the second amendment ? The right to keep and bare arms. I agree with you on one point, It is Dillmans right to post that sign and it is justwatching's right to ask him why. But If I am ever some place and a mad man starts to shoot up the place cause his boss just fired him or his girl is cheating on him. I hope some body has a gun to protect his self and some others around  him. You can say what you want Smartman but if Justwatching saved your life or your familys life with that gun he happen to have when it was all over you would shake his hand and owe him your life.
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 4:32pm
Is that what the second amendment means? Mmmmmm.

Iliveheretoo View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliveheretoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 4:52pm
Great video, Maybe I will open a store and post a sign that says I encourage my customers to carry a concealed weapon and see how many times I get robbed ?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 5:21pm
Justwatching the problem with your logic in this discussion is that you are assuming that everyone that has a Concealed Weapons permit is logical and will do the right thing.  I can tell you from experience that isn't so.  So as far as I am concerned it is my business my rules.  The person doesn't like my rules hit the road, plenty of people looking for jobs right now.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 5:36pm
WOW--I can speak for Mr.Dillman, who really didn't want to get into this until a few started going at it.

He was given those signs when he was on the Citizens' Advisory Board to the Police Dept., and the chief encouraged him and everyone else to post them for liability concerns. His insurance co. also recommended posting the signs to decrease his liability IF a shooting occured inside his businesses. The subject had not come up in a long time, and had never caused much controversy.

He stated that he really didn't want guns in his businesses, though he was not concerned with normal law-abiding citizens(whomever that might be) and had never asked or checked anyone as to whether they were carrying a weapon. He then told me about locking himself in an office with a drugged-up suicidal employee who was flashing a loaded weapon while on the job.

The signs are mainly a liability thing, and it is very hard to monitor this type of activity. One gun in the wrong hands is one gun too many. He told about being robbed a few times(armed), and really didn't think having another weapon in the hands of anyone else would have made things any better, and probably would have led to a death or multiple deaths. Does he REALLY want to take the chance on ANYONE or the WRONG person being shot(especially if the shooting occured because of the second weapon)? Customers get into it often, and it can escalate in very strange ways.

Obviously Mr.Dillman can't control what people conceal when they enter his businesses. Common sense, courtesy and safety are hardly a given any more. Allegedly there was a 3am shooting close to one of his locations recently. His name was published as often as the names of the shooter and victim.

He stated that he wasfollowing the advice of police, insurance people, and the overall wishes of his co-workers. Pulling out one gun in a business is dangerous enough. Add another weapon(or more) and it really doesn't become more safe in his opinion.

May not be the answer you want, and Mr.Dillman had somewhat mixed concerns.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

WOW--I can speak for Mr.Dillman, who really didn't want to get into this until a few started going at it.

If you can speak for Mr. Dillman Then please pass along a thank you from MiddletownUSA.com for explaining his reasons to our readers.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 6:44pm
Now I get it ! The "right to bare arms" they were talking about short sleeved shirts !! Gee,I should be on the Supreme Court ! Or at least a constitutional attorney. Clown

Anymore amendments or rights questions anyone need me to interpret ? I'll gladly do it for a small fee.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 7:03pm
Thumbs%20Up Nice comments Spider. I guess I'm the narrow minded one in this fight. I just don't believe in carrying guns. I'm just trusting enough to believe in the system as Mr Dillman is. This is not the wild west where there are bad guys around every corner. So I guess I just don't get it. I run a large retail establishment, and firearms are the last thing we want. My employees are trained not to fight back!!! None of them carry guns. 

Thought, what if justwatching were at a Middies B-Ball game or football game? I shutter to think what might happen if he or she were in an area where a problem was occurring.

JMO,,,,is this what Middletown has become?
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by justwatching justwatching wrote:

I have to wonder why any store, especially Save-A-Lot, would post no gun signs. The concept of these signs absolutely baffles me. It's as if you think that a gunman is going to load his guns, make it his mission to kill the people in your store and then.... stop when he sees that sign. If anything, you have told the gunman, "Hey, come on in here, none of these good law abiding citizen's have guns, they're easy targets."

The only people who obey the no guns signs are the ones that could potentially save your life if a gunman were to enter your store. As a firm believer in concealed carry, I am always armed and I can guarantee you that you would be grateful if I were in your store one day when someone came in on a mission to kill your patrons and staff.

So my question Dillman is... why the signs? Who do you think you are protecting?

Very good question!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by justwatching justwatching wrote:

Smartman, you're not a smart man. It's not that I, or anyone else who carries, feels we need a gun at the local grocery store. It's the fact that you never know when you'll need it.

Well said!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 10:07pm
Thankfully, Ohio is leading the way in regards to firearm freedom, (respecting our second amendment rights)

Crime rates drop in CCW states, Ohio has also adopted the castle doctrine, thieves beware!

http://www.governor.ohio.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=641

You can always carry openly, without a permit.  You rarely see this though, if you did there's a good chance it would wrongly attract the attention of our local PD.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2009 at 2:08pm
Smartman I respect your opinion.  You might feel a little differently if you were involved in an incident ( I hope you never are).  With unemployment as high as it is right now - crime will increase.  Mr Dillmans sign will not stop crime, however he has a right to post it, and I will honor his wishes for his establishment.  There are more break ins at homes while the families are present - I will use any force I have to, to protect my family - and will not feel guilty.  I feel confortable with guns as I was raised around them and shot them all my life - I would strongly sugget anyone that has one - get training, join sportsman club so you can target practice.  They are not a toy. 
adamwlewis View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2009 at 2:45pm
Perfectly said Bobbie. They are not a toy at all, they are tool. And just like a table saw or any other tool, when used properly they are great, but improperly and it's a recipe for disaster.
Adam Lewis' Blog
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2009 at 2:52pm
Good points Bobby, Mr. Lewis!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic