FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not One Council Person Asked Why?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not One Council Person Asked Why?
    Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:21pm
I find it hard to believe even though there is pending legal action that not one Council Person bothered to even ask Gilleland WHY.

Not one Council person dared to ask:

Why did you have the flowers, shrubs, bushes or whatever was removed form the Cemetery removed?

Not even after the passionate pleas of Citizens to do something about it, nothing was said.  Council continues to blame the Citizens for their negative comments.......I just had to shake my head after todays lack of concern by Council or Councils lack of fairness over the Cemetery issue.

Unbelievable Folks.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:56pm

Pacman...I also was amazed. This was a childish chicken**** act.

I was also dumbfounded by the presentation of Mr. Joseph of CONSOC. Now that they have the contract, he didn't seem to have much interest. With the amount of money they are being paid,
seems like he could have had the charts printed in color instead of saying he accidentally printed them in greyscale making them hard to read. Probably was throwing something together at the last minute. If it weren't for Doug Adkins, the housing meeting would have been virtually non-existent. Of course it almost was, when Armbruster tried to adjourn it after about 5 minutes! LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 6:19am
Pac- was at the meeting last night. I am constantly amazed at the Citizens Comments portion of any council meeting. The citizen is asked if they want to make a comment. They are called. They present their message. AND COUNCIL JUST SITS THERE LIKE A TOAD ON A LOG LOOKING DUMBFOUNDED AT BEST AND UNCARING AND DISINTERESTED AT THE VERY LEAST. What is wrong with these people? Where does it state that they can't respond (like normal human beings do) in council's meetings? This portion of the meeting is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE AGENDA, where you council people INTERACT with the citizens! GET IT? Are they intimidated by Gilleland's presence? Have they been told by the MMF'ers not to delve too deeply into the decisions the city manager makes? What is the reason for the non-response concerning the cemetery issue? I thought the citizens presentations were compassionate, very well presented and left no doubt as to intent. Scott-Jones usually inquires on various subjects discussed. Even she remained quiet on the cemetery issue. Amazing and frustrating. Enough! They all must go, followed by the city manager, Adkins, Kohler and the other major players.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 6:53am
409- I agree. The presentation by the CONSOC people was hardly professional. They gave the impression that they had "other places to go" or that they had "more important things to do" than to be in that meeting. Doesn't appear to be a high class outfit, judging by their demeanor. I would think that there is a sense of urgency on the part of council to get this Section 8/welfare program in place seeing that it has been ignored for so many years. Heck, why not? They've already ruined the town with this Section 8 crap. No urgency here as they have decided to meet for a HALF HOUR EVERY MONTH to discuss a few items at a time. At that rate, and knowing how fast they all arrive at a decision, it will be two or three years before they have a viable program in place. Inept as ----.

How about Schiavone questioning why there weren't more bids for the $140,000 contract with the Westerville company for the inspection service! Wow! A glimpse of common sense and logic from a council member!(how many bids do you get for a big ticket item in your household- maybe three?) Every once in awhile, we all get a hint that someone on council is thinking. I liked Gilleland's "deer caught in the headlights" response. "I've been caught- quick, think of something"

Gilleland wanted to get Council to approve a $2 per month charge on your water bill for street lights. They said surrounding cities are charging people to keep the street lights on. This would amount to a small tax on all citizens. Marconi and others smiled as they looked at each other, knowing that it is election time and it would look bad, albeit only $2 per month, for them to approve this extra charge on your water bill. Of course, if they are re-elected these same people would be all over that to approve it. They're all two-faced.

Hey! 4 million plus in the budget to fix our streets. I'll believe it when I see it happening. They'll find a way to move the money to another fund before 2010 is over.

And then, there's the old hydraulic canal issue that cropped up again last night. Let's route that industrial water from Aeronca over to Smith Park. Better check the water quality out on a continual basis or you'll have another Dick's Creek episode. Hey Gary Barge- Armbruster said he wouldn't want that hydraulic sewage smell in his backyard! (but it's ok in yours, I guess)Heck, I thought we could pump this Aeronca water over to that pond in back of the Longford houses where he lives. Turn about is fair play when it comes to sewage smells and stagnant water!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 10:14am
The problem is Council and especially the City Admin don't feel they need to explain anything to the people that vote for them or are paying the bills.  I have to agree for not one comment from Admin as to why they did this is a disgrace.  It has reached a point where it is time for some of the Admin to go when they feel they are accountable to no one, in these types of matters.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 11:05am

I sent the following email to the Council Members this morning

Council Members

I thought I would share an email that I received this morning.
 People from all over the world email me requesting information and records
about family members that have lived or are buried here in
Middletown.
  Mr. McLeans family members are buried in the Middletown Cemetery and when I  send him all the information pertaining to his family, I will also request a donation for the
Middletown Cemetery Fund for my research time.
  Over the past five years these research funds have helped pay for the plants and materials used for the beautification and upkeep of the
Middletown Cemetery
  The plants that the City removed from the
Middletown Cemetery last week were paid for by research donations such as this.
I did not donate my research time to provide plants for other areas of
Middletown.
Vivian Moon
Middletown Cemetery Committee
(I attached the private message from Mr. McLean)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic