FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizens Comments About The Pioneer Cemetery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citizens Comments About The Pioneer Cemetery
    Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 10:12am

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 10:25am
Wonder why Mr. Richter omitted the Pioneer cemetery citizen comments from his report in the Journal this morning? He seemed to touch on most everything else last night.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 10:27am
I am having trouble downloading one of the videos from last night and its the one I really want so instead I will just post the transcript from it. 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 11:07am
Got the video I wanted to download

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 11:13am
Vet He was being so fair......as everyone on Council stated last night.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 11:47am
Sam Ashworth and Larry Mulligan are perfectly aware that my research donations were used for the restoration and upkeep of the Middletown Cemetery. They are the very people that deposited the funds into the Middletown Cemetery Fund account when it was at the Middletown Historical Society.
Gee...don't you think that Council Members should simply pick up the phone and ask these two gentlemen about this important facts?

I sent the following email to the Council Members this morning

Council Members
 I thought I would share an email that I received this morning.
 People from all over the world email me requesting information and records
about family members that have lived or are buried here in
Middletown.
  Mr. McLeans family members are buried in the Middletown Cemetery and when I  send him all the information pertaining to his family, I will also request a donation for the
Middletown Cemetery Fund for my research time.
  Over the past five years these research funds have helped pay for the plants and materials used for the beautification and upkeep of the
Middletown Cemetery
  The plants that the City removed from the
Middletown Cemetery last week were paid for by research donations such as this.
I did not donate my research time to provide plants for other areas of
Middletown.
Vivian Moon

Middletown Cemetery Committee
(I attached the private message from Mr. McLean)

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 2:14pm
Anyone pay any attention to Chris Amburgey's presentation on the census? He stated that many people think it is another way for government to pry into your lives by checking on the makeup of your household. He also said that wasn't true and that the census was for government representation in Washington. Apparently, they're getting ready to take a few reps away because Ohio is losing population.

I was thinking how they would handle the 5 or 6 guys living in one apartment in Village East. We lived there for a few months in 2005 when we got back from Tucson and before we bought a house. There were 5 or 6 people of the Latino persuasion living in the apartment building and they all worked at the Mexican place (Rancho Grande?) out by the freeway. They would come and go at all hours, walking across the parking lot of O'Charley's, crossing 122 and over the guardrail to go down to the restaurant to work. Village East had two surprise inspections to check that the same number of people reported, was the same number living in the apartments. So, how could the census be accurate in today's transient society with all the green card workers, the illegals and "others"? Or how about accounting for the group of six cable laying guys of Latino persuasion where only one spoke English? The roofer sub-contractors where only one in six speak English? How will they handle that? Do these people count in the census numbers?
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2009 at 9:50pm

Yeap Obama and his liberal mob want to count any and all illegals as they see it as a way to insure they get re elected.

da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 8:24am
I finally got a chance to sit and watch the Council Meeting on TV Middletown and the Citizens Comments.  I wish I could have been there to see the faces of everyone on council. Each time one finished they showed Mr. Marconi and Mr Armbruster and Tony you should be ashamed of the way you smirk and grin when these people finished talking.  I am part of this Middletown Cemetery Committee and I am so proud of the coments that each of the four people made at the council meeting.  I just wish the City would do what is right for this Cemetery and stop all the BS about the funding.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Yeap Obama and his liberal mob want to count any and all illegals as they see it as a way to insure they get re elected.

I'm not disputing that fact, but I just want to add that George W. Bush and the Republicans also pushed amnesty, and the incorrect term "Undocumented Workers".
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2009 at 9:55pm
From MJ:

Historic cemetery dispute continues to simmer

By Ed Richter, Staff Writer 9:15 PM Monday, October 26, 2009

The dispute between the city and a group of residents who have been taking care of the Historic Middletown Cemetery is getting worse, since the city pulled out several flower beds and replaced them with grass.

Earlier this month, city crews took out nearly $5,000 in plants that were reportedly overgrown. Some of the flower bulbs were transplanted at other city parks, according to David Duritsch, city public works and utilities director.

He said the city has limited funds to maintain the cemetery and chose to plant grass for easier maintenance, rather than maintaining the flower beds.

Last week, Middletown City Council members heard complaints from several residents concerned about the cemetery and its upkeep. The First Avenue cemetery is the final resting place for 7,000 people, including many of the city’s founding families and industrialists and more than 230 military veterans of the Revolutionary through the Vietnam wars.

Don Thompson questioned the actions of the Public Works Department, calling it “simply deplorable and, in my view, unprofessional and unethical.”

“In my view, the city leadership should be ashamed — ashamed of their allowing the cemetery vault building to be ready to fall down, allowing gravestones to be loosened, broken and tossed around just so lawn-mowers can mow at 30 mph, unilaterally destroying flower beds that volunteers provided to enhance cemetery grounds, and ignoring their responsibility for proper cemetery management,” Thompson said.

Thompson challenged city officials to remedy the situation before Memorial Day in May 2010.

Another resident whose husband is buried there, Marjorie Root Anderson of Woodburn Avenue, called the cemetery “an absolute disgrace.”

She said an Veterans Affairs marker for her husband’s grave was ordered, but was placed on the wrong grave.

Anderson also said “the vault is the focal point (of the cemetery) and should not be bulldozed as requested by the mayor or city manager.”

“Where did you find the time to destroy this (to pull out the flower beds,” she asked.

Duritsch said was no reason for city crews to be touching gravestones.

Last spring, lead cemetery volunteer Vivian Moon, complained to council about the cemetery’s maintenance and eventually filed a complaint with the Ohio Cemetery Dispute Resolution Commission.

A hearing was slated for September, but was rescheduled at the city’s request. The hearing is now scheduled for Dec. 17 in Columbus.

Because the issue is in litigation before that commission, the city law department has advised council members and city employees against talking with Moon or making public comments on the issue.

City officials are making an effort to reach out to Moon to try to resolve the matter.

City Manager Judy Gilleland sent Moon an email last Friday seeking a mediation meeting with her and several others to discuss the matter.

Last Friday, Moon said she would be contacting other cemetery volunteers first before getting back with Gilleland.

I think we all know what it means when the city reaches out! Big%20smile
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:13am
I hope (but doubt it) that the city pays back what there employee's tore up. Also I thought there was a fund set aside for the maintance on the cemetary? If so Im taken it that the city once again got the money out of the account and use to on another account. They seem to do that alot.Rob peter to pay Paul. Think that should be the council's new logo. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic