FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown's Pioneer Cemetery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 9:54pm
yep just came from Cemetery Gates are Locked!!  Wonder if they will open it tomorrow and sunday?
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2009 at 10:42pm
da that would entail OT and possibly make a few citizens happy.  Can't have that.  Hate to be the employee that has to run around every day at 8 am and 3 pm to lock it up.

It is like children having the TV taken away from them.  City has hit a new low.
Gary Barge View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2009 at 2:18pm
Vivian
I hope and pray that the citizens of Middletown elect all new council members and start fresh from ground zero. I am still beside myself over the cemetary issue. Don't be fooled. I have been watching every move that our administration has been making over this issue. I can guarantee you if I were your representative at this time  heads would have rolled. Unfortunately I am still just a "usual suspect" as they like to call concerned citizens. I am on a very tight budget this year for campaigning so I am trying to get out the vote anyway possible. Let the cemetary commission know they have my full support. I know how it feels after 6 years working on the canal I think that we finally have come to common ground and they agreed at the last council meeting to move the discharge downstream to eliminate the nusiance. If elected in Nov 3 I will work just as hard on all the issues that has brought our city to the brink of destruction. Thanks for your vote of confidence and the cemetary committee.
Gary Barge
1st Ward Candidate
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 7:41am
Just to update everyone...I still have not heard who ordered the removal of the plants or where the plants were moved too. Maybe they are now located in City workers yards.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 11:30am
Passed the cemetery at 11:00 this morning.
Gates are locked!!!
This is pathetic.
I suppose a saturday burial would be out of the question, assuming they were also locked yesterday.  Angry
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 11:59am
Well you wait until one of the families drives all the way to Ohio and can't visit the cemetery and call me. I WILL BE GIVING OUT COUNCIL MEMEBERS HOME PHONE NUMBERS FOR THEM TO CALL...and they will be very very angry when they call.

Maybe they should call Hamilton and find out how they open and close their cemeteries?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 2:32pm
409 brings up an interesting question...is the city still allowing burials in Pioneer ? Are there plots still available ? Who has the key to the gate ? Police ? Funeral homes ? City employee ?

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 4:05pm

Yes, we are still doing burials at Middletown Cemetery. Edwin Anderson was buried in August 2009.

No plots are not for sell. You must now own a plot to be buied at this cemetery.

Because of sloppy record keeping by the City over the years we do not know if there are available lots.

I'm still working on proving just who and where people are buried in this cemetery. For the past five years I have been pulling all the death certificates and obituaries of those buried here to help prove these facts.

I believe the Public Works Dept has the keys to this cemetery.

Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 12:06pm
Hi friends,
really its a nice photograph of cemetery.

Thanks
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8"> < name="GENERATOR" ="Office.org 3.1 Linux"> < ="text/">

Cemetery Markers

angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2010 at 10:15pm
A couple of months ago, Mr. Phelps informed Ms. Moon that the beds were going to be removed and returned to grass. 
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 10:31pm
If he does not respond, then it should be very telling about his commitment to his constituents and citizens in general.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic