FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown = future SUPER CITY ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown = future SUPER CITY ??
    Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 2:25pm
Probably like everyone here at MUSA I am very curious about the "Renaissance East" project and I've wondered,like everybody else,why council and others have ignored,overlooked,abandoned whatever you want to call it, the downtown area. And with the latest planning commission meeting (video that wasteful posted) concerning the zoning changes and ludicrous rules for the Renaissance area I stumbled across something this morning that confirmed,somewhat,what I've been saying about downtown.

With Middeltown "moving" to the east side it is being hailed as a "Future Super City". (Perhaps this is old news but I'm just finding out) I won't mention the website where I found this information because I don't know who posted it or whats behind it. But apparently the golden plan is to move Middeltown in it's entirety to the east side. I've sarcastically joked on here about moving downtown to the east but never realized that was the plan in actuality, or at least it appears that way. (maybe everyone else knew it and I'm just slow)

With the zoning changes and the pressure being put on existing business out that way, what better way to drive out property owners and end up with the property to fulfill the plan ? Plus, why did it take this long to get the post office to do the zip code survey ? Then you still have 2 future interstate interchanges coming at Manchester and Greentree. (apparently these are still on the drawing board)

But it does answer the question of why the present downtown is in such shambles. Why pour money into downtown when the whole downtown will be relocated. And I have no idea who coined Middletown as the "future super city" or why. The slow/high speed rail station plans for the present downtown apparently is going to the east side next to I-75 if the rail follows the interstate.

So as we all try to guess what the cities up to take this with a grain of salt. It may be nothing, you may know it already and ruled it out, but don't shoot the messenger.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 2:47pm
Hermes that would be a natural progression, as I have heard rumors that other organizations that are based in the Downtown Area are also looking to move closer to the East End.  Downtown is finished and over with.  The best use for the land now is Residential.  Middletown can't support restaurants just look at 56 Degree and BBQ Junction as examples yet we are going to make an Art District Downtown.  I still scratch my head at that one with 22+% poverty and all of the other issues that seem to not matter to anyone at City Halll or Council, but man that Art District we will travel to work on that one.

Question is won't it be difficult to move that Taj Mahal of a City Building down Roosevelt to the East End?

Oh and as far as the "Future Super City" here you go, took all of 60 seconds to find it on Google.  http://www.everestrealestate.com/PDF/Office/Renaissance%20Multi%20Family%20Brochure.pdf
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 3:44pm
Well if the "Renaissance East" is the "New Super City” I must ask where is that tall shiny wonderful office building for A K Steel Corp.?
Hmm….Oh, I know…Kohler wouldn’t approve their design. They must have wanted their name on the building also and that would have been tacky tacky.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 3:44pm
Pacman - I was wondering where that super city label came from. I guess it's suppose to be a good marketing slogan ?

It strikes me as odd that it seems the city is keeping all this hush-hush. If the move is suppose to be good how come we never hear about it ? If it something they are all proud of and want to promote looks like you'd be seeing it and hearing it all over the place. Billboards,radio spots,TV that sort of thing.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Well if the "Renaissance East" is the "New Super City” I must ask where is that tall shiny wonderful office building for A K Steel Corp.?
Hmm….Oh, I know…Kohler wouldn’t approve their design. They must have wanted their name on the building also and that would have been tacky tacky.

The problem there was Boehner got to AK first.  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic