FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lrisner for you more Welfare the ObamaPhone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lrisner for you more Welfare the ObamaPhone
    Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 1:38pm
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

More Give Me, Give Me, Give MeThumbs%20Down

As usual, you speak without knowing. Are you familiar with this Program?  Well, I am to some degree. The Phones come from Tracfone, a big prepaid Cell company. The way I understand it, the phones come with 68 minutes a month free and if you want more, you have to pay for them.

The way the Program was explained to me, it amounted to a Company working with the Government to get Phones in the Hands of those needing them and in the mean time make a little "green" off the ones who buy more minutes every month.

It sounded like a profit motive thing to me, but of course, as soon as you thought some poor person might be getting a little Meat with their Porridge, you got upset.

Chill  a little. You don't have to be so greedy.

lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 4:34pm
Oh yea......It's LRisner (lrisner). Not hammering you, it is an easy mistake to make.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 6:26pm
I wonder if I can get Obama to pay for my home phone and DSL ?

I have no need for a cell phone so surely he won't discriminate.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 1:57am
Don't loose too much sleep over these "free phones" I know someone that just recieved one and they can barely make calls on them thy are so cheap.The person I know that has one of these can not afford any other type of phone so yes it is good for emergencies,not all people in this country are useless benefit sucking scumbags.Some are hard working people that are just down on thier luck.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

...not all people in this country are useless benefit sucking scumbags...
I was going to make a joke about "no, some are politicians", but I didn't want to insult the useless, benefit-sucking scumbags!!!
LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 6:33am
Bocephus, what the hell did we all do before cell phones?  How did everyone survive?  As far as being cheap maybe we ought appropriate some more tax dollars and get them all iphones, then they can surf the net and just in case they get lost between the grocery store and home they can whip up a map. Geeeeeeezzz.  As long as the handouts continue to fly many people will never do for themselves.

lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 10:22am
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

Bocephus, what the hell did we all do before cell phones?  How did everyone survive?  As far as being cheap maybe we ought appropriate some more tax dollars and get them all iphones, then they can surf the net and just in case they get lost between the grocery store and home they can whip of a map. Geeeeeeezzz.  As long as the handouts continue to fly many people will never do for themselves.

Try and find a Pay Phone to use for Doctor Appts. or legit business now a days if you can't afford a Home Phone. You will have little luck.

My Cell died in Dayton and I needed desperately to call home. No pay phones any where! I had to beg a business to let me use their for a Collect Call, I had no choice. Of course I was Dressed "expensively" and had Cash and credit cards in my pocket. Would they have done the same for a poor Person?

I am beginning to see that some on here just bitch and moan Emotionally without ever having any facts. Why so much hate for  the poor in an era of 10.5% unemployment?

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:04am
I know someone who has been unemployed for twelve years now, and has never collected anything from the government, yet they manage to get by.  How???  Hard work and good planning during the 30+ years before becoming unemployed!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:47am
LRISNER I have no cell phone and I get by just fine without one.  It is not hate for the poor, that is solely in your own mind, but it reaches a point when you must say enough is enough.  Unless you are disabled in some way get up and get a job, get two jobs if you have to if you want a cell phone.

Food , Housing, Assistance with Utility Bills, Medical care, these are all necessities.....a cell phone....sorry I am not buying it.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 2:43pm
Yes my friend planned poorly and "wasted" a lot of money over his 50+ years as most of us are guilty of but if a person runs into bad health at some point in their life and may or may not be prepared for it.I guess I have a different view of my friend knowing his work record and his personal story.To some people this phone could be a life line.And oh yes Im sure these "free" phones are being exploited by scum sucking bottom feeders too LOL
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 2:45pm
Besides Obama and the Spendocrats are probably getting some kick back from tracphone for the extra minutes being purchased to use on the free phones LOL
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

LRISNER I have no cell phone and I get by just fine without one.  It is not hate for the poor, that is solely in your own mind, but it reaches a point when you must say enough is enough.  Unless you are disabled in some way get up and get a job, get two jobs if you have to if you want a cell phone.

Food , Housing, Assistance with Utility Bills, Medical care, these are all necessities.....a cell phone....sorry I am not buying it.

Again...No home Phone! Poor people can't affford home Phones. Do you have a Home Phone? Could you get by just fine without it?

I have plenty of Cell phones. I have all that I need. I am retired at 53 and don't hate anyone.

I am just sick to death of all the dis-info in the world today. Most People with the anger you have is what I call a Rushbo "useful Idiot". Someone who has their mouth running all the time without knowing anything of the Subject but what some Pundit told them to think.

As to the Program at hand, like the hard Head type you are, you ignored the fact that I all but told you it was funded by Tracfone for the purpose of selling high priced minutes to poor people.

Just another example of you complaining without knowing.
I explained "Total Compensation" for you in the hope  you would shut up because some City Worker has better Health Insurance than you. Did you shut up? No. 

You just want to whine! Mindless Whining!

And you all wonder why City officials won't comment on here about issues.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 6:43pm

Yes my friend planned poorly and "wasted" a lot of money over his 50+ years as most of us are guilty...
Yes, I too, was guilty of waste!!!  I did not marry until I was 44.  While a bachelor, I spent 75% of my money on women, alcohol, and fancy cars.

The rest, I just WASTED!!! LOL LOL LOL 
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 7:11pm
lrisner do you throw these temper tantrums at home also?  Can you not state your position without the name calling and insults?   For someone that claims not to 'HATE' you sure can't demonstrate that in your comments.  I would suggest if the only way that you can enter a discussion is with name calling and insults, you refrain from making any comments, but I know you won't be able to control yourself.  That is unfortunate.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Yes my friend planned poorly and "wasted" a lot of money over his 50+ years as most of us are guilty...
Yes, I too, was guilty of waste!!!  I did not marry until I was 44.  While a bachelor, I spent 75% of my money on women, alcohol, and fancy cars.

The rest, I just WASTED!!! LOL LOL LOL 
LOL LOL LOL
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 9:24pm
Its just another government give away! I am sick of it. Saw an advertisement today for a govt sponsored home phone give away! Where will it end? Talk about waste, we live in Obamaville where everyone,,,well those he deems fit receive freebies!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 7:24am
Quote As to the Program at hand, like the hard Head type you are, you ignored the fact that I all but told you it was funded by Tracfone for the purpose of selling high priced minutes to poor people.

Actually Lrisner the program is paid for by the carriers from a fee,  Universal Service Charge, that they add to your cell phone bill so you are paying a quasi tax to the telecoms to support this program.  So as you can see anyone that has a cell phone and pays a bill is basically being taxed to fund this program.

"USF by telecommunications carriers collected from the Universal Service Charge billed to cell phone users accounts."

Tracfone supplies the Phone which basically anyone can go to Walmart and get the phone for free as the price you pay for the phone is basically refunded to you in Service time and minutes when you activate it.   Just stay with the basic phones.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic