FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who Will Attend Today?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alldaywatching View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alldaywatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Will Attend Today?
    Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 6:45pm
I will be there tomorrow and I ask Who else will show up ? Please speak up!!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 6:49pm
I SHALL be there!!! 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 6:52pm
I will be. Have bondman on speed dial just in case are spineless leaders try to push there weight around. Thumbs%20Up
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 7:24pm
I will be there
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 10:23pm
Sorry, bad time for me because of my work.
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 10:50pm
I am a little disappointed in the turn out on this site when it comes to support for this event. I have been reading this blog for a long time and I liked just how vocal everyone is. I guess when it comes right down to it typing on a key board is as involved as most of you want to be. SAD !!!

I will be there tomorrow, I wish I was a member that had more than just a few post cause I would call some avid posters out for not supporting this event. There are some names that I see posting on topics everyday with big opinions on some issues but their names are missing from this topic. Interesting Very Interesting.
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:42pm
I will be there. It's a shame that the city officials have been so disrespectful to Ms. Moon and the families that have loved ones buried there. Their behavior shows their true opinion of Middletown. They don't care about the future so why should they care about the past. I think Ms. Moon accomplished too much, too efficiently and made them all look bad. How dare she not back down when they said no. The new visiting hours, M-F from 8:30 to 3 does not offer working people a chance to visit the graves. How stupidly petty and juvenile. I hope everyone turns out for this and to vote. 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:50pm
I am not sure how much press this event will get, but I will be there with my video camera to capture the event.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 5:53am
Originally posted by Mr. Dave Mr. Dave wrote:

I will be there tomorrow, I wish I was a member that had more than just a few post cause I would call some avid posters out for not supporting this event. There are some names that I see posting on topics everyday with big opinions on some issues but their names are missing from this topic. Interesting Very Interesting.
Mr. Dave,
While I do appreciate what you are saying, I ask you not to be too quick to judge.  As you may have noticed from this entire fiasco, our City Hall can be very vindictive.  Many of the posters here are have businesses.  The largest employers in town are "cozy" with city hall. 

Time after time, as I talk with other citizens I hear words such as "If the city found out who I am, they would find reasons to shut me down or ruin my business." or "My boss is buddy-buddy with _________ at the city.  If I go public, I would get fired."

Especially in these times, we must try to understand that the well-being and even the very existence of many folks' families are, at least in their eyes, at stake.  In America, the government is supposed to fear the people.  In Middletown, the people fear the government.  It is up to those of us who feel that we are in a position to do so, to step up...no matter how few we may be.  Perhaps if, by doing so, we can show others that we CAN begin to make a difference, we will encourage others to stand with us.  Perhaps just a few at a time at first, hopefully in droves later.  But someone must take a first step forward. 

I am old and half feeble.  I will be honored to have you, and anyone else who feels that they can, stand with me.

I do hope to see you there tomorrow.

Either way...

Best regards, Sir,
Mike

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 10:24am
If you go to some of the poster's profile they have there name in it.As mine is. But some do have to keep there name off cos of the repercussions.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 10:53am

Middletown City Council candidate Gary Barge informed MiddletownUSA.com that he plans on attending today’s rally. He went on to say that what is going on in Middletown’s Pioneer Cemetery is not right and something needs to be done. Mr. Barge also plans on speaking at today’s rally.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 11:05am

Mike and other bloggers, I can't be at the cemetery today because of a commitment to a very ill relative. A few things for you to remember:

1. The city does NOT own the cemetery. The owners of the plots own the cemetery. The city has the duty to maintain the cemetery out of the perpetual fund. If the city workers can't do the job right, then the city should hire someone that can do the job CORRECTLY. They should be paid from the perpetual fund.

2. If the city claims not to have the money in the perpetual fund, then the Attorney General of the State, in my opinion, should come in to investigate this felony.

3. Cutting the hours so much as to keep most working people from visiting their family members buried at the cemetery is, in my opinion, another criminal act that should be investigated.

4. Destruction of a cemetery by ANYONE is a criminal act. Destruction of an Historic Site by anyone is a criminal act. Anyone who thinks that the city owns the cemetery and can do as they wish should see number 1.
Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 1:31pm
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 5:36pm
Pacman
This was a GREAT READ! I have a large book that tells about the old burial customs here in American and it is filled with some very interesting and sometimes even humors information.
Here in Middletown many many years ago the people would line the streets to show their respects. Old articles state that if it was an adult being buried the horses were black and if it was a child the horses were white. 
Thank you so much for posting this information.
aka The Cemetery Lady
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic