FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Train a Comin' ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 1:16am
I wonder why the Revlos building needs to be included. You would expect the strip center to provide a large enough space for the planned development. I'm all for removing the strip center, current gas station, and offiice outfitters building, but I don't think demolishing the historic Revlos building is necessary.

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 11:01am
Originally posted by insider insider wrote:

Seems like swohio75 is an insider at city hall.

I am hardly an insider, trust me on that one. Everything I said is a matter of public record. You just need to know where to look. It's on the City Council agenda this week, and the development plan is part of the Workbook available on the City's Web site. Use Butler County Property Records to determine which parcels are included.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 9:05am
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

So Duncan is going to redevelop the parcels of property on the south side of Central from the RR tracks to Grimes, including the the strip center that houses Jacks and the Revelos building.  City will purchase property and turn it over to Duncan.  In exchange, Duncan will tear down structures and turn over the property they own around the train station (including the old Office Outfitters building) to the city after it is demolished.  
Roger that! This is what I was refering to in earlier posts.
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 8:58am
Seems like insider is trying to figure out who SWOhio75 is, With a name like insider one might think you are the city worker. Are you upset that SW might be leaking info you'd rather not see leaked?
insider View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 7:58am
Seems like swohio75 is an insider at city hall.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 11:19am
So Duncan is going to redevelop the parcels of property on the south side of Central from the RR tracks to Grimes, including the the strip center that houses Jacks and the Revelos building.  City will purchase property and turn it over to Duncan.  In exchange, Duncan will tear down structures and turn over the property they own around the train station (including the old Office Outfitters building) to the city after it is demolished.  
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 11:00am
Look for City Council to discuss the Duncan Oil project at their meeting on Dec. 1
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:28pm
The only thing we have for Vet is big Bengal suit, yours I will have to look into, you want the extra protection in yours right?
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

The foil hat does not work any more. The Government is wise to that trick. Now a days you have to buy a full foil suit, and your in luck cause we just happen to sell them.  Big%20smile

How much for a full suit ? Can I get one for Vet too ? (as long as the price is right) LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:14pm

No Mike I am talking about the Famous 3 C and  1 M (maybe) Passenger Train, that has the city a buzz with ideas of grandeur dancing in their heads.

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:09pm

The foil hat does not work any more. The Government is wise to that trick. Now a days you have to buy a full foil suit, and your in luck cause we just happen to sell them.  Big%20smile

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

It is my understanding that they were to use existing tracks for this rail system.
If you are speaking of a "light rail" system using these same tracks, it is very impractical and therefore highly improbable.

Most people who have never been involved with "people-moving systems" (this includes nearly everyone at City Hall) don't realize that "light rail" has NOTHING to do with the weight of the rails.  Some "light rail" systems use no steel rails at all but use other types of "guideways".

Just one more reason why City Hall deserves to be criticized for appointing know-it-all know-nothings as delegates to organizations such as OKI, just so they can jazz up their resumes.  In their ignorance, they promote stupid ideas, and try to foist them off on the public, ultimately doing nothing but wasting public funds and betraying the public trust.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:02pm
Randy - The singing woke me up ! Your right,I'm not putting clothes on for anybody or anything !!  LOL

I'm not about to leave the house,well unless of course I'm wearing my aluminum foil hat to keep the government from reading my thoughts. And those damn pesky red light cameras,another reason I won't leave the house. Wacko
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

I just seen Schiavone,Scott-Jones,Becker and Gilleland marching toward the train depot holding hands and singing that Johnny Cash song " ♪ I hear that train a coming,it's coming around the bend ♫"  LOL 

Hermes, we all know this is not true, you would have had to put clothes on and leave the house to see that happen.  Big%20smile
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 3:43pm
I just seen Schiavone,Scott-Jones,Becker and Gilleland marching toward the train depot holding hands and singing that Johnny Cash song " ♪ I hear that train a coming,it's coming around the bend ♫"  LOL 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 2:51pm

I believe that deal was pretty much finalized until  Duncan ran into financial trouble.

Duncan was then unable or un-willing to follow through on the overall plan to re-develop the area into a service station/convenience store location. The was also squabbling over the worth of the small connecting land parcel when Mr.F wanted more $$$. Now that he is gone and city admin is allegedly working closely with the new management of the Finkleman group.

If this area DOES become a rail stop, the old Office Outfitter's/Alber's(remember then?) location could be serious property, though not exactly located in a high0rent upscale area. You would still have to address the surrounding neighborhood and Central Ave.situation.

I can't see the Whistle Stop area as being large enough to support a new rail station, particularly squeezed between Central Ave.and Manchester Ave(north/south) and University.Charles(east/west). . Maybe the other former train stop north would be a better location IF the dead manufacturing(brownfield to be) space was eliminated, opening up a much-cleaner, open situation.

jmo
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

Watch Duncan rise from the ashes nearby! Wink

You know, this was the plan several years ago.  The city had been working with Duncan Oil to relocate and rebuild their station.  They were slated to redevelop the old Office Outfitters property.  This required two things:

1.) Al's Big Muffler to relocate elsewhere (a plan was in the works)
2.) Duncan to work out a deal with Finkleman family on a small parcel of land on Charles street near the old Office Outfitters building

The end result was going to be a new, larger and modern station, redeveloped block and the old station was to come down.  The Finkleman family was to then acquire the old property (I believe in exchange for the strip of land on Charles) and turn it into green space with a new fountain, just as it had originally been.  This was going to be in memory/dedication to the family. 

Not sure what ended up happening with that deal though. 
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 1:00pm
Watch Duncan rise from the ashes nearby! Wink
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 12:22pm
I was told that the Station got robbed too much and Duncan just threw in the towel.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 11:06am
I believe these are two different initatives - one is for light rail (commuter) and one is for passenger rail.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 10:40am
I agree with Hermes - don't get excited over anything yet.  If you were a business man and had to choose the route - most would take it up 71 because you would run past Kings Island - Great Wolf Lodge and all that. 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 9:50am
gemneye - just do a search on the high speed rail for further info.

Plus there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that the rail will even take the Cincinnati to Dayton route. It could go from Cincy up I-71 to Columbus then on to Cleveland if thats the route they choose. Actually that makes more sense than coming through Middeltown. I fail to understand the excitement of something that has not even materialized yet. This country as a whole is in deep doo-doo. Obama is throwing money like it grows on trees. The estimated cost for a rail in Ohio is over $500 million ! I guess maybe the Chinese could pay to have it built. So don't go getting all excited like our city politicians over something that is non-existent.
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 7:49am
I hadn't heard a train might follow I-75...are there articles out there discussing this option?
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 12:46pm
It will be costly to remove the gas station.  There is a lot of EPA work to be done.  Underground tanks removed and all.  I hope the city does not have to pay for this.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2009 at 11:00am
Vivian....Duncan Oil owns it.
             But have a feeling the city will soon own it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic