FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Train a Comin' ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2009 at 4:28pm
The only thing we have for Vet is big Bengal suit, yours I will have to look into, you want the extra protection in yours right?
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 11:00am
Look for City Council to discuss the Duncan Oil project at their meeting on Dec. 1
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 11:19am
So Duncan is going to redevelop the parcels of property on the south side of Central from the RR tracks to Grimes, including the the strip center that houses Jacks and the Revelos building.  City will purchase property and turn it over to Duncan.  In exchange, Duncan will tear down structures and turn over the property they own around the train station (including the old Office Outfitters building) to the city after it is demolished.  
insider View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 7:58am
Seems like swohio75 is an insider at city hall.
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 8:58am
Seems like insider is trying to figure out who SWOhio75 is, With a name like insider one might think you are the city worker. Are you upset that SW might be leaking info you'd rather not see leaked?
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 9:05am
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

So Duncan is going to redevelop the parcels of property on the south side of Central from the RR tracks to Grimes, including the the strip center that houses Jacks and the Revelos building.  City will purchase property and turn it over to Duncan.  In exchange, Duncan will tear down structures and turn over the property they own around the train station (including the old Office Outfitters building) to the city after it is demolished.  
Roger that! This is what I was refering to in earlier posts.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 11:01am
Originally posted by insider insider wrote:

Seems like swohio75 is an insider at city hall.

I am hardly an insider, trust me on that one. Everything I said is a matter of public record. You just need to know where to look. It's on the City Council agenda this week, and the development plan is part of the Workbook available on the City's Web site. Use Butler County Property Records to determine which parcels are included.

SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 1:16am
I wonder why the Revlos building needs to be included. You would expect the strip center to provide a large enough space for the planned development. I'm all for removing the strip center, current gas station, and offiice outfitters building, but I don't think demolishing the historic Revlos building is necessary.

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 7:58am

Well it seems the “Manchester Plan” is moving right along.
Now they just need to move the back lot of Ted’s Rental and they can demo all the old housing down
Manchester Ave.
to “Their New Downtown Core”.
Then they will only need their I-75 Manchester Exit to connect it all together.
While I’m all for cleaning up the properties around the train tracks I do not believe that the new train and station will have an impact on the economy of
Middletown
.  I’m afraid we are into another “build it and they will come” project.

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

I’m afraid we are into another “build it and they will come” project.

But Middletown is not the only community rushing to this. Look at Springfield.

Granted, it's a risk. But I guarantee you folks here would be screaming that the city had no vision ten years from now if we did not get the station and Hamilton did and it was a major success.

nezitiC nwotelddiM View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nezitiC nwotelddiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 11:52am
I was in the Revelos Building last year.  It was in bad shape.  I would estimate maybe 100,000 + would be needed to fix that place up.  I doubt any developer has that kind of money  to invest in a failing town.  
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 12:50pm
I guess I'm an old fuddy when it comes to this train deal,I don't get the excitement about something that is non-existent. Final plans and conclusions have not even been drawn up by anyone yet,but yet here you have towns and cities ready to build muti-million dollar train stations for a ghost train !! And what happens when Hamilton,Middeltown and Dayton all build their ghost train stations and then the politicians decide the train will follow I-71 ? What then ?

Stupid is as stupid does.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 1:20pm
What happens Hermes is Middletown City Hall and Council, go oooppppps we screwed up again, so sorry we wasted more of your money and time.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

What happens Hermes is Middletown City Hall and Council, go oooppppps we screwed up again, so sorry we wasted more of your money and time.

Yeah it's only tax payer money,no big deal,if they need more they know where to get it. Besides,all that money coming from DC is all FREE !! They grow it on tree's in DC and then just pass it out ! LOL
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 5:43pm
I heard today that Jacks pool hall closes tomorrow.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2009 at 6:33pm
Hermes, there is no serious discussion about routing the line up 71 between Cincinnati and Columbus. That may have happened a long time ago, but the current plan is to connect via Dayton. This is the final plan that was submitted to the federal government for stimulus funding.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 9:06am
With Hamilton being the home of Butler County offices and a larger city than Mddletown, would this train by-pass Hamilton for Middletown? Is this local stop a sure thing?

Seems like connecting County govt. and state govt. in Columbus would be a more natural/functional route. Would this train stop in both Hamilton and Middletown?
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 10:50am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

With Hamilton being the home of Butler County offices and a larger city than Mddletown, would this train by-pass Hamilton for Middletown? Is this local stop a sure thing?

Because it is more of a direct route.  If you look at the proposed route, it would have to "jag" a bit to the west to stop in Hamilton.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 11:40am
Ok the train is coming ! A new deal will be made to acquire the Shamrock station in order to do what ? Build a new train station ? Sorry about the negativity folks but I see a gigantic blunder coming. I wish I could be more positive but I've seen to much stupidity coming out of the city building. I'll leave it alone and walk away, I wish the best for everyone who thinks Middeltown will boom by getting the train stop and the multi-million dollar bike path. Good luck !

"And thats all I got to say about that"  Sleepy
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 3:18pm

I'll reiterate what I said in another post on this topic:

Folks, I hate to burst your bubble, but it has never been part of the plan to build a new train station.  All documents I've read related to the Ohio Hub and 3C Line indicate using EXISTING stations.  And that includes the existing Middletown station.  Now, I have no doubt that the city will need to acquire the historic train station from the Finkleman family, and likely at a pretty penny.  But there is not going to be a new train station.

You can view a conceptual plan for the Middletown Station on page 5 of the following document:

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

Middletown also has one other thing that Hamilton does not.  An established, functional and funded mass transportation system in the city that can easily be modified to accomodate rail passenger traffic. 

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 4:32pm
true swohio--however if you take the local bus, your destination would be? Atrium? MU-M?
Those headed to these locations might prefer a taxi, and we aren't that strong in that area.
Or they would have a pre-arranged pick-up.
We still need a few destinations and reasons to get off of the train.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

I'll reiterate what I said in another post on this topic:

Folks, I hate to burst your bubble, but it has never been part of the plan to build a new train station.  All documents I've read related to the Ohio Hub and 3C Line indicate using EXISTING stations.  And that includes the existing Middletown station.  Now, I have no doubt that the city will need to acquire the historic train station from the Finkleman family, and likely at a pretty penny.  But there is not going to be a new train station.

You can view a conceptual plan for the Middletown Station on page 5 of the following document:

I lied I can't stay away from the topic,sorry. swohio do you really believe what your saying ? If the city has no plans to build a new station (and yes I read the flyer) then why the land deal with Standard Oil ? Can't the depot operate with the gas station in it's present location ? Plus in order to meet safety standards and regulations a whole lot of work will have to be done to the present depot if it stays. Who's kidding who here ? And like everyone says, what is this train going to do for the city ? Everything that has been built new is on the east side of town, anything coming to town will no doubt want to locate over there. There is nothing in Middletown that would attract anyone ! If you ride the train into Middeltown and need to go to a business or the hospital then you have to find a way to get there because the train just dumped you 5 miles from your destination and that my friend is stupidity.

But you know what the dumbest thing is about the train & street cars ? 40-60 years ago everyone had them and got rid of them !!! Unlike Europe who has maintained trains & streetcars for over 100 years, we the people of the CAPITALISTIC USA decided we didn't need them due to automobiles !!!!!

I guess the next big thing Middeltown will want is to bring back the streetcars. Wacko
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 6:17pm
Sticking everyone on Trains is exactly what the terrorists want. They love it when lots of people are forced into small places where they can do the most harm.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

Sticking everyone on Trains is exactly what the terrorists want. They love it when lots of people are forced into small places where they can do the most harm.

Where did that come from John ? Shocked ↑↑↑↑↑
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic