FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bike Path Dedication

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bike Path Dedication
    Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 8:56am
Taken from the Weekly update from the city manger to city council

Bike Path Dedication
The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the Great Miami River Recreational Trail was held Friday, November 20, 2009 @ 2:00 p.m.

The work on this two mile section of the trail has been funded by the Ohio Department of  Natural Resources, the Middletown Community Foundation, the Arthur Harvey Foundation, the Barnitz Fund and the Miami Conservancy District.  We are thrilled to have this extension of the bike path open and look forward to the next extension which will take us nearly to the Franklin city limits where the 250 mile path continues into Dayton and beyond. 

Bike Path Project Change Order

We will be bringing a change order to City Council on December 1st for approximately $10,000 for the bike path project.  The additional cost was incurred due to a shortage of useable embankment material on the job, causing offsite embankment to be hauled in.  Also, additional seeding and mulching was required to restore the affected areas along the new path.  This will be a supplemental appropriation that will be paid for with the available grant funds for the project. 

For more on the new bike path and the ribbon cutting click here Middletown Bike Path Dedication

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2009 at 10:04am
What's the deal with the continual "additional cost was incurred" routine? Doesn't anything ever come within the predicted budget estimate? Who is estimating the costs (and planning) these projects before they begin?
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 10:12am
I checked out the new bike path Wednesday. It really looks great.

I'm excited that Middletown will finish the trail up to its current terminus in Franklin next year!

Now we just need to connect down to the trail in Hamilton.
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 10:26am
I'm all for the bike path and think it is great but.... we have spent millions and millions AND MILLIONS of dollars on a path to ride bikes, when there are people starving all over the city, county, state, country, and world. We have become so out of touch with what really matters in life... and that is "life itself". Millions of dollars on a path to ride a bike? Wow.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by justwatching justwatching wrote:

I'm all for the bike path and think it is great but.... we have spent millions and millions AND MILLIONS of dollars on a path to ride bikes, when there are people starving all over the city, county, state, country, and world. We have become so out of touch with what really matters in life... and that is "life itself". Millions of dollars on a path to ride a bike? Wow.

I have to agree. In this day and age with our economy in shambles & poverty on the rise like never before it is beyond sanity to spend money like this regardless of where it comes from. Who is going to buy a bike in todays prices ? Are the 1600 section 8's going to buy a $400 bike to ride on this path ? Are all the unemployed people going to spend their unemployment on a bike to ride on this path ?

Stupid is as stupid does !
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by SupportMiddletown SupportMiddletown wrote:

Now we just need to connect down to the trail in Hamilton.
People, and especially people at City Hall, must learn the difference between "want" and "need"!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 6:13pm
Actually Vet, those 1600 on section 8 probably DO HAVE a $400 bike. I know they have big screen tv's and nicer furniture than most hard working americans. Sorry, I know I'm generalizing and stereotyping here, but it sickens me every time I drive down Roosevelt Avenue past the Section 8 condos on trash day. There is ALWAYS boxes for new flat screen televisions and other large ticket items. Must be nice to be able to afford those and not have to make a house payment....
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 6:32pm
If you watched the city council meeting a few times back you would know that 1600 vouchers adds up to 3,000 people on section 8. Well they need the bike path to exercises after  the get up a noon everyday.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic