FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Friday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Friday
    Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 8:44am

I got up a little bit early this morning to see what was going on at Kohles and Target. The parking lot's of both stories were packed.

Did any one go out for the big sales today?  
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 9:49am
Nope! Gonna be slim pickens at the old Vet household again this year. We've all decided that having the wife come home from stroke recovery and rehab on Dec. 5th is a good enough Christmas present for all of us. This Thanksgiving had a different meaning for all of us than the usual meal, football and day off from work. She couldn't be home for Thanksgiving so we took the Thanksgiving meal to her at the hospital. Fed all the folks up in rehab also. Having the near death experience gave us a little different perspective than normal this year. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with their families and wish only the best for everyone this Christmas.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 9:55am
Vet I am very glad to hear that your wife is doing better and will be coming soon. Everyone here at MUSA had you in our thoughts and prayers.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 9:55am
Heck yes,Vet--concentrate on what is REALLY important--the family bond and health.
We all have too much already(well-most of us) and instead of buying more should help others not so fortunate in order to give the true meaning to the season.

All the best to you and your family, wishing your wife the best recovery possible.
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 10:10am
Spiderjohn, you are SOOOOOO correct, most (and I truly believe MOST) Americans have way "too much" and should focus on helping others in need rather than furthering their greedy desires.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2009 at 11:16pm
Vet,
Glad that your wife continues to progress!
Don't forget that we are here if there is any way that we can help.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 10:46am
Thanks everyone. Nice to have your kind words at a down time in one's life. The rehab folks have asked us how we were set up here at home. We have a ranch with one step up to the front porch and one step up into the house for her. Will need to have a ramp built for her over the front porch step into the house. Anyone know if there's a service thru United Way or some other provider that could assist? I'll call around. After she is in the house, no steps. She'll need a wheelchair/ (Hoveraround) from the Scooter Store perhaps? (thru Medicare I guess.) Hospital is providing the foldup wheelchair (thru Anthem I suppose). She still needs assistance getting into the chair, the bed, the shower, the bathroom, etc. They're working on her balance. Still can't move her left arm and leg but has feeling starting to come back and the nerve endings are starting to fire again because she feels pain in her left side. Rehab folks said it may take six months or longer for her to regain whatever movement she will get in the arm and leg. Hey! Hope everyone is enjoying themselves during the Thanksgiving break.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 7:10pm
Vet:  I would be pleased to assist with the planning and construction of any necessary ramps.  I also will loan all tools needed for the construction.

PS: It's been years since I've done this.  Give me as much lead time as possible so that I can brush up on all ADA and other requirements.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2009 at 7:18pm
Vet, I too will help  Mike build. I also may know someone to do it for us for free. I will make some calls Monday.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic