FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

President Sets Time Line for Withdrawl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: President Sets Time Line for Withdrawl
    Posted: Dec 02 2009 at 9:37am
Not sure it is a good idea to tell the enemy when we are leaving. I think the Taliban will consider the timeline when planning their expansion back into Afghanistan.

Liberal Ohio Rep Dennis Kuchinich even disagrees with the president.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2009 at 11:02am
I don't think the Taliban will expand in Afghanistan but when we start to withdraw from Vietnam 2 (aka Iraq) I believe we'll see a real mess & possibly a large insurgence there.

The perpetual Afghanistan fiasco with 30,000 more troops may see an improvement for a while. I don't understand why there is only 68,000 troops in Afghanistan. If one was serious about it there should be no less than several hundred thousand. And how long before we cross into Pakistan ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2009 at 12:22pm
JMO- We're occupying the countries (Afghanistan/Iraq) for awhile longer. We'll try to kill as many Wackers as we can find, although finding them is difficult most of the time. (Jungle- mountains/desert- it doesn't matter) We're training their police and military personel and setting up their government. We'll start the gradual pullout after someone says they're self-sufficient. We will leave. They will be on their own. We will all read in the paper shortly thereafter, that the government that we have set up was overrun by them Talliwackers. Their military will run from the onslaught and the police will take off their uniforms and filter back into their society as a civilian to avoid being killed. We will build a wall in DC and list the names of the war dead and ask why did we do this?- no one seems to know why. Hmmmmmm...... sounds like a repeat of the conclusion of the Vietnam War and the fall of Saigon to me. Haven't learned a da-- thing in the last 40 years, have we? Was it worth it then???? Is it worth it now???? Ask 10 people- 5 will say yes- 5 will say no.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic