FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Restaurant in Middletown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nezitiC nwotelddiM View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nezitiC nwotelddiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Restaurant in Middletown
    Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 9:04pm
Today at the Dentist a man came in with gift certificates and menus to China Town.  It is a new Chinese Restaurant (no buffet, a plus in my opinon)  in the Middletown Shopping Center.  It is located where that old buffet  was.  The buffet was kind of scary.  They seemed to have redone the inside.   The manager spoke great English which is helpful when ordering and was very kind.  They don't seem to be any kind of franchise like the current ones in town.  The food was delicious.  Competitive pricing.  They deliver for $1.00.

Here is their website. 
www.chinatown.chinatownpgh.com

I am only posting because I was so satisfied.  

They opened yesterday.  
nezitiC nwotelddiM View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nezitiC nwotelddiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 9:07pm
It is comparable to China Garden in Springboro.  No weird pictures of the food.
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 6:45am
They are our new next-door neighbors in the Middletown Shopping Center. We haven't had the chance to eat there yet, but certainly plan to! It is our understanding that the new owner is an experienced chef. Management is super and very customer oriented. Ditto to your buffet comment! Welcome to Middletown, China Town!!!
"Because nice matters..."
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 7:19pm
I am all over that...less than a mile from my house.  I want some Pad Thai and beef lo mein.

Yum!
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2009 at 8:03pm
I don't usually do restaurant reviews...in fact this is my first ever! Bruce and I had the chance to try China Town this week. The food is fresh made-to-order and was delicious! We tried sweet and sour chicken, chicken with broccoli, and moo goo gai pan (forgive me if I botched the spelling!). The lunch specials include your choice of soup, rice (fried or white), and tempora sweet potatoes. Everything was steaming hot and the sweet potatoes are not to be missed! We are picky about Chinese food and are happy to recommend China Garden to everyone, in fact we recommend them to our customers all the time!
bigd0170 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd0170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 7:06am
PattiGal,,   was the Sweet and Sour Chicken just Chicken and Sweet and Sour Sauce??..   I've been looking for a place that serves Sweet and Sour Chicken,  like the Old Mark Pi's China Gate,   it was Chicken, Sauce, Onions Green peppers, Pineapples...    Haven't had no luck finding it yet,  thats why I am asking..
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 8:44am
Sweet & Sour Chicken is served with the green pepper, pineapple and carrot chunks at Naings Garden on Verity Pkwy.
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 10:12am
Chicken with the sauce on the side. The chicken is very good and the sauce is better than most I've had, but no veggies.
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2010 at 7:18am
Went to China Garden last night. We had a good meal. I had steamed dumplings and sweet and sour chicken (and to answer an earlier question, there are vegetables and pineapple chunks). The service was excellent. I recommend it.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic