FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How come ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2009 at 9:32pm
I know that area a little bit.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Jan M. View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 1:27pm
Midfest here in Middletown is okay and I usually attend.  It always seems like a repeat of the previous years, perhaps with a different group here and there.  Of course the displays inside the City building are always nice and does change each year. 

I would like for Middletown to have a Bluegrass Festival.  I don't listen to Bluegrass music often, however, I do enjoy it when I hear it.  My son always records Woodsongs - Old Time Radio Show on PBS, and their specialty is Bluegrass music.  We have discovered many wonder artists by watching that show and have ordered the artists' CD's.  http://www.woodsongs.com/   There is a article I found online about one of the largest bluegrass festival.  Go to http://travel.nytimes.com/2009/07/03/travel/escapes/03Fiddle.html and check it out.

I feel that a well advertised Bluegrass Festival would bring a lot of people in from out of town.  Perhaps not as many as we would like the first year, but if done right, it would continue to grow each consecutive year.  Just have to get the right bands in for the festival. 

Jan M.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 1:40pm
Hooray for grass!

Miami U-Hamilton has one of the best acoustic music series in the country, annually featuring many of the top bluegrass acts in the world. They have a wonderful show this Saturday featuring Solas and April Verch(extremely hot young fiddler). Bela Fleck brings his African Band in next month, and John Cowan returns in March. Parrish Auditoium has excellent sound and is limited to 440.

Been trying to get the same director to take over the lame MU-Middletown program. A little nudge in that direction would be greatly appreciated by everyone. Finkleman seats 770, so it could support larger acts(larger $$$) and pack the place, as opposed to the nothing that goes on there now. That program disintegrated after Claire Easton departed.

I worked with her in the 70s, when MU-M hosted the orifginal Mahavishnu Orchestra, It's a Beautiful Day, Roy Buchanan, Ted Nugent(Amboy Dukes), Country Joe, Edgar Winter, and the MC5. I left after the last one, before the Aerosmith disaster.

jmo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic