FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown South

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 5:33pm
Franklin is a nice little town north of Middletown. I wanted to move there but I wasn't able to afford the old house that we wanted to get in the first place. Check out some of the houses on Oxford road and the historical society there was very helpful to me.

I am sorry to hear of your decision about Middletown but it is totally understandable. My wife and I are still new to the town but we know it will be an uphill battle for awhile. Good luck to you and your family, and I do hope you guys find your perfect home :)
Kujani1840 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kujani1840 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 8:29pm
Thank you, I really appreciate that. We actually found a few homes in Franklin, one in the Mackinaw Historic District? They do look really nice. My friends will be looking at them this weekend. We do really like the area. We were so upset with the South Main houses. They looked so beautiful and have so much character. There are some older houses that are for sale in Middletown that look really nice, but ...... Anyway, thanks for helping out. Take care.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2009 at 10:47pm
Interesting how someone can read some Newspapers, Blogs, other web sites on the net and come to the reasonable conclusion that Middletown is over run with Section 8, all in the name of City Supporting itself on Federal Dollars. 

Also interesting how Judy, Dave, Tony, Jim, Anita, Leslie, Larry and Bill can't see what has been done and continues to be done by them each month all for the almighty federal Dollar. 

Destroy the City, destroy the Schools, destroy the will of the people. destroy the business community, destroy the infrastructure, destroy the job market and all for what...........to maintain a Power Grip on the city and push more dollars into a failing City Hall.

Thank You City Leaders. 

All of a sudden 2010 is not looking so good.....................Thumbs%20Down
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2010 at 6:09am
My prayer in 2010 is for City Council members to insist upon transparency and accountability from senior City staff at One Donham Plaza.  How refreshing it will be for average citizens to know what is really going on at City Hall and for senior staff to be held accountable for their actions (or inaction). 

The truth will set the captives free !!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2010 at 6:45am
Kujani:
I am glad that you got to the truth.  Now that you have posted it, expect to be roundly criticized as being negative, a scoundrel, mis-informed, ignorant, lazy, hard-hearted and worse. 

Good luck in Franklin,  I am certain that you will be an asset to that community.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2010 at 7:02am
kujani--if the S.Main St.properties were in good order, you wouldn't be able to buy them so cheaply.
Unless you go to an up-scale community, Ohio is full of similar issues in most areas.
Then again--you pay premium for real estate in those areas.
Honestly--I doubt that anything said on this message board would sway your family's decision on such an important decision.

We are what we are--same with Atlanta(which has it's own problems).
Best of luck to you--whatever you choose.
Kujani1840 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kujani1840 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2010 at 3:47pm
Thank you Mikepresta and spiderjohn for your comments. I totally agree with your statement about the reason for the property being so cheap; however 100k worth of improvements on that house and it would be amazing, but with the condition of the neighborhood it doesn't warrant the investment, at least not now. I don't see anyone doing anything with those houses other than making them into multi family homes. If someone could come in and buy the entire block and restore them and sell them as single family homes, as my wife and I joked that we would, then they could make a difference. Just buying one and making it nice is going to help much. It would make a nice start, but unless something is done with the rest of the street, it's a waste of time and money.
     As far as Atlanta, good grief, you are not lying there. Atlanta's problems are the same as Middletown's just on a much larger scale: poverty, housing conditions, mis management of funds, etc... Of course Atlanta also has a MUCH worse crime problem than Middletown will hopefully ever have with all of the gangs, illegal immigrants, the taxes are outrageous even to live in a dumpy neighborhood, plus they have corruption amongst City Hall. The last Mayor hired all of his friends and gave them 6 figure salaries with absolutely no responsibilites. He then bankrupted the city and moved to Florida. Of course he had to go to jail for a whole 6 months and brush up on his golf game. Some of his friends would clock in at work and then leave and go play golf, go shopping, go home or wherever they wanted to go. We actually live in a suburb of Atlanta.
     I do appreciate the time everyone has taken in this forum. I am still a fan of Middletown and I hope that someone can revitalize it soon. Who knows, if I hit the lottery, I may still come in and buy up all the homes and "save" it anyway. Happy new year.
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 10:10pm
If you want an older house to restore etc... You could try the newly created historical district ,would love to have a new quality family in town nothing is happening in that area,Too listen to everyone else it's the worst part of town.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 12:11pm
Yeah, everyone else thinks everything but the newer east side is the worst part of town ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic