FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Go Jets!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Go Jets!!
    Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 8:35pm
I have never rooted against the Bengals...EVER. But I dont want the Steelers in the playoffs so GO JETS!!!
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 9:06pm
Randy Shocked !!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I don't blame you,I'm feeling a little sick right about now watching this game. I think the Jets are a lot more hungry than the Bengals. Jets about to score another TD and the Bengals are looking sad. Cry

Maybe I should just go to bed early and dream of a win. Dead
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 9:19pm
Hermes,It is impossible for me to sit here and not root for my boys. I wouldn't be too sick if the lost, but I do want then to look like a team. The look bad tonight, also, its prime time so I want them to look good. So screw it GO BENGALS..If we the Steelers get in the playoffs we will just beat them again.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 9:26pm
Randy - Yeah I know but they are looking Bad tonight with a capitol B. Defense is looking pretty good tonight but thats about it.Cry
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 9:55pm
I'm going to bed...I can't stand watching a "thrown" game. Disapprove
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2010 at 10:11pm
It is bad Hermes, but just think we get to watch our  boys in the playoffs, how happy are you? Even better is Vet is gonna be sick when they win the Super Bowl.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 6:43am
Mercy!, those Bangles took a beating last night. They looked bad on national TV folks. Now.... if we can just see those Jets repeat the performance, all will be right in the playoffs. Bangles- one and done.

Did you see the interview with Bob Costas and Chadly Ouchostinko before the game? He said, on national TV, that if the Jets cornerback shut him out, he would change his name back to Johnson. I didn't watch the whole game. Did he, or did he not, get shut out before leaving the game with an "injury"? Shouldn't someone call him on that or do we just let him run his mouth?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 6:54am
Hope #85 is OK, since he is dependable and goes all-out despite Palmer's wild and rushed passing.
Why don't YOU "call him" on his comments, Vet?
A lot of mouth-running as usual among the armchair experts.

Pretty embarrassing laydown though.
Have to see just who can play and at what strength next week.
10-6 is a great year, and probably an over-achievement.
D played well--O line was ok(Bama 1st rounder was a waste) and the rbs improved.
Palmer was lousy, TEs were horrible, and outside of a seriously covered #85, the WRs were mediocre.
Too many fumbles.

Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown--sos

Still hope that they rebound next week.
Current off-shore line is -2.5, for what should be a cold Saturday.

Hey Vet--how are Mr.Robinette and yourself doing together?
Future plans tochange anything or get a ;local business dialog going?
I can't get any contact going with them, though a nudge from Council would help and be appreciated.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 7:30am
You are indeed, incredible, Spider. You accuse some on this blog of "mouth running" and being "armchair experts" and then you offer this:

Pretty embarrassing laydown though.
Have to see just who can play and at what strength next week.
10-6 is a great year, and probably an over-achievement.
D played well--O line was ok(Bama 1st rounder was a waste) and the rbs improved.
Palmer was lousy, TEs were horrible, and outside of a seriously covered #85, the WRs were mediocre.
Too many fumbles.

Wouldn't that fit the "mouth running/armchair expert" criteria?

As to #85 and calling him out.... that's for Bob Costas and NBC to do. More clout than I on making the point. Would like to see them challenge him on national TV about his comment.

As for Robinette and I..... don't speak to the man, Spider. Just asked some questions once about how the Econ.Dev. Dept attracted jobs to town. Gave some info. in a post here on this site and that was that.

Might be an ideal opportunity to go to the first council meeting to mention a city gov/business dialogue. Might get a commitment from them when mentioned in public and asked point blank....but then again, it's Mulligan and the city council and they commit to nothing on camera during citizens comments. He--, they don't even speak or acknowledge your existence.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 8:48am
I agree with you on the ED thing, Vet, though I thought that you had a conversation. My bad there.
Been wanting to do approach Council or someone--trying to figure out the best approach to chisel through the stonewalling.
Haven't seen or heard from Ms.Hamett lately--is she still around?
Maybe something arranged by our new Councilmembers, since the retainees don't seem to want to get involved.

I was promised a meeting in November--blew me off late
Wanted to meet b4 the Duncan deal--blown off until after Dec.11(must have meant in 2010).
Not a peep since.

Also time to address the prosecuter situation in the law dept.
Lady prosecutor  is very nice, but swamped and in over her head.
Mr.Adkins left that dept. in a mess.
The female public defender seems to run the courtroom now. Judge talks tough and thankful for his support, though court costs seem to be the priority.
Theft is beyond control in this town, and not considered a serious offense. Maybe after someone gets killed or hurt(on either end) it will get proper attention.

Bungles?
You watched--not much else to say.

jmo
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 9:30am
Last nights game was a thrown game if ever I seen one. Even Ocho had enough and walked away. Is the NFL fixed ? I think that game proved it ! When I quit watching it was 37-0...I don't even want to know what the final was. Totally disgusting.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 12:04pm
I am not sure how my sports chat turned to city council, but this is a Bengals thread. Vet you know that, dont make me ban you. I am just looking for a reason. Big%20smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 12:08pm
Last night's game was a thing of beauty, right Hermes?    I know you will join me in hoping for a repeat of last night's game on Saturday at Paul Brown Stadium and the one and out prediction by many. Again, don't be swayed by Randy's youthful optimism and lack of experience rooting for a winning football franchise. He still is delusional about them advancing in the playoffs. So young- so full of hope, but, alas, is headed for a major disappointment soon. Sad, indeed!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 12:19pm
Adam- will you pleeeeze talk to Randall Jean and take away his computer capabilities if he insists on sassing! Mercy!- Give him a little authority and he starts acting like Donnie Trump with the threats! Give him a contest to run and he starts taking over like Al and Jesse at a rally. Pull that power switch on his computer- take away his keyboard- ban his password- anything to "teach 'em a lesson". John- can we discipline Randall for this blatant threat of a ban?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 2:13pm
Vet  - yeah it was a thing of beauty if your a Jets fan. Even Brad Johanson said the game might have been thrown. They said Ocho will be out for good but I bet we see him on Saturday.

I'm disgusted,disappointed,angry,hurt and blah blah blah. How could the Bengals do that in prime time ?!!! I can't believe I'm going to say this.....but I hope the Jets beat them again next Saturday.

The Bengals are dead to me !! Don't even bother calling my house Marvin I refuse to talk to you !!! Angry
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2010 at 2:35pm
Randeeee! Well, there you have it. Your fellow Bengal pal- your Bengal Super Bown supporter- your defender of the Bengal faith, has just made a statement that he was through with them and he hopes the Jets beat them this Saturday! Wow! Looks like you're the last remaining Bengals fan in the city.

I don't know- could the wheels be coming off the Bengals bandwagon BEFORE the playoffs have even started??? Is there an aire of frustration permeating the Bengal fifedom? I too, am shocked at this sudden turnaround of events, Randy! You can always count on me to be there to support you in troubled times, pal!

It's not a good Sunday, unless I hear Bradly YOhansom squeel with delight and wet his shorts. Didn't hear that yesterday.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2010 at 1:41am
Correct Vet--sounds like Randy is practicing for a seat at the Council table.

WHO--DEY!!!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 8:33am
Randy Lou and Hermes- just think- 12 hours from now, the Bengals will be eliminated from the playoffs, Bradly Yo and Davy Laugh'em will stop squeeling, WLW will be jammed with callers saying how the Bengals were cheated by a refs call, the Jungle will be quiet for another season, the Cincy football fans will be waiting for another .500 season from the Reds and no one will be yelling Who Dey anymore. A sobering thought, I know. I'm with you guys and can feel your pain! I, too, will miss the hope, followed by the agony of a Super Bowl attempt.

Yer supportin' pal,

Vet
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 10:00am
Vet - you've gone overboard there ole buddy. The Bengals really ticked me off last week but I'm back this week !! LOL

Even if they lose today I'll always be there giving support and feeling their pain. Wishing & hoping for a major victory on the road of war to the Super Bowl !!!

WHO  DEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic