FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown's New Vice Mayor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown's New Vice Mayor
    Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 9:55am
At last nights city council meeting Anita Scott-Jones was named the new vice mayor. I personally think this was a good choice. You can read more about Mrs. Scott-Jones and watch the video from last nights meeting  here

You can also read the interview given to MiddletownUSA.com by Mrs. Scott-Jones here

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 10:02am
She wanted to v-p badly enough. Let's see how much more she can talk during council comments. Also, watch the dynamics between she  and A.J.Exclamation
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 11:11am
Jag123, what are you talking about? Mrs. Scott-Jones is/was one of the only council members that would speak during council comments. You also made a comment in another thread about pressure from the new Vice Mayor concerning the severance package, and how there where three votes against going into the executive Session. How do you know what the count was before the Session?

jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 11:15am
from my relative who works for the city and is close to some council members. i think council dynamics will be a thing to watch this year and may be disrupting to growth of the city.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 11:29am
I too am very close to some of the council members and speak regularly. I didn't know any member that was against this package. This package is not that big of a deal, it will cost less than 40,000
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 2:16pm
Congratulations goes out to Ms. Scott-Jones. I like her spunk and her feistiness when questioning some of the topics that come before Council. Perhaps this will give her a chance to replace Mulligan in leading the meetings and she will relax the Mulligan rule of "not being prepared at this time to answer questions". She seems a bit frustrated at times judging by the look on her face at the council meetings. She offers a change and is better than the rubber stamp "yes" answers to all the "emergency" legislation that Landen presents each meeting. (Like to see Smith, Picard and Laubach adopt the same spunk/ feistiness also) Don't think Picard will. Seems too much like the others to be an independent operator. Seems not one of the councilmembers hesitates to approve everything and anything that is offered. Didn't think Armbruster was, nor is, effective in any role he has played on council. Glad to see him out as vice-mayor. Wish he was out as a councilman also. I would imagine Becker didn't want the hassle associated with the mayor/vice-mayor city representation duties.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

I too am very close to some of the council members and speak regularly. I didn't know any member that was against this package. This package is not that big of a deal, it will cost less than 40,000

Funny how it is always a big deal when it comes to the Citizens of Middletown.  Say when we are asking for funds to operate the pool for the summer and benefit 5000-7500 people.  Oh man, is it a big deal then.  But, now that we are going to give it away to 7 people, ex-employees at that............hmmmmmm not such a big deal anymore.  I would say the priorities in Middletown are just slightly screwed up.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 3:16pm
Wasteful:

Good point!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 4:10pm
rngrmed was spot on and too sensible to ignore.
To repeat:
Why not just allow the 7 employees to work for 5 more weeks instead of simply paying them for that length of time?

Ms.Scott-Jones' appointment is the best news of the year.
She would be a far superior mayor to Mr.Mulligan also.

Whatch Mulligan/Becker/Picard(the triplets) to hook up with the city manager to go after the Health Dept next.
An extremely bad move, considering a county takeover will follow.
Trust me on this one, if you have any trust in me at all.

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2010 at 4:17pm
Wasteful, This issue and many others in this town are a big deal, I didn't mean for it to sound like it wasn't. But it is not the end of the world either, the city is laying off 7 people and paying them a severance package. Companies do this all the time. . I think the best comment made was why not let them work for a month and just pay them.  Hell the bigger issue to me is the council retreat I keep hearing about. Who pays for that? I am sure it is us the tax payer, is this the best time for such a expenditure   

I am not a fan of the decisions our council makes, I think things should be done differently. But I am starting to see that it doesn't matter what decision they make no one is happy.

People seem to be up in arms over Sunset pool, where was all the anger when the Douglas Park pool closed? I live next door to Sunset park and spent many a day there this summer, the pool was not well attended and thats the facts. Sunset park is no doubt an issue that needs attention and it will have it once the spring rolls back around

Tell me Wasteful, what do you want to see  council do?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic