FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIN'T NO WAY!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
MerrellWood View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerrellWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 6:15pm
Freshman Council Members:  A.J. Smith & Josh Laubach

Do your homework.

Don't assume anything.
Say nothing unless your prepared to eat you words.
Are you?

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 6:36pm
Why are you only mentioning Smith and Laubach, there is another Freshmen in a seat. Not only that Mr. Wood you are calling out the two Council members that have been willing to come here and talk about today. Cant sat that for any others, Only one other member has a reason for not being on the site today and thats because she is out of town. So lets give this two some credit for stepping up to the plate
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerrellWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 6:50pm
I'm not calling anyone out ... They are doing their job by responding to their constituents. 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 6:57pm
Mr. Wood, like most I am not happy about this new development, not that David got the job but that it seems that no one else was interviewed for the job. It was just handed to him. I give a lot of credit to Smith and Laubach much respect for coming here today, we should Be talking about the members that are silent tonight. To me that speaks volumes.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 6:58pm
Sounds like a threat to me Mr. Wood.  If you have something to say spit it out. 
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerrellWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 7:46pm
Wastefull  .... I doubt  that A.J. or Josh  would interpret  my advice as some kind of threat.  As to having "something to spit out,"  it's nothing more than advice that has served me well and I would offer it to anyone, including yourself....
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MerrellWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 9:08pm
Come-on guys, it was just a little advice. Let not beat this thing to death...Spider, obviously I stand by my piece about new blood on council. Don't you folks think I took some heat over that? As to coming in last in the mayors race...someones got to.. Love to you all.
transplant View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 9:17pm
if this doesn't put an end to the "emergency" pieces of legislation nothing will.  what did senior staff know?  what questions did they ask the court about this position?  why was there no staff report in the legislative packet?  did senior staff or members of the commission ask about the process that would be taken to fill the position?  can the commission rescind this piece of legislation to make sure a proper process is followed?   
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 9:30pm
I have basically been speechless since this news surfaced.  (Yes, I am aware that this is a condition that many find refreshing,)

I do have one thought to add:

It was apparently known that "The money was already in the budget for 2010."   That means that this position was know about since the 2010 budget was prepared and submitted to council for aqpproval EARLY IN THE FOURTH QUARTER OF 2009.

This begs two questions:

1.  By voting to approve the 2010 budget including this new position, did Shiavonne cast a de facto vote for creating a position that he now occupies?

2.  How could this possibly have been an "emergency"?
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 10:31pm
Don't forget the 50ks that he conned to open a 6 month BBQ joint that went under. Also has anyone ever found out what the law suits were about and if there was ever any outcome. Yea I will feel better knowing that if the power goes down that he is leading the charge. Can you say generator?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2010 at 11:37pm
If we don't know anything else about this apparent back-room deal we do know this.....Why Schiavone didn't run again for council. Ermm

And it would seem that the so called emergency declaration was imposed so Schiavone could go to work immediatly and start getting a paycheck. Hhhmmmm....
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 12:11am
I hope City Council members question certain senior City staff as to what's really going on at City Hall?  The truth will set the captives free! 
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 12:18am
Mike -

Once again you've done your homework!  Thanks for shedding light on the real issues!
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 1:36am
I worry about this turning council in to another "Jerry Springer" episode.  I'm sure some of the good ol boys took advantage of the new guys and are probably somewhere laughing at them and us now.  Call them out on it and it turns in to a debacle and the new guys are termed "troublemakers". 
I think Merrill Woods is right, choose your words wisely and be prepared to have them thrown back at you.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 7:10am
Just a suggestion......AJ and Josh....... Would you be able to research the ordinances that pertain to creating new positions, paying specific attention to any mention of council being able to recind any ordinance creating that position? Is there any action that can be taken by you to get this thing reversed? If reversable, how many councilmembers would it take to support this decision? This whole thing, heaven forbid, might be a done deal and we may never see Schiavone leave the position. Think this "part time" job of his may develop into full time down the road after the smoke has cleared and we citizens have forgotten about it? They have tried that little trick several times in the past, haven't they?- put one of their buddies into a cake walk job on a temp. basis, let it slide out of sight for awhile, and then, down the road, surfaces as a full time ride on the gravy train?????? Don't let 'em do that in this case. Make sure that if Schiavone does stay in the job, he stays for the 5 weeks or so and leaves. Don't trust these 's a bit. Let's make an issue of this on behalf of the citizens. As Merrill says- DO YOUR HOMEWORK- MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE RULES- PRESENT YOUR CASE- WAIT FOR THE LEGALITY BULLCRAP FROM LANDEN AND THE VINDICTIVE BULL FROM GILLELAND TO HIT YOU and STAND YOUR GROUND! If they keep showing their posterior as to attitude, start the initial phases of termination for both of them. The town would benefit from them being gone anyway. JMO
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 7:16am
Some people live and learn.
Others just go on living.

No need to over-react to this situation.
As mentioned, maybe Mr.S will do a good job(as long as his hours worked are clearly monitored and documented).
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 7:46am
Hey...remember the totality of his fiasco at the County!
He knowingly falsified timecards (his own, and approved those of people he supervised), but I've heard that the total amount of manhours times the salaries involved would've raised it to felony level.
Also, they had to BAR HIM from the workplace because he was going around trying to coerce co-workers into testifying (and I doubt testifying truthfully) for him.

This is the kind of guy that should be working in the court system?  He should have been thrown off city council.  He also should have been prosecuted, instead of merely been "permitted to resign".
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 7:48am
People, somewhere, this all has to STOP!

Landen, Kohler, Schiavonne, Gilleland, the Historical Society, MMF...why in the world do we stand for all of this???
Murray View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 8:47am
Just an FYI, on January 1st, 2010 David Schiavone became a private citizen...people making slanderous comments about a private citizen aren't protected from being sued by that person, unlike they would be if he were a public official. 

Also, a few other points:

-$5,000 total pay for 6 weeks of work does not equal a golden parachute in most peoples books, nor does it "explain" his reason for leaving council...I don't know about you, but I've never heard of anyone buying a house in the bahamas for $5k...after taxes $3,500....are you kidding me?
-City council has absolutely NO say in the appointment of a judicial employee, they are 2 entirely separate entities.  The council doesn't appoint the judge, the judge doesn't answer to council.  The only reason for the emergency legislation is out of courtesy to the council.  The judge can and will do whatever he wants with or without the support of council. 
-AJ and Josh, the cities unemployment is sky high, people are fleeing the city in droves (or they would be if they could sell their houses), the tax base is shrinking...and this is the kind of thing that you want to waste your time on.  Read the charter before you overstep your bounds anymore and put yourself in a position where you inexperience/immaturity to the entire community.  This is why nothing gets done in this city, no one wants to face the real issues, they just want to create noise and look like they know how to do their job. 
-So there is no confusion, COUNCIL HAS NO SAY IN THE APPOINTMENT OF JUDICIAL EMPLOYEES, NONE, ZERO!  IF YOU READ THE ORC YOU WOULD KNOW THIS. 
-For all of you conspiracy theorists out there, get a life!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:38am

Murray, welcome to the site, glad to have one more opinion in the mix. But I must say your stance sounds like one of someone that is very close to the situation. I do agree that there are people fleeing the city and unemployment is super high. So with all these people out of work why was this job not put out for anyone to apply? Why just hand it to David? Is he really the most qualified? It seems very funny and you know it.

If people are joining the site to state their opinion on this thread and tell others to “get a life” then we must be on point about something and getting under someone’s skin. And for the record there are no slanderous comments being made here, if you believe there are, please point them out and I will take the proper action.

Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:47am
I don't know who you are Murray - but I did not slander him in anyway.  However like you said there are a lot of unemployed individuals in this city that would have jumped at this job - had it been posted properly. Schiavione has no more experience in this field or a good track record as alot of citizens.  You say the city has nothing to do with the courts, I am sure on paper you are right.  However, this money was put in the budget for 2010, those budgets were finalized in 2009 - correct.  Schiavonie had knowledge of the budgets (see the conflict) .This was put in front of council as an emergency - state why this had to be an emergency.  Making sure lights stay on for the 72 hour required arrainment time is nothing new.  Why did he get the position in 3 days - others were not given the opportunity to provide their resumes for this temp position.  This was a good ole boy handout to an excouncil member and you know it.  If he really is the best qualified for the position (5000 means a lot to some people by the way - maybe not you) have your friends open it up and let others apply as well.
Murray View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:49am
Originally posted by tomahawk35 tomahawk35 wrote:

Don't forget the 50ks that he conned to open a 6 month BBQ joint that went under. Also has anyone ever found out what the law suits were about and if there was ever any outcome. Yea I will feel better knowing that if the power goes down that he is leading the charge. Can you say generator?

People need to realize that it might have been safe to say these things 2 weeks ago, however that's not the case anymore, he's a private citizen.  Spout off all you want, but know that you are risking legal action against you.

I don't know of the details of his hiring, however I do know he has a background in criminal justice as well as the judicial system...sounds qualified to work a part-time job without benefits for several weeks. 
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:52am
Ms.Andrew calls us the "enemy camp"
Mr.Adkins calls us "vultures"
Mr.Marconi calls us "liars"
Mayor Mulligan states that Council "is not set up to answer ?s"

sticks and stones...blah blah blah

so--we must be doing something right to be viewed as such a threat, and this site obviously has the attention of our detractors, AND is perfectly set up to answer ?s. 
so--watch what u say
do it carefully and as factually as possible
and most importantly of all--turn up the heat on our public figures!
they took an oath to represent our concerns
They appreciated our support towards their election--so why turn on us now?

Smith,Laubaugh and Picard just started.
One meeting so far.
I think that they have already learned an important lesson.
Hopefully they will grow from this situation, and "Won't Be Fooled Again"

"Meet the New Boss
Same as the Old Boss"
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:55am
Murray,

I'm not sure who you are... but I know you're a moron. That comment by tomahawk is in no way slanderous. Maybe someone should have bought you a dictionary for Christmas.

And as far as anyone being "risking legal action", well.... DUH. Anyone can sue anyone for anything. I can sue you because I don't like your haircut and it causes me emotional distress. That doesn't mean it's a valid lawsuit and that the courts won't throw it out immediately.

Take a hike Murray, no one is listening to your BS.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2010 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Murray Murray wrote:

Originally posted by tomahawk35 tomahawk35 wrote:

People need to realize that it might have been safe to say these things 2 weeks ago, however that's not the case anymore, he's a private citizen.  Spout off all you want, but know that you are risking legal action against you.

I don't know of the details of his hiring, however I do know he has a background in criminal justice as well as the judicial system...sounds qualified to work a part-time job without benefits for several weeks. 

I don't have a degree in anything nor am I the smartest guy in Middletown (my Brother might be though) so Mr. Murray can please enlighten me as to what is slanderous about this comment?

And once again I am sure there many people in this town that are qualified to do that job, tell us, in all your infinite wisdom why these people where not given the opportunity  to apply?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic