FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doctors to go to

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
khope83 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khope83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doctors to go to
    Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 1:39pm

My husband and I recently moved up to Middletown and need a good family practice doctor to go to.  Any suggestions?

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 1:43pm
If you dont mind driving over to Trenton there is a Dr. Schulz..513-988-6067
BengalBill View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BengalBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 2:38pm

Leah Avera ("Generations Medical Practice") is on Summitt Drive.  She's been pretty good and you can get in to see her fairly quickly unlike some of the older doctors in town.

khope83 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khope83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 3:09pm
ok, i just like seeing my same doc everytime i go back.  With my old one it was whoever was there-kind of a pain.

I know where Avera is. 
adamwlewis View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 3:11pm
My wife and mother both just recently stated seeing Avera and love her.
Adam Lewis' Blog
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2010 at 6:58pm
I feel very confident in recommending Dr. Mary Krebs, MD, at Family Practice Associates on Breiel Blvd. in Middletown.  I am not 100% sure that she is accepting new patients, but I believe so.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
khope83 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khope83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 5:29pm
I know Krebs and Avera are under our plan.  I think Krebs is a little younger??  Not sure about Avera.
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 7:35pm
I'm a nurse and I go see Avera....she is mid-late 30's early 40's.  Takes her time with patients glad to answer all questions.  I think she is great.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 5:33am
Originally posted by khope83 khope83 wrote:

I know Krebs and Avera are under our plan.  I think Krebs is a little younger??
Dr. Krebs is young, to me, but that is relative. I am really old, so even Dr. Faustus seems young to me! LOL
 I do not know Dr. Avera, so I have no idea which of the two is older.

More to the point, Dr. Krebs joined Family Practice Associates as Dr. Ryan (our family physician since we moved back here in 1998) was retiring, so I have been seeing her for over a year (or has it been two???)  now.  I have found her competent in every way.  To my way of thinking, her youth gives her the advantage of all the latest training (she received her MD rom Ohio State.)  There are older Docs in this same practictice that I have seen in the past for minor emergencies when Dr. Ryan was away.  They are always available and Dr. Krebs strikes me as the type who would not be hesitant to confer at any time she had any hesitancy in a diagnosis. She immediately arranged for an appointment with a local, experienced ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat Doc) for me when I saw her last year for what I thought was a minor matter.  (It turned out to be not only not minor, but I was near needing hospitalization.)

The bottom line is that I am an old man (some would say "codger") with several on-going problems (one of which is fairly rare), and when Dr. Ryan left, I could have switched to ANY of the other docs at this practice (or, of course, I could have changed to a completely different practice.)  I have absolutely no regrets with my decision to give Dr. Krebs a chance. She also has a wonderful "bedside manner".  (And, unlike with Doc Ryan, we haven't threatened each other even once!!! LOL LOL LOL)

If you'd like more info,  here's a link:  http://fmlypractice.net/default.aspx 

PS: If you do decide to choose Dr. Krebs, tell I said she owes me a carton of CIGARETTES as a "finder's fee"!!! Wink LOL LOL 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
khope83 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khope83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 9:19pm
Thanks for your help!!  I'm just used to my old doctor when I lived back at home!!  Thanks!!
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 10:36pm
Dr. Joe Burkhard on cinn/dixie rd in Monroe is very good
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic